Thanks Thanks:  33
Likes Likes:  181
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread - 2021 AFL Grand Final vs Melbourne

There's no way Roarke Smith goes out. No way. Similarly JJ who has been excellent.

In: Keath, Weightman
    Out: Cordy (unlucky), VDM
    Sub: Scott or VDM.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The curve ball. Last time we played them at the MCG, we went in with Keath, Cordy & Schache as defenders for McDonald, Brown and Jackson/Gawn. So we though we needed three KPDs. Then Keath got injured and it was just Schache & Cordy. Then we won. So the question I guess is do we NEED a third KPD?
    Yeah I think we do. Brown was clunking them on Friday and Jackson & Gawn were both outstanding
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Yeah I think we do. Brown was clunking them on Friday and Jackson & Gawn were both outstanding
    Melbourne structure up similarly to Port with Charlie and Marshall taking the key spots, and Ladhams/Lycett resting forward. Melbourne have Brown and McDonald, with Jackson/Gawn.

Melbourne will be a tougher assignment, but if we can again restrict entries we should be ok. Timmy got back quite a bit too when he spent time in ruck.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Roarke and in interest of keeping side settled I think he will stay in. On other hand he is likely next in line for possible replacement (after VDM for Cody and one of Cordy or Gardner for Keath). What are Richard’s defensive traits like and can he play in wing ok (vs HBF/Woody’s role)? Do you think he is any chance of replacing Roarke and perhaps Roarke bring sub? (especially if VDM hammy doubtful).

What was Richard’s injury (was it shoulder I read somewhere)?

Got a feeling if MC confident Martin can back up his PF efforts and are out 4 quarters they will want speed as medi sub and Richards has that. Both he and Roarke reasonably tall without being KP size & both can take a good mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Cordy & VDM (both unlucky)
    In: Keath & Weightman.

VDM the sub if fit.

Would love to see Wally as medi sub....but think it will be VDM or Scotty.

Post Thanks / Like

From Sam’s piece in the paper today.

“Last week Beveridge personally guaranteed Cody Weightman (concussion) he would be selected for the Grand Final should the Dogs progress and Alex Keath (hamstring) is also on track to return”

7. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just praying that Stef pulls up ok.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm just praying that Stef pulls up ok.
    +1 for this. Even though his game in a vacuum was kinda bad he just makes everyone walk taller. We're gonna need some physicality put into Gawn too, especially now that he's apparently a 208cm Buddy Franklin.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    +1 for this. Even though his game in a vacuum was kinda bad he just makes everyone walk taller. We're gonna need some physicality put into Gawn too, especially now that he's apparently a 208cm Buddy Franklin.
    Our clearance and contested ball numbers were outrageous in the first 6 rounds of the season when Stef was playing. He completely smothered Lycett, who was so destructive against us in R22 - no surprise that our mids dominated with him back on the weekend.

His presence also makes English twice as dangerous as both a key forward and a relief ruckman. I wonder if the prelim was the plan all along with Stef, knowing his age and the ability to get an extra week off to freshen up, and we had to hold fort using Young and others while the cavalry arrived.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Our clearance and contested ball numbers were outrageous in the first 6 rounds of the season when Stef was playing. He completely smothered Lycett, who was so destructive against us in R22 - no surprise that our mids dominated with him back on the weekend.

His presence also makes English twice as dangerous as both a key forward and a relief ruckman. I wonder if the prelim was the plan all along with Stef, knowing his age and the ability to get an extra week off to freshen up, and we had to hold fort using Young and others while the cavalry arrived.
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider this too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big VDM fan, but you get the feeling they won’t risk him.

In: Cody, Keath

Out: VDM, Cordy

Scott the sub, can play back or forward.

Must admit I’m a bit nervous about Keath with recurring issues.

Martin has to get up. Will be interested to hear how he pulled up
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I am a big VDM fan, but you get the feeling they won’t risk him.

In: Cody, Keath

Out: VDM, Cordy

Scott the sub, can play back or forward.

Must admit I’m a bit nervous about Keath with recurring issues.

Martin has to get up. Will be interested to hear how he pulled up
    I heard on the weekend Keath probably could have played on Saturday, so that tells me he is right to go. (fingers crossed)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I heard on the weekend Keath probably could have played on Saturday, so that tells me he is right to go. (fingers crossed)
    Chris Grant told Tom Morris if it was a GF he would’ve played. Just caution and only tightness. Nothing to worry about with two weeks of treatment and rehab.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If it was GF they would've risked him, but thinking after a 2 week break he'll be cherry ripe... and I guess a good thing is it was the other hammy to the one he injured in Rd.19 so not an recurring issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Just on the Stef Martin discussion....it was pretty telling that Bevo mentioned how the players (midfielders) had been asking when Stef would be right to play. They obviously have a lot of faith and trust in him.

And on Keath....really interesting that 'he would have played if it was a Grand Final' which I read into as we had a lot of confidence about our Prelim prospects! Practically resting blokes