Thanks Thanks:  33
Likes Likes:  181
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread - 2021 AFL Grand Final vs Melbourne

Can’t be serious. We cannot play Cordy over Gardner. Madness. Gotta be fake.

Post Thanks / Like

So I don't get the people that say that Cordy plays with mongrel, he hasn't had for years and he otherwise is just undisciplined. I could take the lack of mongrel if he had decent defensive positioning but he doesn't have that either.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a red herring? Great the nerves have gone into overdrive now awaiting team selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner. Wow. Didn’t see that coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Gardiner’s disposal is massively sketchy and so maybe they’re going with Cordy’s overall package being better cause he’ll turn it over less?

I’m just trying to work out why. I’d have to watch the prelim again and focus, but was Cordy the better of the two?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I would make it through to Saturday afternoon before the need time be violently ill, but it’s come on early… bring on the good times.

Post Thanks / Like

If fox footy are correct then Pieman might be on the money regarding Schache to backline.

Schache back, Cordy forward. Or if Cordy plays in backline and looks like it’s not working he can go forward. Maybe it’s Cordy’s flexibility that gives him the nod? Having just watched all 4 x 2016 finals Cordy’s competitiveness at ground level is good and Cordy has mongrel in him that’s for sure.

Who plays on whom in backline? We have to counter Fritsch, Brown, McDonald and possibly one of Jackson or Gawn. One of our medium defenders like Duryea or Woody will probably get Fritsch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Gardiner’s disposal is massively sketchy and so maybe they’re going with Cordy’s overall package being better cause he’ll turn it over less?

I’m just trying to work out why. I’d have to watch the prelim again and focus, but was Cordy the better of the two?
    Cordy was good in the prelim and all I can think is that they're concerned about Gardner's ability to cope with the pressure on the biggest stage.

I'm more concerned that it has leaked early. Shit like that has the potential to be disruptive.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Thanks whythelongface thanked for this post
    Likes josie, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    If fox footy are correct then Pieman might be on the money regarding Schache to backline.

Schache back, Cordy forward. Or if Cordy plays in backline and looks like it’s not working he can go forward. Maybe it’s Cordy’s flexibility that gives him the nod? Having just watched all 4 x 2016 finals Cordy’s competitiveness at ground level is good and Cordy has mongrel in him that’s for sure.

Who plays on whom in backline? We have to counter Fritsch, Ben Brown, Mitch Brown and possibly one of Jackson or Gawn. One of our medium defenders like Duryea or Woody will probably get Fritsch.
    Williams on Fritsch, Duryea on Cameron. Raffle off the other roles, Wood might end up getting the task of the resting ruck.

12. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I too would have had Garnder in ahead of Cordy.
    I can't imagine how shattered he is if this is true
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I think it’s simply a case of us trusting Cordy’s experience in the biggest game of the year. Melbourne rank 17th for accurate kicks inside 50, and Cordy is better on the deck than Gardner is. If chaos ball ensues in the Dees forward 50, we may value Cordy’s ground ball game more. Bevo may also have a specific matchup or tactic in mind (Cordy as a defensive forward on Lever, Schache back). Not the selection I would have made, just playing devil’s advocate.

Surely at this stage of the season, after all of Bevo’s moves that we have questioned time and time again (Dale in defence, playing Schache at all after the Tigers game, playing Hannan when he was poop) you just have to trust him.

As alluded to above, the reason this got out (Most likely) is Gardner telling family. Might not have been leaked by anyone at the club.

Get on the Cordy for first goal scorer train, it’s on its way to premiership station!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post

Who plays on whom in backline? We have to counter Fritsch, Ben Brown, Mitch Brown and possibly one of Jackson or Gawn. One of our medium defenders like Duryea or Woody will probably get Fritsch.
    I don’t get the fascination with Cordy going forward. He isn’t good in that role. And whilst he was competitive at ground level in 2016, he doesn’t have the same agility now as he did then.

And I think the player you were searching for is Tom McDonald.

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Gardy has told family and they’ve gone straight to the media, that’s utterly ridiculous.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Something that I am wondering is who gets the defensive forward role; we'll try and do what we did last time where Naughton tried to get himself on Lever as much as possible while Hannan was blocking May but who gets it from there? Schache and Hannan could both get the gig but English would be the best out of the three at getting it to the ground but would he be better suited taking Petty?