Thanks Thanks:  33
Likes Likes:  181
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread - 2021 AFL Grand Final vs Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Apparently May played with a 6cm hamstring tear. We really didn’t make him do enough. Could have exposed that. But really prob wouldn’t have mattered when our mids gave up easy ball.
    This has been playing on my mind a lot. If Smith doesn’t fumble that ball, we run down the ground with numbers and continue to hold momentum. With each goal the pressure builds on them and I think we were probably two goals away from making them throw out their game plan and I could see May getting used for the substitute.

There are a lot of “what if’s” in footy, but at the ground I saw a team that were struggling and seriously on the ropes. Of their five goals to that point, three were gifted from our nervy mistakes. They didn’t look like scoring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    This has been playing on my mind a lot. If Smith doesn’t fumble that ball, we run down the ground with numbers and continue to hold momentum. With each goal the pressure builds on them and I think we were probably two goals away from making them throw out their game plan and I could see May getting used for the substitute.

There are a lot of “what if’s” in footy, but at the ground I saw a team that were struggling and seriously on the ropes. Of their five goals to that point, three were gifted from our nervy mistakes. They didn’t look like scoring.
    This stuff will send you bat-sh1t mad if you think too much about it. I've had to really, really try and not think "what-if" too much. It's killer.

But it also shows we were actually really quite close. While we got flogged (which would've happened either way once the game was won/lost) we weren't THAT far off it. A real shame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

We were 6 points down with 50 seconds left to 3/4 time. Even holding firm at that point would have given Bevo and the players the chance to reset and come up with a plan to counter whatever the Demons were doing at centre clearances. Those 3 goals in less than 40 seconds were absolute killers.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    We were 6 points down with 50 seconds left to 3/4 time. Even holding firm at that point would have given Bevo and the players the chance to reset and come up with a plan to counter whatever the Demons were doing at centre clearances. Those 3 goals in less than 40 seconds were absolute killers.
    And what ever belief we had before that 40 seconds were immediately snuffed out. It really was the stuff of nightmares. I can’t even imagine what went through Bevos mind in that timeframe.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    And what ever belief we had before that 40 seconds were immediately snuffed out. It really was the stuff of nightmares. I can’t even imagine what went through Bevos mind in that timeframe.
    No one talks about it anymore, but one of the biggest mistakes made by the AFL is getting rid of runners. It has made the game worse and has added no value. Imagine having a runner at that time running out and giving the boys a message.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    No one talks about it anymore, but one of the biggest mistakes made by the AFL is getting rid of runners. It has made the game worse and has added no value. Imagine having a runner at that time running out and giving the boys a message.
    True but all teams are dealing with that. Why are we so poor at adjusting mid-game?

Post Thanks / Like

Where is the game sense by our players?

*!*!*!*! me dead! It isn't like the players in the middle of the ground aren't our experienced & best players... hold some width and don't allow the opposition to stroll out of there at will!

8. Likes Sedat, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    True but all teams are dealing with that. Why are we so poor at adjusting mid-game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Where is the game sense by our players?

*!*!*!*! me dead! It isn't like the players in the middle of the ground aren't our experienced & best players... hold some width and don't allow the opposition to stroll out of there at will!
    I am talking overall. There is no logical reason to get rid of runners.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I am talking overall. There is no logical reason to get rid of runners.
    Because runners were staying on the ground longer than what was needed and plugging up gaps on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Because runners were staying on the ground longer than what was needed and plugging up gaps on the field.
    Still bullshit as far as I am concerned.

I have seen players on the bench trying to get on for 10 minutes. You may think it is ok, but I don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Still bullshit as far as I am concerned.

I have seen players on the bench trying to get on for 10 minutes. You may think it is ok, but I don't.
    I would think that is more to do with where the ball is rather than players not knowing to come off.