Thanks Thanks:  33
Likes Likes:  181
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread - 2021 AFL Grand Final vs Melbourne

Dixon is a good match up for Cordy so I wasn't surprised that he played well but he will surely make way for Keath.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a really tough decision.

I see Vandemeer out for Weightman and probably Cordy for Keath

Realistically the whole list of the winning team deserve medals as it takes more than the GF day to win a flag.

At the very least everyone who has played game time throughout the year has contributed to being in the GF.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

3. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roarke will tag Langdon

So-
    In: Weightman and Keath
    Out- Cordy, Scott, Vanders

Vanders or scott to be Sub
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

Realistically the whole list of the winning team deserve medals as it takes more than the GF day to win a flag.

At the very least everyone who has played game time throughout the year has contributed to being in the GF.
    Agree. I’ve always found it ridiculous only the players on the day get a medal. Everyone who plays a game for the year should get one. I actually think all players in the list should get one as it takes a village, but minimum one game is a nice compromise if it’s needed. While we’re at it, scrap the suspension ruling you out of the Brownlow rule.

6. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne strength is their midfield and defence.

I agree Roarke Smith is in the discussion of being dropped but I don't think Melbourne in is the team we take a midfielder out and bring in a forward.

Both JJ and VDM deserve their spot but I think one of them will make way for Weightman.

Keath in for Cordy.

I'm sure this will change 29 times between now and Saturday week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

We're going in to a Grand Final with Ryan Gardner as our CHB, and Josh Schache as our CHF - and I feel confident about them.

Could not have imagined that sentence being written even six months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

That one holding the ball brain melt aside, Gardner was rock solid last night. The player that he’s become is dumbfounding.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes EasternWest, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a few silly holding the balls last night. I thought the umpiring was a little biased towards port. The frees against Martin, especially the one where he and Lycett were grappling eachother were crazy. Then the inconsistency in htb calls against Dale vs Aliir. On the whole I thought there was little influence. Anyway, my point being we aren’t hearing from these twerps about the umpiring. Why? Because we smashed a team whilst losing the free kick count. I understand the average idiot on social media saying that shit but when it comes out of people in the media you’ve gotta question their employer.

F*** the world who undermined us! And may it continue so we can continue to shove your face in it.

12. Likes DOG GOD, jeemak, Mutz, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Roarke will tag Langdon

So-
    In: Weightman and Keath
    Out- Cordy, Scott, Vanders

Vanders or scott to be Sub
    Yep, this.

JJ had his best game in years and was very critical early. Even without injury cloud, VDM prob makes way for Weightman. That’s the toughest call I’d say. Cordy out for Keith pretty much just makes sense, again, not that Cordy did a lot wrong yesterday.

We should go into the GF only Bruce missing from our best 22 and all of the “fringe” players in their best form all year.

Can’t wait!

14. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

I can't believe the AFL has not come to the party on this. If you play in one game during the season you should get a Premiership Medallion. You have contributed to the team winning. It's so cruel that you can play in every game, get injured in a Prelim and you don't get a Medallion.

Post Thanks / Like

You would think it is almost 100% chance that the Medi-Sub gets a run. Whos is the best player to have an impact off the bench?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    You would think it is almost 100% chance that the Medi-Sub gets a run. Whos is the best player to have an impact off the bench?
    I think VDM is the one, if fit. Otherwise Scott or Richards would both be good options.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think VDM is the one, if fit. Otherwise Scott or Richards would both be good options.
    Roarke on ABC radio today says VDM felt a little tightness and decided to pull the pin, and thinks he is ok. However, I prefer Cody over VDM and JJ's experience
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it crazy. Just to reflect, that we just clocked out biggest ever finals win EVER and we now get back our Gun KPD and our outrageously talented non KPF. To make the 22/23 much better. It’s loco.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Roarke on ABC radio today says VDM felt a little tightness and decided to pull the pin, and thinks he is ok. However, I prefer Cody over VDM and JJ's experience
    He fluffed a few decisions but I really liked VDM's pressure and productivity. Will be rough to see him miss but JJ was brilliant and Cody is a lock.

I think it comes down to Roarke and VDM for last spot in the 22, with the other as sub and my gut feel is Roarke gets the gig, given there is a real need for a defensive winger to stop Langdon.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.