Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  55
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bevo: Yarraville nets whenever feasible

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You know how I love stories and derailing threads?

Frank Sinatra met his first wife when he went over to her table alongside the stage during a break in a gig and asked her to stop eating lemons while he was singing because it made his throat go dry. That was before he started the affair with Nancy Reagan.
    I've never come across any examples.

My best Frank story isn't quite the same as yours. One night a mate and I went to a house party in the suburbs and had some really good but strangely brown boppers. We got back to his place around ten to seven in the morning, also in the suburbs, and decided we'd have a cup of "tea". By half nine we were amazed by the quality of the tea (sugar cubes, in boiling water), and then Anchors Aweigh came on as the Sunday movie.......

By god did we regret the tea (not really), and by dog did Frank Sinatra look like the slipperiest dude going around dancing with those cartoons.........

Good times.
    Last edited by jeemak; 12-09-2021 at 06:38 PM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I've never come across any examples.

My best Frank story isn't quite the same as yours. One night a mate and I went to a house party in the suburbs and had some really good but strangely brown boppers. We got back to his place around ten to seven in the morning, also in the suburbs, and decided we'd have a cup of "tea". By half nine we were amazed by the quality of the tea (sugar cubes, in boiling water), and then Anchors Aweigh came on as the Sunday movie.......

By god did we regret the tea (not really), and by dog did Frank Sinatra look like the slipperiest mother *!*!*!*!er going around dancing with those cartoons.........

Good times.
    This might be the greatest podcast of all time. Actually there is no "might be" about it. This is flat out the greatest podcast of all time.

https://wondery.com/shows/the-grand-scheme/

Frank Sinatra is one of my biggest heroes.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    This might be the greatest podcast of all time. Actually there is no "might be" about it. This is flat out the greatest podcast of all time.

https://wondery.com/shows/the-grand-scheme/

Frank Sinatra is one of my biggest heroes.

I really loved his big band stuff. Was his daughter's biggest hit better than his biggest hit?
    Last edited by jeemak; 12-09-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Finals record

7 WINS

3 Losses
    We've gone out first week a few times but man when we win we've gone deep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Who was considering trading Bailey Smith for a ruckman last week?
    I don't know what you're talking about
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I call it the Bont and Bevo era. They are both of the same pedestal for me.

9. Likes azabob, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So.....
    I've been on a super Letterkenny binge these past few weeks...
    So..... you were watching the football the other day...............
    IF you've got a problem with Luke Beveridge, you've got a problem with me...
    and I suggest you let that marinate!

He's copped it hard here, there and everywhere. but this legend has got us to 2 GFs in 6 seasons...
    Having listened to Shane Biggs on the Danny/Boyd podcast.. its' real clear why/how we had a premiership hangover.
    I recommend folks listen... I don't begrudge any of them either..and its' also awesome that Shane this year has become invested again in the Dogs.... check out his Insta tonight!
    Biggsy was absolutely on fire last night.

I deserve a belting in the nets. Bevo, give me a buzz. I’ll tie my hands behind my back and you go for your life. He’s such a gentlemen I’m sure he’ll spare me my life.

11. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hold no regrets in criticising, but I certainly look stupid now not being fussed if we moved him on. But gotta remember what we were looking at 3 weeks ago. Blown a top 4 spot with abysmal football. This finals side is a different beast.

13. Likes SonofScray, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Biggsy was absolutely on fire last night.

I deserve a belting in the nets. Bevo, give me a buzz. I’ll tie my hands behind my back and you go for your life. He’s such a gentlemen I’m sure he’ll spare me my life.
    He was very funny.

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Biggsy is the loosest of loose units.. I listened to him on the Danny/Boyd podcast last week. He spoke about how he had fallen out of love with footy and hadn't gone to a game or taken an interest again until this year. His form last night was perfecto!

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing I dislike about the Beveridge commentary is that he isn't given adequate respect for the coach that he is. I feel because he is such a players coach and a bit quirky that he isn't given credit for his tactical acumen. He isn't given that credit by the media or our own supporters. In the industry itself though he is regarded incredibly highly in this regard so it is a really frustrating misconception.

I also think his ability to influence the club and basically manage his people, setting up a culture and method of operating is underrated. He does it differently but you are under no illusions that it is his club. Your coach is your club so he is our best asset, they set up your values, your method and what you stand for. Given he has done this I think he deserves more respect than blaming him for every poor performance. Criticise and question by all means but do it from a position of fact and not blindly.

19. Thanks jeemak, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Raw Toast thanked for this post
    Likes Threedogs, hujsh, Testekill, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My lack of faith, shared by a number of other woofers, in Hannan and to a lesser extent Gardner shows how great a coach Bevo is. He can see what’s needed for the future as well as be competitive in the now. Interestingly I always thought Schache would repay the faith and recently Bevo’s done wonders for him too. Bevo did right thing holding back Marra as well and then there are those magnificent changes like Boyd and Dale to backline that confirm what a maestro Bevo is.

Would love to find out in years to come if Bevo thought English would make it as first ruck, or whether he always intended for him to be a support ruck & key forward, and if it was the former as I suspect it was, when did he change his mind and was he influenced by others at club to change his mind.

Curious if woofers think some change in support coaches might still be warranted? This was a theme from some of us who thought the club should continue to support Bevo but that perhaps some new, reasoned & strong voices are needed. When we had a drop in form in later rounds and some puzzling MC selections I thought some new support coaches and/or another senior knowledgeable person might be a good idea. Now I’ll admit I know nothing and never did really.

21. Likes GVGjr liked this post