Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  41
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Things for media & industry haters to discredit a possible Bulldogs Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Dicks? Are we talking multiple players or one very special one?
    Maybe he meant these guys?

Pretty perfect track given who we’re playing next tbh.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Things for media & industry haters to discredit a possible Bulldogs Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The taunting of Mitch Hannan about "going back to Casey" was distasteful at best and disrespectful at worst. It essentially signaled to Melbourne seconds players that their firsts thought less of them.

I've heard a few bits and pieces around how they're particularly full of themselves, and in my view it really shows on the field.
    Tom Boyd said he couldn't stand them in the recent Danny/Boyd podcast (good recommendation BTW YHF).
    Said he couldn't understand how they could be so mouthy and arrogant without having won any games at that point (2016 or so). Not good at sledging just annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Tom Boyd said he couldn't stand them in the recent Danny/Boyd podcast (good recommendation BTW YHF).
    Said he couldn't understand how they could be so mouthy and arrogant without having won any games at that point (2016 or so). Not good at sledging just annoying.
    Oliver was pointing to the scoreboard on the weekend and a bunch of them laughed in Selwood’s face after he gave away 50 (Selwood is a dick but respect your elders you flogs). Would love to see the tears and dribble and snot coagulated on Max Gawn’s ugly beard after the siren blows and we win.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Smith said the boys have a strong rivalry with them. That we think we’re the underdogs to them and will take it up to them.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bailey Smith said the boys have a strong rivalry with them. That we think we’re the underdogs to them and will take it up to them.
    Plenty for Bevo to work with over the next few weeks.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I said what now??
    Mate, the burden of proof is on you to prove you didn't say it!

I am thinking BID54 meant to type someone else and not YHF?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I have opposite view. Old enough to remember Barrasi and Whitten as rival Mr Footballs, Barrassi the personality in a dominamt Melbourme FC era. Mu dad played reserves with them. Barassi was alwas considered Melbourne first.
    Why does YHF call this Melb team most hated ever?
    I understand they are our rivals but conratulations to MFC for finally making it to GF for first time since '64 when we beat you as we will again.
    I said they were the most unlikable team EVER... and whilst that was probably a stretch... I stand by the claim that they're not a very likable bunch... the taunt of Hannan as Jeemak mentioned is just woefully disrespectful to a former colleague. For a team that has achieved 4 fifths' of Sweet FA... they're a very lippy bunch with a touch of faux tough guy thrown in for good measure. See Viney's cheap shot on Sam Collins throat. Bailey Frtisch has off the chart levels of punchability oozing from him as well.
    With the exception perhaps of Maxy they just don't seem likable and I would hate for us to be the team that allowed them to break their premiership drought.

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Plenty for Bevo to work with over the next few weeks.
    Yep. Nice of those arrogant flogs to give us even more incentive to smash them. Our guys seem not to like them at all.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Mate, the burden of proof is on you to prove you didn't say it!

I am thinking BID54 meant to type someone else and not YHF?
    No.. I just discovered I did say they were the most unlikable team ever.... things were getting pretty purple for me by 11pm!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I have opposite view. Old enough to remember Barrasi and Whitten as rival Mr Footballs, Barrassi the personality in a dominamt Melbourme FC era. Mu dad played reserves with them. Barassi was alwas considered Melbourne first.
    Why does YHF call this Melb team most hated ever?
    I understand they are our rivals but conratulations to MFC for finally making it to GF for first time since '64 when we beat you as we will again.
    This is all parts wrong.

'64 was the last time they won a flag.. they've made it twice in my lifetime (1988 & 2000) when they got smacked by superior teams, not sure what happened from '65 to '88, well in '87 they had the Jimmy Stynes incident in the PF.... and we beat them in '54.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be absolutely furious if there is a media narrative following us winning that the Dees only played twice in 4 weeks leading up to the game. This was always the case in the old final 5 system, which was widely understood to be the fairest system we've ever had and led to the top team winning often.

As for Melbourne, everything I've heard from people in the footy industry is that is is a very unlikable playing group.

15. Likes jeemak, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like GWS of a few years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I will be absolutely furious if there is a media narrative following us winning that the Dees only played twice in 4 weeks leading up to the game. This was always the case in the old final 5 system, which was widely understood to be the fairest system we've ever had and led to the top team winning often.

As for Melbourne, everything I've heard from people in the footy industry is that is is a very unlikable playing group.
    Of course that will be the narrative. You can see it a mile away.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

Let the salty tears flow! It's still fun dealing with ''The Dogs only won the 2016 flag cause of the umpires yadda yadda yadda...''

19. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Of course that will be the narrative. You can see it a mile away.
    Considering the conditions this would be the greatest flag ever for the dogs.
    Narrative wise we can't lose.

We lose - not a real gf uneven playing field massive asterisk.
    We win - greatest GF win ever.