Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Things for media & industry haters to discredit a possible Bulldogs Premiership?

They hated the preseason bye. They hung it on us since.

So my guess, is the bye coming up. We’ve played straight through and get a rest before the GF. Melbourne will have had two weeks off. Game. Off. Game. Off. Game.

So when we legitimately beat them by playing like we did tonight. They’ll say the extra week off disadvantaged Melbourne.

So what else will they come up with like last time in a failed attempt to take our shine off?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Things for media & industry haters to discredit a possible Bulldogs Premiership?

Neale Daniher will be weaponised. And for some reason Gary Lyon will be as well after they bring the Jimmy Stynes legacy into it.

Forget anything else, these are the things that will permeate the commentariat's output this coming fortnight.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Things for media & industry haters to discredit a possible Bulldogs Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They hated the preseason bye. They hung it on us since.

So my guess, is the bye coming up. We’ve played straight through and get a rest before the GF. Melbourne will have had two weeks off. Game. Off. Game. Off. Game.

So when we legitimately beat them by playing like we did tonight. They’ll say the extra week off disadvantaged Melbourne.

So what else will they come up with like last time in a failed attempt to take our shine off?

So, how unfair is it that poor Melbourne had to spend two weeks with unstructured time.....whilst the Dog's got to double down on the 'us vs them' mentality by hanging out in a bubble....so unfair.....

5. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So, how unfair is it that poor Melbourne had to spend two weeks with unstructured time.....whilst the Dog's got to double down on the 'us vs them' mentality by hanging out in a bubble....so unfair.....
    Yeah, but I heard they had ball in a cup to play and keep the busy.

7. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Neale Daniher will be weaponised. And for some reason Gary Lyon will be as well after they bring the Jimmy Stynes legacy into it.

Forget anything else, these are the things that will permeate the commentariat's output this coming fortnight.
    Surely Gary Lyon has burnt some bridges. Shacking up with one of your best mates Wife can’t go down well. Left a bitter taste in a lot of people’s mouth.

However, who cares. If the footy world hates us because we are winning. I don’t mind. Bring it.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is Barassi somehow a sentimental talisman, I’d like to know.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Why is Barassi somehow a sentimental talisman, I’d like to know.
    He left Melbourne in one of the greatest ever VFL/AFL betrayals. Don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Surely Gary Lyon has burnt some bridges. Shacking up with one of your best mates Wife can’t go down well. Left a bitter taste in a lot of people’s mouth.

However, who cares. If the footy world hates us because we are winning. I don’t mind. Bring it.
    Carey did that and then glassed his missus, still AFL royalty.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He left Melbourne in one of the greatest every VFL/AFL betrayals. Don't get it.
    Exactly. Also coached Carlton, North and Sydney.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Exactly. Also coached Carlton, North and Sydney.
    And he is a boring, insufferable fool. Sheedy is the only other person in that older, ex AFL personality group that I dislike more.

Post Thanks / Like

They cant whine about the free kick count tonight. Port 22. Dogs 16.

16. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    And he is a boring, insufferable fool. Sheedy is the only other person in that older, ex AFL personality group that I dislike more.
    Thought it was just me. Can always count on you SOS!
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

They cant whine about the free kick count tonight. Port 22. Dogs 16.
    Don't worry they'll find a way!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

How many media gigs does Gary have vs. Billy?

Wife beaters, adulterers, sex offenders, drunk drivers etc. etc. are pretty much the only people who get gigs these days.*

*That's not true, you also get a gig if you get your dick's out in front of school girls and have photos published to prove it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    How many media gigs does Gary have vs. Billy?

Wife beaters, adulterers, sex offenders, drunk drivers etc. etc. are pretty much the only people who get gigs these days.*

*That's not true, you also get a gig if you get your dicks out in front of school girls and have photos published to prove it.
    Sad state of affairs. How is Carey part of the prime time channel 7 Friday night team? Besides being a poor human. He offers nothing in terms of special comments. I just don't get it.