Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  41
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Things for media & industry haters to discredit a possible Bulldogs Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    How many media gigs does Gary have vs. Billy?

Wife beaters, adulterers, sex offenders, drunk drivers etc. etc. are pretty much the only people who get gigs these days.*

*That's not true, you also get a gig if you get your dicks out in front of school girls and have photos published to prove it.
    Dicks? Are we talking multiple players or one very special one?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Things for media & industry haters to discredit a possible Bulldogs Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Sad state of affairs. How is Carey part of the prime time channel 7 Friday night team? Besides being a poor human. He offers nothing in terms of special comments. I just don't get it.
    Because he's an adulterer and a sex offender. Who is good at footy. Considered the best at footy because the carry on about the horrible boner shins from the seventies kept on going through the nineties within the media elite.

Wayne Carey was a legend on the footy field, but he wasn't the best. He was a piece of shit off it, but that was ignored because of the above.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Dicks? Are we talking multiple players or one very special one?
    I put an apostrophe into my original post. Multiple players, both in the media now.

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite will be how the week off won us the 2016 and 2021 flag.

Cause, you know, in 2016 the other 7 finalist did not get a week off in 2016 and neither did Melbourne in 2021.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who cares me any my mates overdubbed the 2016 grand final. It's the only version I'll watch and I love it.

7. Likes azabob, jeemak, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

*That's not true, you also get a gig if you get your dick's out in front of school girls and have photos published to prove it.
    You what now?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Sheedy is the only other person in that older, ex AFL personality group that I dislike more.
    Sheedy is the only former coach of Essendon still alive to have coached a finals win.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Thanks Ozza thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Why is Barassi somehow a sentimental talisman, I’d like to know.
    I have opposite view. Old enough to remember Barrasi and Whitten as rival Mr Footballs, Barrassi the personality in a dominamt Melbourme FC era. Mu dad played reserves with them. Barassi was alwas considered Melbourne first.
    Why does YHF call this Melb team most hated ever?
    I understand they are our rivals but conratulations to MFC for finally making it to GF for first time since '64 when we beat you as we will again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    You what now?
    I think Jee is looking for a job commentating the footy. Either that or he wants to be a Freemason.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I have opposite view. Old enough to remember Barrasi and Whitten as rival Mr Footballs, Barrassi the personality in a dominamt Melbourme FC era. Mu dad played reserves with them. Barassi was alwas considered Melbourne first.
    I understand they are our rivals but conratulations to MFC for finally making it to GF for first time since '64 when we beat you as we will again.
    I'm half and half. I met Ron Barrassi once and he was lovely. He patiently answered the lifetime of questions I had stored away in my mind to ask Ron Barrassi if ever I ran into him but I also understand why anyone would hate the current Melbourne playing list. They are a pack of arrogant tools. They've achieved nothing but they strut around like they own the joint.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'm half and half. I met Ron Barrassi once and he was lovely. He patiently answered the lifetime of questions I had stored away in my mind to ask Ron Barrassi if ever I ran into him but I also understand why anyone would hate the current Melbourne playing list. They are a pack of arrogant tools. They've achieved nothing but they strut around like they own the joint.
    Pretty sure Barrass these days has dementia. Doesn't really know what s going on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I think Jee is looking for a job commentating the footy. Either that or he wants to be a Freemason.
    You what now?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    You what now?
    There were players at a particular club that had players involved with an underage girl. This resulted in pics of their doodles being put out there. These guys now have lucrative media careers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    The taunting of Mitch Hannan about "going back to Casey" was distasteful at best and disrespectful at worst. It essentially signaled to Melbourne seconds players that their firsts thought less of them.

I've heard a few bits and pieces around how they're particularly full of themselves, and in my view it really shows on the field.

18. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Free kicks if we win the count
    2. In game injury if they get one
    3. More continuity given the week off before the GF
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff