Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks / Like

2021 Brownlow Medal

Both teams will be out of quarantine for the count, so they can attend next Sunday. The two players being most talked about that I’ve seen are Bontempelli (AFLPA MVP) and Oliver (AFLCA MVP). Do we think that either player winning does anything for the enthusiasm of the respective groups? Or distraction of the winning player with all the media commitments?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Brownlow Medal

If Bont wins it’ll give us enthusiasm and distraction for the dees. If Oliver wins it’ll be a distraction for the dees and give us enthusiasm. Win-win. That’s what I think will happen.

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ollie Wines spoils the party, and Bont will console himself with a Norm.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think Ollie Wines spoils the party, and Bont will console himself with a Norm.
    Bont, and Oliver will have votes taken off them by Macrae and Petraca, whereas Wines has no one else (maybe some by Boak)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Does McGowan have a Queensland approach to letting the WAGs in the give the Perth function some pizazz?

I guess the question about who Bonts is bringing to the Brownlow is not really a question this year. Someone from our bubble obviously.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Does McGowan have a Queensland approach to letting the WAGs in the give the Perth function some pizazz?

I guess the question about who Bonts is bringing to the Brownlow is not really a question this year. Someone from our bubble obviously.
    Tmac.
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Tmac.
    He’d ruin the whole evening when he’s accidentally given the vegetarian option by catering.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He’d ruin the whole evening when he’s accidentally given the vegetarian option by catering.
    I think Tmac means our own Toby.

Would be weird if Bont took Tom McDonald to the Brownlow for many, many reasons.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Lol not that tmac you plonker.

Although I appreciate you keeping me in your thoughts.
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes bulldogtragic, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Heard some unsubstantiated rumours during the year that Kath Loughnan may have been on the cards....but probably nothing in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Heard some unsubstantiated rumours during the year that Kath Loughnan may have been on the cards....but probably nothing in it.
    Kath could be so lucky. She is in Perth too…

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Lucky Bont.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.