Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quarantine Before The Grand Final

They said last night Melbourne should be out imminently. But we need to do another 7 days. So out next Saturday. Does anyone know if Melbourne are getting out of Joondalup so we can have the larger space, since they have met their time served?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quarantine Before The Grand Final

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They said last night Melbourne should be out imminently. But we need to do another 7 days. So out next Saturday. Does anyone know if Melbourne are getting out of Joondalup so we can have the larger space, since they have met their time served?
    My friend is CEO of an accomodation group that includes the Trade Winds hotel (on the river in East Fremantle). She has told me the Cats have moved out and the Dogs are moving in.

It's pretty nice.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

3. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    My friend is CEO of an accomodation group that includes the Trade Winds hotel (on the river in East Fremantle). She has told me the Cats have moved out and the Dogs are moving in.

It's pretty nice.
    Geelong team evicted for our guys. Cherry on top of the last 24 hours. Thanks MJP.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

It's pretty nice.
    mjp we’re all eagerly awaiting your GF prediction.

Post Thanks / Like

Let’s just pray the virus a number of cat players (that apparently impacted their prelim form) & I’m guessing they likely acquired whilst in Freo, is long gone.

7. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Let’s just pray the virus a number of cat players (that apparently impacted their prelim form) & I’m guessing they likely acquired whilst in Freo, is long gone.
    Somehow I don’t think it would be as devastating on our group as it would on the Cats, who seem to look for the exits as soon as they enter any closed space.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to give excuses for cats but I recall a home & away match we played against them some years ago, Cooney was playing so you can roughly date it, and I recall it being reported that most if not all of our players were crook with a virus (might have been cold/flu) and we were belted by over 100 points from memory. If your crook it’s pretty hard to perform well in any walk of life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Not trying to give excuses for cats but I recall a home & away match we played against them some years ago, Cooney was playing so you can roughly date it, and I recall it being reported that most if not all of our players were crook with a virus (might have been cold/flu) and we were belted by over 100 points from memory. If your crook it’s pretty hard to perform well in any walk of life.
    I think Mantis might remember that one.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only were we flu riddled, but we were flu riddled the week before when we had to play Adelaide in 8 degrees and driving rain. And we won!

Now that you mention it those 2008-2010 teams were a lot like the current Cats. Really, really good but just not built for September.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

We will officially be out of quarantine next Sunday early arvo. So, in time for a handful of ours to go to a brownlow function.

We trained at Optus today.

13. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think Mantis might remember that one.
    What a night to be alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Not only were we flu riddled, but we were flu riddled the week before when we had to play Adelaide in 8 degrees and driving rain. And we won!

Now that you mention it those 2008-2010 teams were a lot like the current Cats. Really, really good but just not built for September.
    The 2009 team was pretty damned good.. for a variety of reasons we didn't win the PF, but we really should've. Not sure we beat Geelong the following week, but given we only got done by them by 14pts in the QF, and played below par I think we would've given it a real shake.

15. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    We will officially be out of quarantine next Sunday early arvo. So, in time for a handful of ours to go to a brownlow function.

We trained at Optus today.
    Allowing us to train. Thanks WA Health.