Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  21
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to watch the grand final with sketchy free to air tv

I just splashed out on a new TV and sound bar today, was able to get a very good deal via a friend. If thinking of doing the same be mindful of delivery timings, because they could be a bit cooked in certain areas.

The preference would be to splash out on travel to Perth etc. etc. but if I'm going to be home then so be it. I was due anyway, the TV I have has a black faded spot the size of a water polo ball about a third up and slightly to the left and that just won't do for a grand final.

I can send it up to Ballarat if you need Comrade.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I just splashed out on a new TV and sound bar today, was able to get a very good deal via a friend. If thinking of doing the same be mindful of delivery timings, because they could be a bit cooked in certain areas.

The preference would be to splash out on travel to Perth etc. etc. but if I'm going to be home then so be it. I was due anyway, the TV I have has a black faded spot the size of a water polo ball about a third up and slightly to the left and that just won't do for a grand final.

I can send it up to Ballarat if you need Comrade.
    I bought a projector and Apple TV last year and watch all the night games on the deck with that set up. I’ll be having a medium sized gathering with friends (sorry… not meaning to rub it in…) and am stoked it’s a night GF cause the projector is unwatchable in the daytime.

4. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if you can watch 7Plus GF on a web browser. I know you can watch other 7Plus shows on a browser
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I wonder if you can watch 7Plus GF on a web browser. I know you can watch other 7Plu shows on a browser
    You would be able to with a VPN?

WatchAFL via a VPN would work, will cost about $130.00 for the pleasure though....plus the cost of the VPN.

Post Thanks / Like

You would be able to with a VPN?

WatchAFL via a VPN would work, will cost about $130.00 for the pleasure though....plus the cost of the VPN.
    I have an Apple tv4k which I would highly recommend to you. The new version came out this year, but I will stick with the 2017 version. I do run Geoblocking if I want to watch some overseas apps like HBO, or USA Netflix etc.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I've decided the 7 Plus app on the PS4 isn't good looking enough so I'm buying a 10 meter tv antenna cable instead.

Best of all is I can continue to use it to watch all those quality channel 7 shows that we all love...

9. Likes EasternWest, jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have an Apple tv4k which I would highly recommend to you. The new version came out this year, but I will stick with the 2017 version. I do run Geoblocking if I want to watch some overseas apps like HBO, or USA Netflix etc.
    I went with this:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/s...google-tv-2021

I'm more of a music guy....which you may have picked up on so buying TVs isn't really my thing (I do have a Sony Bravia 62 inch that's about nine years old and has a dark spot on it, but I picked that up on the cheap about seven years ago). I'm just sad at the realisation my LSR JBL monitors and 12 inch sub that I would love to get cranking isn't viable for the small space in which I'm residing for the foreseeable future.

For the sound bar I went with:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/j...round-speakers

The heart belongs to JBL........this stuff will last me for ten years hopefully as it's a shit tonne to fork out even though I got a good deal via a mate.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went with this:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/s...google-tv-2021

I'm more of a music guy....which you may have picked up on so buying TVs isn't really my thing (I do have a Sony Bravia 62 inch that's about nine years old and has a dark spot on it, but I picked that up on the cheap about seven years ago). I'm just sad at the realisation my LSR JBL monitors and 12 inch sub that I would love to get cranking isn't viable for the small space in which I'm residing for the foreseeable future.

For the sound bar I went with:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/j...round-speakers

The heart belongs to JBL........this stuff will last me for ten years hopefully as it's a shit tonne to fork out even though I got a good deal via a mate.
    I have the same TV and it’s super impressive. It will more than do the job. Android interface is great and the full array dimming makes a big difference to the black levels when compared to standard LED. Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I do.

13. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I have the same TV and it’s super impressive. It will more than do the job. Android interface is great and the full array dimming makes a big difference to the black levels when compared to standard LED. Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I do.
    Yeah my gear head mates really rate it as an outstanding piece. Thanks dude, hopefully you're right!

Post Thanks / Like

The Nvidia Shield box I find is excellent, with a ton of apps and add ons to utilise beyond the GF. Of course the 7 App is available with the Shield to watch the GF as a back up if my antenna is taken out by a wayward albatross.

16. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    The Nvidia Shield box I find is excellent, with a ton of apps and add ons to utilise beyond the GF. Of course the 7 App is available with the Shield to watch the GF as a back up if my antenna is taken out by a wayward albatross.
    Scallywag......!

We need more of Doc26.

Post Thanks / Like

Telstra tv comes free to all Big Pond/telstra subscribers....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Telstra tv comes free to all Big Pond/telstra subscribers....

I have a standing policy to avoid all Telstra products to the best of my ability.

20. Likes EasternWest, bornadog liked this post