Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  171
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Melbourne Narrative

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The Max Gawn fap-a-thon continuing on AFL360 tonight
    If he has a quiet game in a loss, not sure how these experts turn up next year and expect anyone to take them seriously.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gawn’s a superstar but he’s still only the (at best) second best player out there.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If he has a quiet game in a loss, not sure how these experts turn up next year and expect anyone to take them seriously.
    Simples. It'll be Max's fault that he let everyone down. The headlines will all be "Perth Boat Loses Race"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Gees, I wish I had kept my boycott of footy shows in place. I stupidly relented and sat the AFL 360...
    What an idiot I am. I'm going to be a nervous wreck these next 2 days.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m close to sitting it out until the first bounce.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Gees, I wish I had kept my boycott of footy shows in place. I stupidly relented and sat the AFL 360...
    What an idiot I am. I'm going to be a nervous wreck these next 2 days.
    I recorded it again and just pushed through most of it. I didn't mind the David King and Montagna segment to see what they come up with. The rest was rubbish.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The pile in on Melbourne is unbelievable. It is seriously like we don't exist.

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Gawn’s a superstar but he’s still only the (at best) second best player out there.
    I understand the narrative due to his preliminary final, but we've got a team full of psycho awesome players who have been ignored for an entire fortnight after committing hate crimes against a preliminary final opponent - at their bogan Aussie rock fortress of all places (it would be two Aussie bogan rock fortresses if Brisbane had enough character to have a character and maybe even a song to go with it).

If anything the narrative should be about whether the coffee loving try hard is up for doing it two games in a row against a team that is the equivalent of any worst enemy you could take on in battle.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

You know what would be a cool story? A team that had been one of the best all year, who suffered untimely injuries, with plenty of resurrection and new found star backstories in its playing ranks, who had won 3 incredibly tough finals away and ultimately made it a 4th in securing a second premiership in 5 years similar to the list changes of the three-peat Hawks in 2013 and look like competing at the pointy end for an extended period of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Those two bellends that snuck into WA have been jailed. No messing around
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Likes Twodogs, The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Those two bellends that snuck into WA have been jailed. No messing around
    The HUN tried to come to their rescue and suggest it was their passion that drove them to make a bad call. I suggested it might have been their entitlement and privilege that did it........

It will be interesting to see if they're able to be employed in the future, or whether it's just poor people and people of colour who go to jail who can't be.

16. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The HUN tried to come to their rescue and suggest it was their passion that drove them to make a bad call. I suggested it might have been their entitlement and privilege that did it........

It will be interesting to see if they're able to be employed in the future, or whether it's just poor people and people of colour who go to jail who can't be.
    The Herald Sun siding with toffs and Tories? I just don't believe it.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I think that if you serve a prison sentence then you can lose your liquor licence.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what your upbringing has to do with much when you're committing fraud at the age of 39. I mean imagine being 39 and having to rely on how you were brought up as a child to determine whether you were of sound character (it does go the other way, however):

https://www.smh.com.au/national/melb...13-p58zm8.html

Mr Rafferty said Xavier College graduate Babbage had an “excellent” upbringing and had completed an aeronautical engineering degree at RMIT, noting a conviction – especially for fraud – would have a significant impact on his current career as a financial planner.

I wonder if this means they get done in the NT when released from WA's system:

The pair have also been summonsed to appear in a NT court over several charges including contravention of an emergency declaration, giving false or misleading information, uttering a forged document, and criminal deception to obtain a benefit.

NT Police say while the pair flew into the NT from a Melbourne airport via regional Victoria before it was declared a hotspot, they did not isolate until a negative COVID-19 test was returned, as directed.

It is also alleged Burbank and Babbage falsified documents to obtain NT driver’s licences and open bank accounts in the Top End.

Post Thanks / Like

No excuse.

My mum is currently in isolation in hospital because of an anti vaxxer walking in to the ED.

She's nearly losing her mind it's that bad.

Throw the book at these arse hats.