Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  171
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Melbourne Narrative

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    No excuse.

My mum is currently in isolation in hospital because of an anti vaxxer walking in to the ED.

She's nearly losing her mind it's that bad.

Throw the book at these arse hats.
    I hope she is ok Granty.

I can't stand these moronic anti-vaxxers - they are just a bunch of selfish pricks who don't care about others.

Those blokes got 3 months jail.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I hope she is ok Granty.

I can't stand these moronic anti-vaxxers - they are just a bunch of selfish pricks who don't care about others.

Thanks BAD. She went in via Ambulance with a bad infection, (couldn't stand she was boiling hot has parkinson's) the system is so smashed she ended up having to go into the waiting room to relieve the Ambos and a walk in caused the entire ED to be a tier 1.

Shes 84, in a room on her own door locked one nurse no books or anything.

Thankfully shes coming home tomorrow.

I forced her to get the AZ vax, thank God I did others in the same ED waiting room have tested postive. So far she's negative.

4. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Those two bellends that snuck into WA have been jailed. No messing around
    Three months is the reduced sentence. The two positives … they’ll spend Christmas in jail and, once released, they’ll face court in NT.

I think he’ll lose his liquor licence as well. Hope it was worth it
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Three months is the reduced sentence. The two positives … they’ll spend Christmas in jail and, once released, they’ll face court in NT.

I think he’ll lose his liquor licence as well. Hope it was worth it
    Yeah, they were partially suspended ten month sentences. That's a decent stretch.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I hope she is ok Granty.

Hey BAD, I love you but ignorance and trepidation, or fear don't have much to do with selfishness. Selfishness can be a symptom of these things but such a hard line isn't helpful.

When you consider that these people have been isolated from others, with only their computers, tablets or phones and tapping into media for the best part of two years, you'd have to expect an outcome that isn't directly related to whether they have empathy for others or not.

Take away their ability to put food on the table, for themselves or their family, support loved ones in need, or just live a life that may (or may not) have been pretty shitty in the first place but is completely *!*!*!*!ing shitty now they're isolated and again imagine how that plays with the way they think.

Then think about what gives them refuge, when the government that gave tens of billions to corporates that didn't need it in job keeper last lockdown on top of what citizens were given, but won't this time around for the latter because they apparently can't afford it, and ask yourself why would they actually trust the government when the government tells them they need to be vaccinated to make sure everyone is safe, after not being taken care of.

Now's the time for empathy and not derision. Just like the Karen stereotype the anti-vaxxer stereotype is simple and problematic, people of intelligence like yourself need to not perpetuate it.

GG - the above doesn't relate to the single example you have mentioned, and you know me, and know that I hope your mother is OK and gets out soon.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes soupman, Grantysghost, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean these blokes are dickheads and the fraud stuff in the NT is serious, but 3 months jail for crossing a state border? Wow. Are we really OK with with this? Violent crimes can receive a lighter punishment. I find the state centric focus at present is disheartening for the country as a whole.

10. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I mean these blokes are dickheads and the fraud stuff in the NT is serious, but 3 months jail for crossing a state border? Wow. Are we really OK with with this? Violent crimes can receive a lighter punishment. I find the state centric focus at present is disheartening for the country as a whole.
    When people can't cross borders to see dying relatives yet these guys think they are above the law for a football game.

Do the crime, do the time. We all know the rules.
    The curse is dead.

12. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    When people can't cross borders to see dying relatives yet these guys think they are above the law for a football game.

Do the crime, do the time. We all know the rules.
    Well none of that goes to my point. These blokes are entitled twats but that doesn't change the fact that the punishment is extreme and some of the border rules are often insane.

14. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Not sure what your upbringing has to do with much when you're committing fraud at the age of 39. I mean imagine being 39 and having to rely on how you were brought up as a child to determine whether you were of sound character (it does go the other way, however):

https://www.smh.com.au/national/melb...13-p58zm8.html

Mr Rafferty said Xavier College graduate Babbage had an “excellent” upbringing and had completed an aeronautical engineering degree at RMIT, noting a conviction – especially for fraud – would have a significant impact on his current career as a financial planner.

I wonder if this means they get done in the NT when released from WA's system:

The pair have also been summonsed to appear in a NT court over several charges including contravention of an emergency declaration, giving false or misleading information, uttering a forged document, and criminal deception to obtain a benefit.

NT Police say while the pair flew into the NT from a Melbourne airport via regional Victoria before it was declared a hotspot, they did not isolate until a negative COVID-19 test was returned, as directed.

It is also alleged Burbank and Babbage falsified documents to obtain NT driver’s licences and open bank accounts in the Top End.
    Surely having this sort of upbringing and the advantage of this education is that you should be able to make a more educated and informed decision. Or maybe if you're an entitled arse, these things won't change that.

Post Thanks / Like

Well none of that goes to my point. These blokes are entitled twats but that doesn't change the fact that the punishment is extreme and some of the border rules are often insane.
    It's extreme but it's not like they didn't know that already.

I think education is the key, make these guys spend a few hours talking with a covid team who have been on the front line.

Post Thanks / Like

And if they cause a covid outbreak that shut down the state?

The rules are the rules, they knew what would happen if they got caught.

Some dude in Melbourne got 4 months jail for escaping hotel quarantine, do the crime do the time.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

The punishment isn't for crossing the border, the punishment is for fraud. If you ask me, they got off lightly. And don't start picking on Comrade McGowan ; whilst the laws might be extreme, we have been in three weeks and one week lockdown (four weeks in total) since this pandemic hit Australia.
    WOOF Member 422

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    The punishment isn't for crossing the border, the punishment is for fraud. If you ask me, they got off lightly. And don't start picking on Comrade McGowan ; whilst the laws might be extreme, we have been in three weeks and one week lockdown (four weeks in total) since this pandemic hit Australia.
    Isn't the fraud in NT and still to be dealt with?

By the way I've got no interest in getting involved in any Covid debates. I just find it strange everyone thinks this is a reasonable outcome, for moving around within our country. I get the point of border restrictions but wow, these are crazy times. If these were 2 working class Bulldogs supporters instead of entitled MCC toffs would everyone have the same view?

21. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way I've got no interest in getting involved in any Covid debates. I just find it strange everyone thinks this is a reasonable outcome, for moving around within our country. I get the point of border restrictions but wow, these are crazy times. If these were 2 working class Bulldogs supporters instead of entitled MCC toffs would everyone have the same view?
    YES for sure
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's doubtful. As an example we are very strong on how racism should be dealt with but we don't really hold the club accountable when Jong apparently was on the wrong side of it. All of a sudden it's a more complex issue.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

24. Likes Sedat liked this post