Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Grand Final - Practical Questions

1. Yeah, why not?
    2.If I was SSEW I couldn't think of a better time to go. Duryea stays because he's still a quiet gun.
    3. Nobody but he'll dedicate it to Josh Bruce.
    4. The waiting is starting to get to you .
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    1. Yeah, why not?
    2.If I was SSEW I couldn't think of a better time to go. Duryea stays because he's still a quiet gun.
    3. Nobody but he'll dedicate it to Josh Bruce.
    4. The waiting is starting to get to you .
    Yep. Was cruising yesterday and my subconscious is thinking Thursday arvo after a PF. That means teams in 4 hours...

See the things I/we do for the team so they can get a week off and hit Melbourne between the eyes.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Twodogs or older woofers, in 1954 was the tradition of a club representative handing over the cup in place?

I ask as the club that I know is just Gentleman John & Turtle. It’s a rare club to be in.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Will we name our sub Thursday? And not just before?

I’m assuming so as the parade and formal stuff would probably be clearer if the sub is done Thursday?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Will we name our sub Thursday? And not just before?

I’m assuming so as the parade and formal stuff would probably be clearer if the sub is done Thursday?
    There isn't a parade this year. I imagine they'll just name the 22 + emergencies on Thursday, and lock in the sub an hour prior like usual.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, the 2019 Premiership prize money was $1.2M but got slashed last year. I’m assuming it’s still slashed. But even if it’s $600,000+. That and merchandise sales would put millions into the club while the other clubs struggle. Like last try time the win is amazing, but the cash set us up to grow and expand as a club and facilities. I assume the players still get something direct from the afel. That’d be nice to point out to some big contracts next year too. The cash could amazing for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, the 2019 Premiership prize money was $1.2M but got slashed last year. I’m assuming it’s still slashed. But even if it’s $600,000+. That and merchandise sales would put millions into the club while the other clubs struggle. Like last try time the win is amazing, but the cash set us up to grow and expand as a club and facilities. I assume the players still get something direct from the afel. That’d be nice to point out to some big contracts next year too. The cash could amazing for us.
    Not to mention that theoretically the reigning premier should get a much better broadcast schedule (more free to air/more Friday nights/less Sunday etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I called it! Chris Grant to present the cup. Garry Lying to do it should Melbourne somehow win.
    Funny!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Twodogs or older woofers, in 1954 was the tradition of a club representative handing over the cup in place?

I ask as the club that I know is just Gentleman John & Turtle. It’s a rare club to be in.
    Don't know BT although I read that thousands of supporters descended onto the ground and carried the victorious Footscray players into the rooms.

Post Thanks / Like

30*C in Perth on Wednesday and 21* Friday. Fine.
    When do we train on an oval please?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Don't know BT although I read that thousands of supporters descended onto the ground and carried the victorious Footscray players into the rooms.
    Doesn’t sound very COVID Safe to me. Please tell me the crowd had PPE and everyone was quarantined for 14 days after.