Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kane Cornes fires back at Luke Beveridge’s attack on Adam Treloar critics

I've got no issue with any of the "reporters", they're just part of the entertainment industry stoking the fires for the almighty advertising dollar.
    Bevo is a mastermind as Barrett said. He's creating a war.

If you're not with us, you're against us.

And he's going hard.

The how could you sleep next to a person like that part was as bad as anything written let's be honest...but it's working!

So whatever Sir Bevo does is ok with me.

Edit : Just an addendum I've no doubt those sentiments are his real emotion too and he would be very protective of Treloar who's had a rough time with injury.
    But he's amped then up to 11.

2. Likes Bulldog4life, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Do you disagree with Cornes analysis of Treloars game V Brisbane? From what I saw on the coverage Treloar had a poor game and his body language was not great.

I think you have missed the real target of Beveridge's comments.
    Was his body language terrible? Yes. Did he have a bad game? Yes.

Is it fair to suggest that he was having a sook about being played out of position? Absolutely not. It was completely baseless and a grab for attention. Nothing more.

In any other season, Adam gets to visit his partner and child in Tasmania and again in Brisbane. There's no doubt in my mind that would have impacted him mentally.

Post Thanks / Like

The us v the world thing has worked well, and I 100% reckon Bevo has handled it perfectly...

But for next 2 weeks, I don't want to hear another thing about the 'comical' restrictions or the nasty meanies in the media...

He's got to reframe the narrative now both to the group and externally that this is about ensuring we leave nothing on the table, that everyone gives themselves the best opportunity to make the next game their best game ever.

We 100% should not fear Melbourne... IF we're all focused and hungry to repeat the efforts of Saturday night just gone.

5. Likes Grantysghost, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If a player doesn't perform on the stage they should be challenged.

I don't believe Cornes comments drove the general public social media fiasco.

Scott Gullan wrote a gutter piece of journalism which was specifically on the Collingwood trade scenario.
    Sorry don't agree.

Yes players can be challenged for their performance, but why just pick on Treloar? I will tell you why, because he is easy pickings, has come from Collingwood to us so headlines and clickbait becuase he is a shit stirrer and likes to generate negative discussion.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    The us v the world thing has worked well, and I 100% reckon Bevo has handled it perfectly...

But for next 2 weeks, I don't want to hear another thing about the 'comical' restrictions or the nasty meanies in the media...

He's got to reframe the narrative now both to the group and externally that this is about ensuring we leave nothing on the table, that everyone gives themselves the best opportunity to make the next game their best game ever.

We 100% should not fear Melbourne... IF we're all focused and hungry to repeat the efforts of Saturday night just gone.
    I reckon from here we don't need to fabricate any motivation. As we saw in the previous game their animosity towards the Demons will be ammunition enough.

8. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Was his body language terrible? Yes. Did he have a bad game? Yes.

Is it fair to suggest that he was having a sook about being played out of position? Absolutely not. It was completely baseless and a grab for attention. Nothing more.

In any other season, Adam gets to visit his partner and child in Tasmania and again in Brisbane. There's no doubt in my mind that would have impacted him mentally.
    Cornes didn't mention Trealors relationship at all - so I don't think that point is relevant to you disagreeing with what I am saying.

I agree with you on the sooking about being played out of position. But it would actually disappointment me if Treloar wasn't pissed off at not getting midfield minutes.

Have you read the article Jeemak has posted? That is what would have tipped Beveridge over the edge moreso than Cornes.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Adam is a positive and upbeat guy, the furthest thing from a sook you can get.

If his body language is poor (which it was) then he's the kind of guy we need to get around and get back up (which we no doubt did) because it's more complex than him being a sook (which I repeat he isn't).

He's a pro and the way he responded in the prelim is evidence of that. He's a ripper and we're lucky to have him.
    "It's over. It's all over."

12. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh to me it is clear that we had a guy with mental health issues, who did not have them under control on that day. It was unreasonable and unnecessary for him to be targeted by media with words like "sooking" "spitting the dummy" etc.

This sort of coverage, after one poor game, is the reason we lose young men like Tom Boyd from the game.

Post Thanks / Like

If a player doesn't perform on the stage they should be challenged.

I don't believe Cornes comments drove the general public social media fiasco.

Scott Gullan wrote a gutter piece of journalism which was specifically on the Collingwood trade scenario.
    Cornes called Treloar out for a below average performance. We would all be worse off if the media didn't write both the positive and negative performances of players.

He's just a journo that we all have the option of ignoring if he doesn't write and say what we are happy with.
    I don't mind listening to him but it doesn't mean I agree with some aspects of his opinions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Cornes called Treloar out for a below average performance. We would all be worse off if the media didn't write both the positive and negative performances of players.

He's just a journo that we all have the option of ignoring if he doesn't write and say what we are happy with.
    I don't mind listening to him but it doesn't mean I agree with some aspects of his opinions.
    I think they have a duty to be mindful of players who have had public mental health issues, and mindful of how their words will be used by their organisations to target particular players for clicks and views.

He's not a journalist. He's a shock jock sharing his opinions in a pure shameless ploy for clicks, and every time we click or comment on one of his articles we keep him employed. Same with reading Damo's bloody Sliding Doors column, or buying the Herald Sun. DON'T DO IT PEOPLE!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Cornes went a little further than that using emotive terms Like "He looks like he’s spat the dummy" and "How engaged is he in this game of footy?". If he was an actual journo he would have contacted the club and included it's view too. Cornes is just a commentator taking potshots and having been involved long term with a footy club he should know better.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Courage under fire: Treloar on how he defied critics in prelim romp

WESTERN Bulldogs midfielder Adam Treloar says the external criticism he copped last week served as motivation during Saturday night's preliminary final win over Port Adelaide.

Treloar copped a public battering for his 10-disposal effort in the Bulldogs' one-point semi-final win over Brisbane at the Gabba earlier this month.

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes went as far as saying Treloar had "spat the dummy" at having his midfield time reduced in the latter part of the season.

Cornes pointed out several moments in the game against Brisbane when Treloar's efforts were substandard.

Treloar responded strongly in the 71-point win over the Power, tallying 23 disposals, five clearances, nine tackles, and one goal to silence the doubters.

The 28-year-old said he used the "challenging" week leading up to the preliminary final as motivation.

"Yeah, you always hold that with you. You'd be lying to say that as an athlete you wouldn't be extra motivated," Treloar told westernbulldogs.com.au.

"It was a really challenging week for me personally.

"But the one thing I do love about the footy club is the backing you get not just from the coaches, but also the players and supporters, and the love and care I got from so many people in my circle.

"Those people know who they are. I'm truly grateful for that. It really put me in a good head space going into the game."

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    This is it, or a version of and it's a hit piece pure and simple (FYI, The Australian no longer has a pay wall):

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...b6cde88fbfbe20

There is nothing worse than being that person on the receiving end of a “I told you so”.

Adam Treloar would have been feeling all sorts of different emotions on Saturday night after the Western Bulldogs extraordinary one-point semi-final victory over Brisbane.

On the surface he would have done his best to celebrate with his teammates but deep down he’d have known he’d just played one of the worst games of his career.

The race to the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final Series is on and every match matters. Watch Live & Ad-Break Free on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-days free >

AFL 1st Elimination Final - Western Bulldogs v Essendon
    And even more frustrating for him, he just provided ammunition to many at his former club who have been secretly hoping the controversial move to the Dogs didn’t become a stunning success.

Collingwood told Treloar when they forced him out the door because of a salary cap squeeze that they questioned whether mentally he could handle being separated from his partner and baby daughter for the 2021 season.

It was messy from the Pies and they rightly got cooked for it, but the gun midfielder’s sometimes fragile mental state was put on the table as a factor for his exit.

Treloar’s fiance Kim Ravaillion and 18-month old daughter Georgie have been in Queensland this year as she resurrected her netball career.

The couple were determined to make the long-distance relationship work but a serious early-season ankle injury combined with Covid-19 border restrictions have made it harder than even Treloar could have imagined.

On Saturday night he looked distracted, disinterested, confused, sad and helpless in the biggest game he’d played for his new club.

There was a suggestion he might have even been sooking because of a lack of centre square action.

Whatever the reasons, it was hard to watch.

His 10 possessions was the lowest total for Treloar since the eighth game of his career in Round 12, 2012, where he only touched the ball six times against Richmond.

Ironically on the same night in Brisbane, Ravaillion was across the other side of town collecting the MVP award for the Queensland Firebirds.

AFL 1st Semi Final - Brisbane v Western Bulldogs
    Her return to netball had been a stunning success and she admitted it had been tougher on Treloar.

“Obviously for Adam it’s a lot harder for him being away from his daughter and it’s just an emotional rollercoaster for him,” Ravaillion told RSN.

“I guess he’s lucky he has the distraction of footy but even in football you can have a good game or a bad game and that affects you. So he has got to deal with life and footy at the same time.”

The optimistic view for the Bulldogs is it’s a one-off and the previous week in the elimination final against Essendon the prized recruit had 28 possessions and stood up when it mattered in the second half.

While it’s not a matter of proving anyone wrong or sending an up yours to the Magpies, there is a lot riding on what happens against Port Adelaide.

With the prospect of captain Marcus Bontempelli’s knee injury forcing him to spend less time in the midfield, the stage will be presented to Treloar to make his mark.

And whether he likes it or not, whether it’s fair or not, how he plays on Saturday night will become the narrative for the whole messy trade saga.
    I am genuinely surprised posters are more pissed off with what Cornes said and not what Scott Gullan wrote.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I am genuinely surprised posters are more pissed off with what Cornes said and not what Scott Gullan wrote.
    Don't read The Australian -

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not. Cornes is a troll but at least he earned his stripes. Gullen is a parasite and should be ashamed of himself.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -