Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kane Cornes fires back at Luke Beveridge’s attack on Adam Treloar critics

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I am genuinely surprised posters are more pissed off with what Cornes said and not what Scott Gullan wrote.
    It boggles the mind.

Aussie rules is filled with a lot of simple critiques, like the ones Cornes delivered. He's sooking, cracked it because he hasn't had enough midfield time, given up for whatever reason - it's all common throw away stuff that people either make in the game day thread when extremely frustrated (like I have), or if working for the likes of Ch9. What I found most interesting is how egotistical Cornes is immediately thinking about how the Bevo comments were directed at him, and how the morons at Ch9 bought into that as well!

What Gullan has written is as I said, a pure hit piece. It's ultra personal and clearly inspired by a pro-Collingwood agenda to the extent his journalistic integrity would clearly be called into disrepute. Bevo wouldn't even consider Cornes to be a journalist.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't read The Australian -
    I don't read the Australian for the same reason I don't drink the water from the toilet bowl. They are both full of shit.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't read The Australian -
    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't read the Australian for the same reason I don't drink the water from the toilet bowl. They are both full of shit.
    I don't read it either, but it was also in the HS (which I also don't read) and a lot of people read that for its football content. The article has been posted and it's really shithouse, but people are preoccupied with what Cornes has said for some reason.........outside of him clearly doing his job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't read it either, but it was also in the HS (which I also don't read) and a lot of people read that for its football content. The article has been posted and it's really shithouse, but people are preoccupied with what Cornes has said for some reason.........outside of him clearly doing his job.
    My mum gets the Herald Sun so I read the sports pages and do the puzzles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    My mum gets the Herald Sun so I read the sports pages and do the puzzles.
    I reckon you'd be great at colouring in.

Post Thanks / Like

Cornes uses several media outlets like SEN, Sunday Footy show, and then Foxfooty reports on it, so it is in your face
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cornes uses several media outlets like SEN, Sunday Footy show, and then Foxfooty reports on it, so it is in your face
    I agree. Gullan's piece is worse but if I use my social media (which doesn't follow 7, 9, the footy show, SEN, footy classified or Kane Cornes) as a guide, then the thing that Treloar would have seen 800 times is Cornes' comments and he wouldn't even know that Scott Gullan exists.

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I agree. Gullan's piece is worse but if I use my social media (which doesn't follow 7, 9, the footy show, SEN, footy classified or Kane Cornes) as a guide, then the thing that Treloar would have seen 800 times is Cornes' comments and he wouldn't even know that Scott Gullan exists.
    Disagree, he'd have had people telling him about the Gullan article, posting it to him, the lot because of how personal it was. It would have been in the papers that the team reads around breakfast at the hotels because News Corp literally give copies away.

But let's not fight about it, that's what Scott Gullan and the evil empire wants.

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Cornes also doctored the footage by not showing certain bits of play
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cornes also doctored the footage by not showing certain bits of play
    He made Adam Treloar look as if he was disinterested by running past the football and not going back for seconds?

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He made Adam Treloar look as if he was disinterested by running past the football and not going back for seconds?
    He actually does though! I went back and checked the clip, after Ads throws his head back (admittedly a bad look), he chases Robertson and pressures him into turning the kick over, which almost directly results in that Bontempelli goal overturned on review.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

The players know the deal. Have a great day - it generates mentions in articles. Have a bad one? It generates articles, headlines and clicks.

Bevo is smart in that he leaps to their defence publicly - the players close ranks and grow closer...It doesn't matter what reporter says what really - the outcomes they are chasing is the same (cross media reporting and links) and invitations to do paid gigs on radio/tv spots to talk about it.

Did Adam Treloar really care? I doubt it. But he would have liked that his coach lept to his defence.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon you'd be great at colouring in.
    If drawing mustaccas and unfeasibly large testicles on the pictures count as 'colouring in' then I'm fantastic at it.

19. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Did Adam Treloar really care? I doubt it. But he would have liked that his coach lept to his defence.
    Thats the bit that was the best thing about it. Bevo is great at supporting our team.

Treloar was almost trying too hard against Brisbane, and let his disappointment show when he didnt quite get to the right spot or it didnt bounce for him a couple of times. He did however stick two big tackles in the final term against the Lions and to me that suggested his attitude and willingness to do what was needed couldn't really be questioned.