Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  46
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne 2021 analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    https://player.whooshkaa.com/whateley?episode=904788

Amazing analysis of both our meetings with the Dees this year from David King, Craig Jennings and Gerard Whateley. Absolutely worth a listen to. Didn’t realise that Melbourne won the contested possessions count both times against us. You would think Dunks back (Especially if he tags) and Treloar will change that somewhat.

Why is this font Grandma size?

2. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Why is this font Grandma size?
    I for one welcome our new grandma size font.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrote it on notes when I apparently had it in a smaller font �� Edited the post, so hopefully it’s in a bigger font now

Post Thanks / Like

Footage tonight on 360 was great analysis and a great visual of what we did. Hannan kept going to May, constantly fighting to change the match up, and in the end Lever just went to Naughton as per our plan no doubt. Lever got 15 interceptions and had goals kicked on him. But May was absolutely ineffectual and Hannan kicked a couple of goals himself. It wasn’t a tag, but forced a change in match ups while kicking goals and upsetting their structure.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Footage tonight on 360 was great analysis and a great visual of what we did. Hannan kept going to May, constantly fighting to change the match up, and in the end Lever just went to Naughton as per our plan no doubt. Lever got 15 interceptions and had goals kicked on him. But May was absolutely ineffectual and Hannan kicked a couple of goals himself. It wasn’t a tag, but forced a change in match ups while kicking goals and upsetting their structure.
    They spoke about the contested differential in our 2 previous games v Melbourne, yet no mention that Martin, Treloar and Dunkley missed both games.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hannan was excellent against the Dees last time. Easily his best game other than the prelim.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    They spoke about the contested differential in our 2 previous games v Melbourne, yet no mention that Martin, Treloar and Dunkley missed both games.
    Yep... And when Richards got concussed (Keath already out) our rotations so their mids were rested for longer for the last half.

The more I think Martin, Treloar, Dunkley, Keath, Gardiner, Schache & English kept forward and not down to 3 on the bench… the more I think there’s a genuine basis to feel confident about us improving while their 23 will be the same. I feel contented and nervous.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep... And when Richards got concussed (Keath already out) our rotations so their mids were rested for longer for the last half.

The more I think Martin, Treloar, Dunkley, Keath, Gardiner, Schache & English kept forward and not down to 3 on the bench… the more I think there’s a genuine basis to feel confident about us improving while their 23 will be the same. I feel contented and nervous.
    Will be interesting if we go with Hannan and Naughton as the match ups for May and Lever again. That means English gets Petty most like and Schache probably gets Hibberd? If we can bring it to ground, we can really do some damage either from general play or by generating stoppages and torching them again.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Riley Beveridge and Callum Twomey pick the ins and outs for the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final

WESTERN BULLDOGS

B: Easton Wood, Alex Keath, Bailey Williams
    HB: Caleb Daniel, Zaine Cordy, Bailey Dale
    C: Bailey Smith, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Hunter
    HF: Jason Johannisen, Aaron Naughton, Adam Treloar
    F: Josh Schache, Tim English, Mitch Hannan
    R: Stefan Martin, Jack Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli
    I/C: Cody Weightman, Tom Liberatore, Taylor Duryea, Roarke Smith
    Emerg: Laitham Vandermeer, Anthony Scott, Lewis Young, Ryan Gardner

In: Cody Weightman, Alex Keath
    Out: Laitham Vandermeer, Ryan Gardner

I don't think Gardner would be out of the side and he was picked ahead of Cordy earlier in the year.
    Also I think Vanders would be a match up for Salem would Roarke end up the Medi sub
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting if we go with Hannan and Naughton as the match ups for May and Lever again. That means English gets Petty most like and Schache probably gets Hibberd? If we can bring it to ground, we can really do some damage either from general play or by generating stoppages and torching them again.
    If Schache has Hibberd (14cm), and he’s still clunking Marks as he was in the PF. He could kick 5. Plus he’s got the endurance to run with Hibberd all day. I think they’d like Hannan on Hibberd. Unless they think Hibberd has too much speed for Schache and will help them launch counter attack. Safe bet both teams will want different match ups. If we can get our way for long enough, that’s going to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Riley Beveridge and Callum Twomey pick the ins and outs for the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final

WESTERN BULLDOGS

B: Easton Wood, Alex Keath, Bailey Williams
    HB: Caleb Daniel, Zaine Cordy, Bailey Dale
    C: Bailey Smith, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Hunter
    HF: Jason Johannisen, Aaron Naughton, Adam Treloar
    F: Josh Schache, Tim English, Mitch Hannan
    R: Stefan Martin, Jack Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli
    I/C: Cody Weightman, Tom Liberatore, Taylor Duryea, Roarke Smith
    Emerg: Laitham Vandermeer, Anthony Scott, Lewis Young, Ryan Gardner

In: Cody Weightman, Alex Keath
    Out: Laitham Vandermeer, Ryan Gardner

I don't think Gardner would be out of the side and he was picked ahead of Cordy earlier in the year.
    Also I think Vanders would be a match up for Salem would Roarke end up the Medi sub
    If Roarke is the sub who goes to Langdon or Brayshaw?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the contested poss are won by Oliver, so I am not too worried about the differential, however, we must win the clearances - both stoppage and centre, or at least break even in the centre.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Are either games all that relevant as we will have made probably 8 & 5 changes respectively from our earlier clashes?.... like we know how Melb will line-up and play because nothing has changed, but our line-up has changed immensely.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is dangerous. It’s giving me hope and dare I say it….a little confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    This thread is dangerous. It’s giving me hope and dare I say it….a little confidence.
    Well to counter that, Melbourne don't really have any players I would consider super flaky whereas Port have a bunch. I was kind of banking on guys like Amon, Motlop, Rozee, Fantasia etc to have stinkers under pressure as our path to victory and it worked out that way. I look at Melbourne's expected 22 and there really aren't any weak links. It's going to be a grind for 4 quarters and if we do emerge as winners, it'll be a small margin.

As fans, we'll be white knuckling all game I imagine.