Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  46
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne 2021 analysis

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Well to counter that, Melbourne don't really have any players I would consider super flaky whereas Port have a bunch. I was kind of banking on guys like Amon, Motlop, Rozee, Fantasia etc to have stinkers under pressure as our path to victory and it worked out that way. I look at Melbourne's expected 22 and there really aren't any weak links. It's going to be a grind for 4 quarters and if we do emerge as winners, it'll be a small margin.

As fans, we'll be white knuckling all game I imagine.
    They've got a number of flaky players.. it's all good & well to look amazing when you win by 14 goals, but their entire forward-line is just as likely to stink as opposed to look amazing. As per our PF we simply can't allow clean ball into Melb's forward-line, but given Keath pretty much didn't play on Brown in rd 19 and Gardner hasn't playing against them at all I'm confident we will have a strong aerial presence.

Post Thanks / Like

What I loved about the footage on 360 regarding the Lever/May matchups we forced was that Melbourne eventually gave in to us. Eventually, May and Lever said “This is getting too much. Fine, let them have their way.”

I’m not sure what Goodwin can actually do to stop this? If May and Lever are always focused on getting to who they want to get to, then then aren’t focused on intercepting. Schache/English/Weightman will take mark after mark on Hibberd/Petty. If they let us have our way and engineer Naughton on Lever, he can’t intercept anyway and will get dunked on. Schache could be given instruction to just lead May out of the contest and provide room for Naughton, etc

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    This thread is dangerous. It’s giving me hope and dare I say it….a little confidence.
    I'm very confident of a win. We've never lost to Melbourne in a GF and I can't see why that would change.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Where Schache plays is going to be quite interesting. Forward? Defence? Run-with role on Jackson?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm very confident of a win. We've never lost to Melbourne in a GF and I can't see why that would change.
    They are certainly due for a choke, they've got all the pressure really we've got a massive out if we lose.

If we win it's the greatest flag ever.
    If they win, they beat that team that copped a raw deal.

These guys have surprised me this year with their new found mettle; I'm waiting for the real Demons to appear.

8. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    They've got a number of flaky players.. it's all good & well to look amazing when you win by 14 goals, but their entire forward-line is just as likely to stink as opposed to look amazing. As per our PF we simply can't allow clean ball into Melb's forward-line, but given Keath pretty much didn't play on Brown in rd 19 and Gardner hasn't playing against them at all I'm confident we will have a strong aerial presence.
    The aerial presence issue is interesting - we might need Stef to play a bit more defensively as they'll have three talls down there (McD, Brown, Jackson) while we have only two KPDs.

That might play into our hands as we should be able to beat them for outside run / rebound
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    The aerial presence issue is interesting - we might need Stef to play a bit more defensively as they'll have three talls down there (McD, Brown, Jackson) while we have only two KPDs.

That might play into our hands as we should be able to beat them for outside run / rebound
    I'd roll the dice on Jackson as I don't think he has the hurt factor I50.

He averages less than 1 mark I50 per match and 0.5 goals per game so I'd be happy for Williams to play on him and try and be an offensive weapon for us.. if it isn't working we have other options.

11. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo is Batman. You give Batman 2 weeks planning and prep time, he will conquer any villain. Bevo with that timeframe will have something unique he is ready to unleash on an unsuspecting Dees outfit. They won’t know what hit them.

13. Likes bornadog, Testekill, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Bevo is Batman. You give Batman 2 weeks planning and prep time, he will conquer any villain. Bevo with that timeframe will have something unique he is ready to unleash on an unsuspecting Dees outfit. They won’t know what hit them.
    Yeah giving Bevo 2 weeks to work out how to untangle the demons is a bonus. Hope we don’t overthink it but I’m sure he’ll have something up his sleeve. We’ve also got an extra week to practice it.

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Dees are predictable. We know who is playing and how they play. They only have one game plan and we will rip it apart like we did in round 19.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it isn't on their terms they have a few backs who cough it up and also start finger pointing. Have been protected all year, watch the first qtr of the Brisbane final anytime the ball gets past the interceptors or hits the deck. Rivers basically handed Cameron a goal at one point.

19. Likes Testekill, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd roll the dice on Jackson as I don't think he has the hurt factor I50.

He averages less than 1 mark I50 per match and 0.5 goals per game so I'd be happy for Williams to play on him and try and be an offensive weapon for us.. if it isn't working we have other options.
    That is exactly what we will do I think, one of them will generally play high anyway. Strength in numbers when they do get deep because it will be a slow play.

21. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Far too much confidence in this thread for my liking. Boy this next 8 days is going to be difficult to get through

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Far too much confidence in this thread for my liking. Boy this next 8 days is going to be difficult to get through
    I'm not gonna make it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah giving Bevo 2 weeks to work out how to untangle the demons is a bonus. Hope we don’t overthink it but I’m sure he’ll have something up his sleeve. We’ve also got an extra week to practice it.
    He's finally managed to lockdown our training sessions like he always wanted
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff