Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  206
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's going to the big dance?

Secured my tics, who else is off to the dance?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's going to the big dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the snakeman View Post
    Secured my tics, who else is off to the dance?
    That's awesome Danny.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Cheer hard Danny!

4. Thanks Danny the snakeman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll be there, and thanks to the help of some great people on WOOF, so is my family.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with the fam-bam. Much like scraggers, thanks to some great woofers I was able to secure some extra seats for the in-laws and their extended mob who all cheer rwb.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately no and I gotta tell you it's bloody tough. Having your team that you've supported your whole life through thick and thin often on the smell of an oily rag success wise play in a Grand Final that you cannot go to is one of the worse feelings I've ever experienced and about as bad as it gets.

My jubilation that we have another chance to win a cup versus not being able to see it is a cruel dichotomy. That feeling is also mirrored in lockdown in terms of it helping me get through at the moment yet lockdown is the reason I can't go. Yep thank the Dogs of old I saw 2016. I remember well the beers and walking into the ground with Scraggers on that incredible day. Enjoy this one mate.

Im just going to enjoy it from now. Giving the barcode away was emotional but I think we may get a few looks at this over the next 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to the prelim, that was very satisfying. Locked in for the GF, have to make the most of them as they only come around every 5 years

Post Thanks / Like

Me! With a non posting mate that lives in Perth that was also at the 2016 GF with me. We chat regularly via messages re dogs results and have been signing off most messages with a WAGWTF signature for the last ten or so years. Now has been changed to WAGWTFA

Cant believe it

As i posted on Twitter last night

@Gougoodthing64
    ยท
    13h
    Waiting for the
    @westernbulldogs
    to play in a grand final is like waiting for a bus. After 55 years wait two turn up within 5 years. #AFLGF #AFL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Unfortunately no and I gotta tell you it's bloody tough. Having your team that you've supported your whole life through thick and thin often on the smell of an oily rag success wise play in a Grand Final that you cannot go to is one of the worse feelings I've ever experienced and about as bad as it gets.

My jubilation that we have another chance to win a cup versus not being able to see it is a cruel dichotomy. That feeling is also mirrored in lockdown in terms of it helping me get through at the moment yet lockdown is the reason I can't go. Yep thank the Dogs of old I saw 2016. I remember well the beers and walking into the ground with Scraggers on that incredible day. Enjoy this one mate.

Im just going to enjoy it from now. Giving the barcode away was emotional but I think we may get a few looks at this over the next 5 years.
    In a word YEP...

Last night it hit home, we are in a grand final and I can't go. Gee whizz it hurts as I go to 99% of all Melbourne games.

For the folk who are going, cheer loud and cheer proud

#BeMoreBulldog
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Likes KT31, 1eyedog, Eastdog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said 1ed, IMO you have summed up what a lot of us are feeling perfectly.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It sucks we can’t go but I’m just focusing on the up side - our club is in a grand final and for that I’m greatful.

Each day that goes by it sinks in more and more that I wanna win the damn thing.

15. Likes bornadog, azabob, Eastdog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    In a word YEP...

Last night it hit home, we are in a grand final and I can't go. Gee whizz it hurts as I go to 99% of all Melbourne games.

For the folk who are going, cheer loud and cheer proud

#BeMoreBulldog
    I was so privileged to see the 2016 Grand Final live. EasternWest secured me a ticket and I am forever thankful. This one is so much more of a privilege. So many of my friends on here will not have this opportunity. I will be there, and I will represent. I will be loud and proud. And when all is said and done, and Marcus is lifting the trophy above his head, my thoughts will be with all members of WOOF that have been there with me through thick and thin.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

As really, really annoying as all the people who signed up to the forum for the express purpose of getting a ticket to the game were (and are), the kindness that the forum showed in helping actual members who missed out getting a ticket was incredibly touching.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    As really, really annoying as all the people who signed up to the forum for the express purpose of getting a ticket to the game were (and are), the kindness that the forum showed in helping actual members who missed out getting a ticket was incredibly touching.
    I was happy to assist with my barcodes to Doggies supporters.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.