Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

As Terry Wallace Wrote On His Forehead after 1997

We blew it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: As Terry Wallace Wrote On His Forehead after 1997

You don’t lose by 10 goals and say you blew it… there was more than 45min to play when we had a good lead and have shat the bed.

3. Likes Sedat, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    You don’t lose by 10 goals and say you blew it… there was more than 45min to play when we had a good lead and have shat the bed.
    Yep. Utter capitulation but also credit to their guns who willed the contest their way. ..
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I understand a lot of fans are going to be disappointed but Terry Wallace never made a grand final. I'm just disappointed that we couldn't make it more of a contest at the end for the fans. But so be it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I agree. The opportunity I mean. Not every day you are up by 19 in a GF well into the third. Rolled gold opportunity we had. Worst turnaround since 1997. But worse.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Very hard to fathom.

Post Thanks / Like

Just short of a gallop I think. The fairytale road trip just took too much out of us
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

9. Thanks Ghost Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon we blew it in the last 3 rounds of the regular season. Great effort to pick up the pieces to make the GF, but winning the GF was a bridge too far. The travel and restrictions killed us. Had we of come 2nd in the regular season our path would have been a hell of a lot smoother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I reckon we blew it in the last 3 rounds of the regular season. Great effort to pick up the pieces to make the GF, but winning the GF was a bridge too far. The travel and restrictions killed us. Had we of come 2nd in the regular season our path would have been a hell of a lot smoother.
    OK so we make top 4 we win?

It wasnt about lever or may - our mids were destroyed.

WE CAN NOT HAVE A BETTER MIDFILED.

This is the most awful loss in Buildogs history.

Post Thanks / Like

Edit : Removed due to my stupidity.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 30-09-2021 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Apologies all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep. Utter capitulation but also credit to their guns who willed the contest their way. ..
    The way they ripped it from us, against the run of play in the third was like a flash KO in fighting. Absolutely perfect left, right goodnight. The manner of it was disconcerting, in that it was those clean, decisive wins out of the guys that have haunted often since 2017. Should be capable of managing that better.

Struggling to make sense of it. Want to reframe it as it took an unbelievable run to put us down, and it was, but also really disappointed in how the score line ended up. Very sad end.