Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  206
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's going to the big dance?

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I have been reluctant to comment (even around the prelim), as there is a fair bit of guilt considering most are stuck at home. I have often used this forum to live vicariously through those that (in a normal year) regularly attend, so I might wrap up some thoughts from the prelim and share a few things along the way this weekend.
    No way mate, have a blast. Happy for you. Cheer for all of us.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Flying out today, it’s starting to get a bit real and I’ve started chewing my nails off. Have also secured an open training session ticket.

I have been reluctant to comment (even around the prelim), as there is a fair bit of guilt considering most are stuck at home. I have often used this forum to live vicariously through those that (in a normal year) regularly attend, so I might wrap up some thoughts from the prelim and share a few things along the way this weekend.
    No guilt AC. All others on WOOF are cheering along side of you. Have a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

For any wanting to go to the open training, I've got extra tickets ... send me a message and I'll flick them your way.
    WOOF Member 422

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheer loud everyone, I'll be watching and smiling when I hear you all when we kick a goal
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Flying out today, it’s starting to get a bit real and I’ve started chewing my nails off. Have also secured an open training session ticket.

Please, please share! You’ve got the opportunity my friend, make the absolute most of it on our behalf and soak it all up!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

8. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s very considerate TAC, please feel 100% welcome to share the experience. For me, I am so happy for the Scraggers that get the opportunity, and in a world gone to shit where there’s been more downs than ups for me, giving away my tickets to a few WA based Scraggers felt really good topped up the reserves a bit.

Being part of the club, is being part of the collective. If you are there and barracking with other members and fans, we are there too.

Post Thanks / Like

I fly out Saturday morning (early) , same as i did in 2016

Having pre match lunch and bevvies with the same guy i did in 2016; then heading to the Oval early (same as 2016) byut this time catching up with a family from Adelaide before the match that is very heavily invested in the match in a family way

in 2016 i turned my phone off for the match so i could watch the bloody match without distractions

Turned it on after the game with 100 + missed calls and messages haha

So you wont be hearing from me until maybe sunday (if its late night saturday after a win, it may not pass work filters)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    I fly out Saturday morning (early) , same as i did in 2016

Having pre match lunch and bevvies with the same guy i did in 2016; then heading to the Oval early (same as 2016) byut this time catching up with a family from Adelaide before the match that is very heavily invested in the match in a family way

in 2016 i turned my phone off for the match so i could watch the bloody match without distractions

Turned it on after the game with 100 + missed calls and messages haha

So you wont be hearing from me until maybe sunday (if its late night saturday after a win, it may not pass work filters)
    Sounds awesome mate - we are all living vicariously through you so update away !

12. Likes Throughandthrough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be at Optus on Saturday with great appreciation and thanks to Merantau and his wife for their amazing generosity in sending me their barcodes. I wish they were going too to share in the Dogs victory. I was at the G in '61 when we lost, I missed 2016. I reckon of the 60k who will be there, other than Melbourne supporters, the rest will be on the Dogs, including Dennis Cometti.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    I will be at Optus on Saturday with great appreciation and thanks to Merantau and his wife for their amazing generosity in sending me their barcodes. I wish they were going too to share in the Dogs victory. I was at the G in '61 when we lost, I missed 2016. I reckon of the 60k who will be there, other than Melbourne supporters, the rest will be on the Dogs, including Dennis Cometti.
    Enjoy the day
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    "Woof, woof, woof!" Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The function was pretty good.

We heard from Shane Biggs and Dale Morris to start the night. They spoke about their different approaches to game prep; in particular the 2016 GF. Moz said it was like any normal night before the game. Same meal, same bedtime etc. Whereas Biggsy said he didn’t watch footy the night before; he usually did. But he had a conundrum … to polish off a chocolate or to eat a couple of bags of lollies.

Next we had zoom meeting with Ameet Bains CEO and Jamie Maddocks, Development Manager. Ameet spoke about how the finals had really brought the group closer. All staff, players, and coaches have bonded beyond belief (his words) and were pumped by the support they had received today. He also said the week’s break and three different lockdowns have been tough but the adversity was another bonding. Jamie spoke about the players dealing with the week’s break and the difference between our approach and Melbourne’s. He said all selected players were primed and ready. No niggles.

Then we had a few past players speak to us. Jim Sewell, Jordan McMahon, and Nathan Eagleton; they all spoke about playing in Preliminary loses and what 2016 meant to them as players but also as Bulldogs supporters.

Also in attendance was Magic McLean and Kingsley Hunter.

A good night, lots of pumped supporters, and a few lucky ones winning signed jumper, signed footy and the opportunity to hold the banner on the ground tomorrow morning.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    The function was pretty good.

We heard from Shane Biggs and Dale Morris to start the night. They spoke about their different approaches to game prep; in particular the 2016 GF. Moz said it was like any normal night before the game. Same meal, same bedtime etc. Whereas Biggsy said he didn’t watch footy the night before; he usually did. But he had a conundrum … to polish off a chocolate or to eat a couple of bags of lollies.

Next we had zoom meeting with Ameet Bains CEO and Jamie Maddocks, Development Manager. Ameet spoke about how the finals had really brought the group closer. All staff, players, and coaches have bonded beyond belief (his words) and were pumped by the support they had received today. He also said the week’s break and three different lockdowns have been tough but the adversity was another bonding. Jamie spoke about the players dealing with the week’s break and the difference between our approach and Melbourne’s. He said all selected players were primed and ready. No niggles.

Then we had a few past players speak to us. Jim Sewell, Jordan McMahon, and Nathan Eagleton; they all spoke about playing in Preliminary loses and what 2016 meant to them as players but also as Bulldogs supporters.

Also in attendance was Magic McLean and Kingsley Hunter.

A good night, lots of pumped supporters, and a few lucky ones winning signed jumper, signed footy and the opportunity to hold the banner on the ground tomorrow morning.
    Sounds like a great night on GF eve.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing seats- even have the Dogs non-playing box directly behind us. The players have all signed my little fellas guernsey.

See you on the other side. Let’s do this.

19. Likes josie, bulldogtragic, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing seats- even have the Dogs non-playing box directly behind us. The players have all signed my little fellas guernsey.

See you on the other side. Let’s do this.
    Cheer hard… Go dogs!!