Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  28

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Insomnia between now and the Grand Final

Dear woofers.
    I spend a hell of a lot of time reading WOOF but don't post any where near as much as I should.

But here's my way of dealing with sleepless nights especially now with all the excitement and anticipation leading in to the grand final.

It's a version of counting sheep.

I close my eyes....... and internally put on the Craig Willis voice, (voice of the 'G) and I announce the premiership medallions innn a order....
    So please put your best a Craiggggga a Willisssa voice on and get going.

aaah number. aaah one..... aah....... Adammmma atreloarrrrrra.

then you have to go through the numbers who aren't gonna get one and there's a little internal dialogue regarding each player.
    2. Lewis Young (what does his future hold)
    3. Mitch........ (very sad situation for him but hard to argue he demands a spot in the team even though I love him)
    4. Bont, but he won't be announced til the end as captain.

so it's anumber. afivea. aJossssha. aDunkleya.

anumber...a.. six. aBailey......aSmithhha. (monstrous applause across this great land)

a number a seven. a Lachie aHunterrrrrrrrrr.

so I keep going down the list with a little pause as I visualise each of them getting their medallion, patting a cute little kid on the head, and then giving them their cap.
    then it's......
    aah number aah eighta. aStefannnn...a, aMartinnnnn.

anumberrra tennnnna. Eastonnnnna awooooda.

etc, etc all down the line. I never get to the end before falling asleep. And you can just keep doing it every night.
    starting at the start again.

I did it in 2016. And it worked. And we won.

you will sleep the sleep of angels.

Feel free to try it. This a free WOOF health initiative and is not means tested. Not available to Melbourne supporters.
    Last edited by Dancin' Douggy; 15-09-2021 at 09:22 PM.