Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew the Western Bulldogs were going to lose! BUT WE DIDN’T LOSE WE WON

Good to see long time Woofer and political cartoonist for the Guardian First Dog on the Moon's still is just as passionate as ever about the Dog's.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nt-lose-we-won

2. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I knew the Western Bulldogs were going to lose! BUT WE DIDN’T LOSE WE WON

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes, yes I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yes, yes I did.
    BTW, he has tickets to the GF. Lives in Tassie these days.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    BTW, he has tickets to the GF. Lives in Tassie these days.
    Loved the cartoon right up until the "sorry to skite" line, then I just felt a ping of jealousy and wanted to throw my coffee mug through my monitor.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I shared this with non-football fans and got the greatest compliment of my life when they asked if I was sure I wasn't the one who wrote it because parts of it sounded like something I'd say.

Either there's a certain mentality that comes from being a Bulldogs supporter or I absorbed some of FDOTM's cadence from the old days when he put cartoons up on Bigfooty when I was a teen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I shared this with non-football fans and got the greatest compliment of my life when they asked if I was sure I wasn't the one who wrote it because parts of it sounded like something I'd say.

Either there's a certain mentality that comes from being a Bulldogs supporter or I absorbed some of FDOTM's cadence from the old days when he put cartoons up on Bigfooty when I was a teen
    Definitely a certain Bulldogs mentality. I was using the cartoon to justify to husband why was still freaked out in the final quarter, despite the scoreline. We all know better!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Definitely a certain Bulldogs mentality. I was using the cartoon to justify to husband why was still freaked out in the final quarter, despite the scoreline. We all know better!
    My mother-in-law was texting me during the game and at 3/4 time I said we are home as they needed to kick 10 to our zero. With 5 minutes to go, she texted me saying, I think we may have this