Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  124
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Feelings of Winning or Losing

Have you thought about your feelings by next Saturday night?

Losing to me would be bitterly disappointing but this group still has me feeling great pride in them and the club.

If we win I will be stoked. But probably not quiet at a 2016 level. As that was the drought breaker and being unable to be there. But absolutely over the moon none the less.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feelings of Winning or Losing

I'll be very disappointed if we were to lose, it takes so much effort to get to a GF so a loss will hurt but I'm extremely proud of what we have achieved this year and I'll thanking the players, coaches and the club for the excellent season regardless of the outcome
    For what it's worth, I genuinely think we win this.
    To me a positive outcome in this game legitimizes us so maybe it's even more important than 2016.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'll be very disappointed if we were to lose, it takes so much effort to get to a GF so a loss will hurt but I'm extremely proud of what we have achieved this year and I'll thanking the players, coaches and the club for the excellent season regardless of the outcome
    For what it's worth, I genuinely think we win this.
    To me a positive outcome in this game legitimizes us so maybe it's even more important than 2016.
    If I bet, I’d put a sizeable amount on us. I feel confident which makes me very nervous. In nearly 100 years no one at our club can say they’re two time premiership players (both flags at our club). Would be great to break new ground.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If I bet, I’d put a sizeable amount on us. I feel confident which makes me very nervous. In nearly 100 years no one at our club can say they’re two time premiership players (both flags at our club). Would be great to break new ground.
    Last time we played in two close together the second one was a first for the Hawks.
    Hopefully we don't make that a pattern.

I'd be shattered if we lost, mainly due to the opposition.

But over time I think I'd appreciate how uneven a playing field it is and be super proud.

We've been in quarantine since before rd 23. Why we had to quarantine for Port here is beyond me.

Everything since and the amount of denials we've copped has the AFL on my all time sh1t list. Would be a win for the ages.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll be torn up and prob in tears if we lose. This is huge and there’s no way I’m gonna be “oh well… nice try” if we go down. I mean, I’ll get over it eventually but 2016 doesn’t make this any less important. We need to win!! I get nervous thinking about the first bounce…

If we win, I’ll be going nuts at home, prob also in tears, and will likely empty my beer fridge watching the replay at least once that night. There will be little/no sleep.

Go dogs!

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My initial want was for Bevo to win one final. Now that is out the door. I want to win so badly. I also think we will. Failure doesn't enter my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

I have blithe optimism that we will win.
    Unusual for me but the feeling came after the prelim.

10. Likes josie, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    My initial want was for Bevo to win one final. Now that is out the door. I want to win so badly. I also think we will. Failure doesn't enter my mind.
    This is why it's so special this year. Wanted one final win which has now turned into so much more.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I simply have no idea how I will feel after a loss. All my life, whenever I have imagined grand final day, it’s always been us lifting the cup. I can’t even comprehend what a loss will feel like.

Either way I’ll be proud of the club. A win, and I’ll be ecstatic with joy. A loss, I’ll be miserable for a few days and won’t want to see any of the demons celebrations. I’d rather be blown out than lose a heartbreaker.

I feel if we show up and play our best footy, we’ll win.

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only thinking about winning, if we lose it will be a lost opportunity that we will never get back.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember ever thinking we'd lose in 2016. Felt like nothing would stop us. Not quite sure that's the case this year but there is some magic about the group.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Only thinking about winning, if we lose it will be a lost opportunity that we will never get back.
    That's how I felt in 1961. I was only 10 yo but remember it vividly. Winning at half time which was a further dagger in the heart stuff. Never even thought it would be 54 years later that we would play in a Grannie again.

18. Thanks jeemak, Grantysghost, KT31, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Said it all year. Our best is THE best in the comp.

We beat this mob without Keath, Martin, Treloar and Dunkley.

I'll be gutted if we lose. We must win.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that would ameliorate the pain of a loss a little bit is that our opponents have not won for 57 years and I have three good friends from my teenage/ early 20s years who are Melbourne supporters and genuinely good blokes. So I will be happy for them to experience a win. If it were against any other club I would feel devastated.

Whatever the result I am very satisfied and proud of how we have recovered from a disastrous season's end. We have come back super hard and defied the odds to earn the respect of most of the football world. I know the boys are not going to let this one go without a fight. Watch out Melbourne - the Dogs are out of the yard and running wild. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

21. Likes josie, BornInDroopSt'54, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm quietly confident we win
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

23. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, merantau liked this post