Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  124
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feelings of Winning or Losing

I think the sting if we lose will be lessened and the victory will be a bit less sweet but that's just relative to 2016 which was exceptional

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    This year has been tough. As soon as I realised we made the GF I was overwhelmed with anxiety and dread at the thought of losing, only because the Dogs have been a much needed distraction during the year. I think it is just a confluence of factors ranging from lockdown to things in my personal life. The two week break since the preliminary final win have helped put things into perspective so I am hoping I can maintain that attitude all the to the GF.

I AM confident we can win.
    Chin up Funke Disco.

We won't ever know what you've been going through.

Firstly - kyboshing that motherhood statement I just made, you are always with us and one of us. You are a part of us and we are always here and part of you, like it or not

Secondly - see above
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Thanks Funke disco thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is different to 2016 for so many reasons.

My 7YO (who was lucky enough to ask Adam Treloar a question in the kids presser a few days ago) feels losses pretty deep. Had to remind him after G Ro*an did that thing in Geelong earlier this year that it’s just a game etc, then once he went to sleep I had to go for a walk to process it myself.

Having games to watch in lockdown has been important, but the longer this finals series goes on, the more I’m getting set up for a big fall. Every result is magnified, it’s nowhere near as fun. There’s a sense of dread this week, but not because I think we’ll lose (and I’m cognisant we might)

It will be amazing if we get up, what they’ve gone through and what it will mean to my son. Forget the sentiment around Melbourne, this is our second GF in 50 years, make hay while the sun shines.

Plus, I want some New Era premiership merch
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I want the Road to Glory T-Shitt. Probably a few if/when we win. I vividly remember WO after the 2016 win. I’ve never seen so much money flying around. Was massive for the club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I want the Road to Glory T-Shitt. Probably a few if/when we win. I vividly remember WO after the 2016 win. I’ve never seen so much money flying around. Was massive for the club.
    Yeah my wife was going to buy me the Road to Glory T-Shirt... I said.. If we lose, there is no way I'm EVER wearing it.. Let's not put cart before the horse.. Let's win this thing, THEN load up on merch.

Post Thanks / Like

This year has been tough. As soon as I realised we made the GF I was overwhelmed with anxiety and dread at the thought of losing, only because the Dogs have been a much needed distraction during the year. I think it is just a confluence of factors ranging from lockdown to things in my personal life. The two week break since the preliminary final win have helped put things into perspective so I am hoping I can maintain that attitude all the to the GF.

Funke stay strong mate, stick around these parts win lose or draw - we will get through it all.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Likes EasternWest, Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yeah my wife was going to buy me the Road to Glory T-Shirt... I said.. If we lose, there is no way I'm EVER wearing it.. Let's not put cart before the horse.. Let's win this thing, THEN load up on merch.
    Yep. I couldn’t get paid enough to wear it if we lost. If/when we win this forum could fund Cody Raak as a Cat B Rookie for three years. Does that make WOOF a player sponsor?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The Road to Glory shirt is cool but it is absolutely cursed as well.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Chin up Funke Disco.

We won't ever know what you've been going through.

Firstly - kyboshing that motherhood statement I just made, you are always with us and one of us. You are a part of us and we are always here and part of you, like it or not

Secondly - see above
    Stupid, sexy jeemak.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t worry Funke, I’ve got the same feeling of dread and anxiety too. Based on nothing. Just the thought of losing. But we’re all in this together! This forum is a coping mechanism for me. Sometimes represented in outbursts in the game day thread, but once the dust has settled there’s no better place to be win or lose as no one else quite understands the pain or joy if they’re not a dogs supporter. I keep reminding myself just to enjoy the moment as they only come around every 5 years.

14. Likes Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m actually feeling 50/50. Never thought I’d say that.
    We are a chance.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

16. Likes jeemak, bulldogtragic, bornadog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    We are a chance.
    Riots, earthquakes and DG up and about! What a day
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are a chance.
    I agree its a 50/50 game.

20. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are a chance.
    First quarter will tell all.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Win or lose it's an amazing result, we were never supposed to get that deep. If we win then awesome, if not then come back next year with the kinks banged out.