Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  48
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brownlow 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brownlow 2021

The other side of it is that Bonts isn’t tied up for 24 hours with media and the circus with that is well away from us. 33 votes is huge. But to paraphrase Corey McKernan, I’d rather win the premiership medal as part of a team than the Brownlow as an individual.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Didn’t watch it tonight. Looking forward to Saturday night now.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointed for Bont but I don't have any issues with the result.

Wines had a ripping year and is noticeable in a Port side that is a touch thin in the midfield.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How did Selwood get a vote in the game against us? he was reported for two separate incidents. It is supposed to be best and FAIREST.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Testekill, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Players polling 30 votes in the Brownlow Medal
    1978-1993: 0
    1994-2008: 3
    2009-2021: 14

8. Likes SonofScray, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Libba run over someone at the AFL's dog?

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty have gotten that medal who never won a premiership. Not to worry Bont.

Congrats to Ollie Wines.
    I remember reports of him being devastated to be picked by Port in the draft initially.
    But he's embraced the challenge.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Ollie Wines.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How’s Dayne Zorko’s form carrying on like a dip shit?… how about not kicking the ball OOF twice in the last 4min to cost your team a finals win you numpty!
    What was he doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Great year from Bont. It's odd which players the umpires notice and which they don't, Bont got a lot more recognition than Libba & Macrae and Wines I'm not even sure is the best player at his club let alone in the league
    Last edited by boydogs; 20-09-2021 at 01:57 AM.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to Ollie Wines. I have no problem at all recognising him as a deserving winner of the Brownlow.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Great year from Bont. It's odd which players the umpires notice and which they don't, Bont get a lot more recognition than Libba & Macrae and Wines I'm not even sure is the best player at his club let alone in the league
    I never understand how it is left to the umpires to vote for the best player. Aren’t they too busy officiating? How do they do their job properly when in the back of their mind they are thinking ‘who is playing well?’ They have enough pressure as is without worrying about having to determine the best three players. God I find it hard enough goal umpiring and voting for the best player in U10s!!! Imagine being a field umpire and doing this. I would rather have an independent panel be responsible for casting votes.

17. Likes boydogs, josie, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I never understand how it is left to the umpires to vote for the best player. Aren’t they too busy officiating? How do they do their job properly when in the back of their mind they are thinking ‘who is playing well?’ They have enough pressure as is without worrying about having to determine the best three players. God I find it hard enough goal umpiring and voting for the best player in U10s!!! Imagine being a field umpire and doing this. I would rather have an independent panel be responsible for casting votes.
    Yeah I prefer the coaches award, they're the one best positioned to assess who played their role and hurt the opposition, not guys looking for rule infringements
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    What was he doing?
    Just acting like a tool whenever Jarryd Lyons received votes… it’s any wonder Bris can’t stand up in big moments when their own field leaders act like petulant children.

20. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The voting is so lop sided now. Can't believe Macrae and Libba are podium chances for B&F in a GF team and get no love in the Brownlow.

Carlton is a great example.

Walsh 30.
    McKay (Coleman medalist!) 8.