Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
Actually I've been to quite a few GF's in my time.

2001 Bris/Pies
2005+6 - WC/Sw
2007 - G/PA
(I was living in Melbourne for those 3).
2012 - H/S
2013 - H/F
(Was doing the AIS academy thing back then)

Can I just say that aside from the final siren going, the 2016 GF was one of the least enjoyable experiences of my life and I am very stressed out about the game this week. I 100% remember the tension of 2016 and now that I'm even OLDER than I was then seriously doubt I will be able to get through it without some kind of heart failure.

I'm reading the posts (every 9.3 minutes - not much work getting done which is another problem) but genuinely have nothing of value to contribute right now.
Nice! I've been to a few also.

2000 Bris/Ess
2013 H/F
2014 H/Syd
2015 H/WC
2016 WB/S
2018 WC/Coll
2020 Rich/Geel

Writing that down there's actually more than I thought. Had a good run there with some work contacts... those days are gone (hopefully they come back!)

I agree, 2016 was intense and while everyone around me was having a blast (in a darn Swans infested Corp section... so very few actual die-hards) I was all over the shop. I didn't even hear the final siren!

2018 was the best. I said prior "I'm going to cheer like I'm an Eagles fan today" and I flat out almost lost my voice and got very jovial. It was all upside cause I wasn't REALLY invested... and it was a ripping match.

I hope the weekend is another great one for you! I have friends coming over and they're asking "how many beers do I bring? Is 6 enough?" while I'm not sure if I'll have 2 or 12! I'm not sure how I'll cope best... with more or less alcohol...

...ok, let's face it, I'm going to prob be closer to 12 than 2!