Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  519
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne V Western Bulldogs - 2021 Grand Final Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What do we think the venue means for them?

At the MCG the MCC would be 100% Melbourne plus half the clubs tickets, purchasing corporate tickets. Plus home ground advantage.

Perth is 50/50 plus small general admission and corporate tickets. So not overwhelming crowd numbers to them. We’ve beaten WCE & Freo over there this year, they’ve beat West Coast & Geelong Super Rules over there.

Any difference or none at all?
    2016 it felt like the crowd was a factor. Loudest game I've ever experienced. Pretty happy to be playing the Dees on neutral territory and I think Optus suits us ok. Our last game there was our most impressive defensive effort for the year which hopefully bodes well for today.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Critically important that we're either ahead or close at quarter time. Melbourne are too good defensively to cough up a decent lead so we need to start well.

Shop early lads.
    Critically important Naughts nails his first shot at goal… we’re going to need scoreboard pressure and as is obvious, take our chances.

4. Likes MrMahatma, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Critically important that we're either ahead or close at quarter time. Melbourne are too good defensively to cough up a decent lead so we need to start well.

Shop early lads.
    Agree comrade we need to have them on the back foot early.
    They really do cheat quite a bit at stoppage exiting forward trusting their ability to clear.

We have to put doubt in their minds. Can I run forward I or do I need to watch my man?

First game they jumped us and it was even after that as they can just setup and deny score and not take risks.

Perfect scenario for me is one or two goals up at qtr time, maintain that and then pull away late.

Their first goal is important too, the longer it takes for them to nail their first the better.

Gawn has me the most worried, Stef with such a low match base.

#jesuislasilverfox

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Critically important Naughts nails his first shot at goal… we’re going to need scoreboard pressure and as is obvious, take our chances.
    Naughton missing a 25 metre directly in front at a critical time is up their with a Bont concussion in terms of nightmare fuel for me.

7. Likes Mantis, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At the MCG the MCC would be 100% Melbourne plus half the clubs tickets, purchasing corporate tickets. Plus home ground advantage.

Perth is 50/50 plus small general admission and corporate tickets. So not overwhelming crowd numbers to them. We’ve beaten WCE & Freo over there this year, they’ve beat West Coast & Geelong Super Rules over there.

50/50 game for mine. Even money.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the more adverse the crowd the better. Every final we have been vastly outnumbered with the crowd. As long as the crowd brings energy I think we an only benefit regardless of who that energy is for.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Is this WOOF's Brett Kirk moment?
    Thanks 1eyedog. I just want to give you a bit of an insight into the Saturday night WOOF team. We’re a bunch of unique individuals – GVGjr, Twodogs, Stupid Sexy EasternWest, Bulldogtragic and myself. We’re gonna engage with our minds and our hearts. We’re gonna exchange ideas, thoughts and even our energy. And to speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest and authentic. We’re not always gonna get it right. And sometimes, you’re not going to agree with us. But that’s okay, because just like you we care. Just like you, we’re passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join us on Saturday nights, because we just love the footy.

11. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Thanks 1eyedog. I just want to give you a bit of an insight into the Saturday night WOOF team. We’re a bunch of unique individuals – GVGjr, Twodogs, Stupid Sexy EasternWest, Bulldogtragic and myself. We’re gonna engage with our minds and our hearts. We’re gonna exchange ideas, thoughts and even our energy. And to speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest and authentic. We’re not always gonna get it right. And sometimes, you’re not going to agree with us. But that’s okay, because just like you we care. Just like you, we’re passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join us on Saturday nights, because we just love the footy.
    Brilliant. Love it.

13. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent last night watching the 2016 GF and the Port Adelaide prelim.

My observation is how much this team in 2021 is better than 2016.

What we now need is to bring the effort that was there in 2016.

We can win this.

GO DOGS!!!!
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

15. Likes 1eyedog, ReLoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw Cal Ward jogging. In 2016 on the morning of the game I dead set saw Bont jogging. That’s two pretty hot guys with long hair who have played for the Dogs before two GFs and on no other days before or after.

Can’t be a coincidence probably.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Naughton missing a 25 metre directly in front at a critical time is up their with a Bont concussion in terms of nightmare fuel for me.
    Yeah if that Melbourne luck continues I’ll be pretty pissed.

Post Thanks / Like

Good vibes from the Captain's Run. Full squad training (including Cavarra in a knee brace) and Bevo addressing the crowd and thanking them. Good vibes.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

20. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I am house hunting. If any of these places give off the slightest omen I’ll buy it on sight.
    You better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Just saw Cal Ward jogging. In 2016 on the morning of the game I dead set saw Bont jogging. That’s two pretty hot guys with long hair who have played for the Dogs before two GFs and on no other days before or after.

Can’t be a coincidence probably.
    Too soon (can't believe Cal left)

Post Thanks / Like

Very antsy now. Not sure how to make it to 7pm!

One line that keeps playing over and over in my head is Bevo pre Prelim; "they underestimate how big our hearts are."

Let's go Dogs!
    W00F!

24. Likes EasternWest liked this post