Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  519
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne V Western Bulldogs - 2021 Grand Final Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Massive mistake to extend Wood and Cordy to next year.
    Wood looks injured after 2nd quarter. His done some good things today, but he looks to have lost his speed and leap.

Cordy just does not have the speed and agility to go with Brown

Melbourne have another gear, and its scary how powerful their mids are and clean with their disposal. No stoppage work in the middle when we were bleeding.

I am gutted. This is the one that got away.

Melbourne deserve to win.

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there’s our rd 21-23 underbelly on display. Needs to be addressed. Whatever it is. I’m speechless by how we just rolled over. Very very disappointing. I didn’t want a close loss. But this is the next worst. Losing with no pride or character. Nothing but pathetic.

Post Thanks / Like

That was as the softest, most fragile performance from halfway through the 3rd. Disgraced the jumper tonight, let all us of down in lockdown and no one can convince we otherwise.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Want to be positive but it is embarrassing. Would have preferred we didn't make it.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on that point. I want our seasons to go for as long as possible, every year.

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m gonna take a day or two. Jesus christ that was *!*!*!*!ing nowhere.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That was as the softest, most fragile performance from halfway through the 3rd. Disgraced the jumper tonight, let all us of down in lockdown and no one can convince we otherwise.
    Can't disagree more. It's a good form to vent your spleen but I'm wearing my scarf proudly.

11 people died last night in New South Wales. It's good to keep things in perspective. I'm proud we made it into the final and a bit disappointed we couldn't keep going. But I don't think it's a disgrace. if you have two or three key players don't fire for some reason or another and you're in serious trouble. That's how it goes and credit to the opposition.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

9. Likes chef, josie, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They played some scintillating football in that third term. Everything they touched turned to gold. The first goal was against the trend and then they torched us in the centre. I didn’t think we capitulated as much as they just went another gear and found a way to score quickly.

11. Likes GVGjr, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They killed us in centre clearances and I think we laid only one or two effective tackles on Petracca he whole night.

Bont played a great captain’s game.

How will teams counter Melbourne? They are like a freight train that runs you over.

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    19 points up in a knife edge tight game and they kick 15 of the next 16 goals. I felt like we had their measure. I don’t know where that came from. They got a sniff and then those repeated centre clearances and they could not miss.
    We overcommitted to the contest and didn’t defend goal side, repeatedly. Just didn’t change the method when we needed to. Plus Petracca was a million times better than anyone on our team.

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let’s be honest we really overachieved just making it.

17. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    They killed us in centre clearances and I think we laid only one or two effective tackles on Petracca he whole night.

Bont plated a great captain’s game.

How will teams counter Melbourne? They are like a freight train that runs you over.
    Was the worst we’ve tackled all year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Let’s be honest we really overachieved just making it.
    No not subscribing to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    Well done Melbourne. Love all you woofers. We had the game and they snatched momentum away from us. Proud of our boys and the journey they’ve been on. See you next year
    Love your work, FD. See you in the new year mate although would love to hear from you sooner should the mood take you.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    19 points up in a knife edge tight game and they kick 15 of the next 16 goals. I felt like we had their measure. I don’t know where that came from. They got a sniff and then those repeated centre clearances and they could not miss.
    Yep. It was those 4 goals deep in the fourth where they went bang bang bang. 24 points up in the space of a few minutes

22. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post

Bont plated a great captain’s game.

Yeah those clearances and tackling efforts were nothing short of embarrassing. But it’s not like tonight was the first time we’ve seen it. We’ve got a lot of work to do to overcome it. Bevo will have to work some miracles.

By the way. Did we tag Petracca at all? I was very disappointed in Bevos efforts tonight. Didn’t really adjust. But he obviously can’t control the weak efforts from our players.