Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  519
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne V Western Bulldogs - 2021 Grand Final Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Perth 5PM on Saturday - 25 degrees

I wonder which team can cope with the heat the most? Does the extra time off help them, or hinder them in this respect? I’d say a runner is important as sub especially seeing the temperature.
    We played in Brisbane and won. We won't have a problem
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The Media on finals:

Week 1: This is the start of something great for Essendon

Week 2: Lions desperately unlucky. Umpires cost them

Week 3: Where to now for Port Adelaide?

Week 4: Melbourne V Melbourne
    Week 5: After we win. Bye week robbed Demons.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions.

1) Which players do you have 100% blind faith that will turn up and deliver GF day?

2) Which players make you feel nervous and you are worried will either go missing or have a bad day. Who don’t you trust to deliver?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Questions.

1) Which players do you have 100% blind faith that will turn up and deliver GF day?

2) Which players make you feel nervous and you are worried will either go missing or have a bad day. Who don’t you trust to deliver?
    Bont, Jacko, Daniel, Duryea, Hunter, Keath.

Next are Williams and Dale in that order.

The rest are mixed lollies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Questions.

Looking at the Port game, it was a real team effort. Stats show that Macrae had huge numbers but 9 players had 19 to 24 disposals.

I am happy we will win this as a team with everyone doing their job

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I am expecting TOTAL FOOTBALL. Every player, every contest, every ounce of commitment and support to mates. Keep the pedal to the metal Dogs.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Footy can be a bit of a maze for people like me, so excuse me if this is either obvious or way off, but I’m assuming the way we entered F50 in the prelim was by design, and would likely be our focus again tomorrow.

Seemed we moved the ball until we were within 60 from goal to ensure a deep entry, which challenged Jonas & Aliir (and would challenge Lever & May) Early in the game, multiple handball chains involving one or more of Bont, Hunter & Treloar resulted in kicks into or near the goal square which ended in goals.

King on 360 last night (who is confident the Dees win) pointed out the extra we bring to the stoppage, so if they win clearance, we can get exposed 1-1…but should we win said contest, we’ll have more options up the ground. The challenge then is to either hit a lead or keep moving it short until we can strike from 60 out.

If we can regularly get our hands on it, we have the game to take it out.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Hardwick was on The Front Bar last night and genuinely has no idea that we played the Demons twice this year. Was just talking about how we didn't cope with their defensive pressure earlier in the year so the Dees will feel they have the wood over us, it'll be interesting to see how we combat it, blah blah blah.

I know the season was over for you by the time we beat them in Round 19 Damien, but I think you could do better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Hardwick was on The Front Bar last night and genuinely has no idea that we played the Demons twice this year. Was just talking about how we didn't cope with their defensive pressure earlier in the year so the Dees will feel they have the wood over us, it'll be interesting to see how we combat it, blah blah blah.

I know the season was over for you by the time we beat them in Round 19 Damien, but I think you could do better.
    He did the same on 360 earlier this week, do coaches just switch off if they don’t have to play that side again that season?

I thought the Saturday night game was incredibly good to watch for a wet night. 1 v 2 at the time, how does he not watch / remember?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t see Front Bar, but that’s the second time he’s muffed that. Piss weak of the hosts not to call him out on it either time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interviewing for ‘special commentary’ at Ch7. Sounds like he nailed his opportunity to maybe even lead the team there.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodwin thinks we showed our hand in our last outing with them. Thought he was very arrogant in his comments there. Looking forward to smashing these pricks now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Goodwin thinks we showed our hand in our last outing with them. Thought he was very arrogant in his comments there. Looking forward to smashing these pricks now.
    We may well have but I’m sure Bevo has more up his sleeve.

Post Thanks / Like

None of the media can handle that the dogs are a completely different look in this GF than they have been for the majority of the year.

I know there a narrative out there that Bevo has been driving this underdog us against them vibe within the group but what they forget is this is probably the most talented Bulldog side that we have ever put out on the park.

I have a feeling the football world will be shocked after this one.

19. Likes jeemak, azabob, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Goodwin hasn't seen us with Dunkley, Treloar, Martin, added.

I don't want a close contest, I won us to smash them

21. Likes SquirrelGrip, 1eyedog liked this post