Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  519
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne V Western Bulldogs - 2021 Grand Final Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Goodwin hasn't seen us with Dunkley, Treloar, Martin, added.

I don't want a close contest, I won us to smash them
    Also hasn’t seen our different forward setup. If he’s referring to our tactics on Lever and May, then he might notice a difference this time round given there’s no Bruce, and Martins inclusion will allow English more time up forward. It’s going to be a fascinating game with strategies.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stating the obvious but I want this Premiership. Badly.

A win legitimises us. It completely changes our footy club for now and into the future. Who knows what could happen next.

Let's smash these entitled, arrogant flogs who have had absolutely NO adversity to deal with this year.
    W00F!

4. Likes azabob, bornadog, 1eyedog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Stating the obvious but I want this Premiership. Badly.

A win legitimises us. It completely changes our footy club for now and into the future. Who knows what could happen next.

Let's smash these entitled, arrogant flogs who have had absolutely NO adversity to deal with this year.
    Our fan base will explode. We have the most marketable players bar Buddy I reckon. JUH, Naughton, Smith, Bont, Weightman, Treloar… dream line up of excitement. If we overlay that with being successful, we’ll maybe even be a “big” club sometime in the future. The sky is the limit with this group.

6. Likes EasternWest, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

David King reckons there's no way Gardner or Vandermeer could be the sub after being dropped from the team and the emotion around missing out. I would have thought Vanders would be champing at the bit to come on and have an impact as the sub?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    David King reckons there's no way Gardner or Vandermeer could be the sub after being dropped from the team and the emotion around missing out. I would have thought Vanders would be champing at the bit to come on and have an impact as the sub?
    I was surprised by that call also.

I get what King is saying and I sort of agree. Surely if VDM is the sub Bevo would’ve told him at the same time?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I was surprised by that call also.

I get what King is saying and I sort of agree. Surely if VDM is the sub Bevo would’ve told him at the same time?

'It was a little bit emotional': Bevo on dropping Dogs duo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bont holds the cup longer
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone take King seriously.

One of the great wind bags with a dangerous amount of twisted stats parading as knowledge.

Of course you can have VDM as the sub. He's coming off a hammy so he's probably good to have as a burst option.

Post Thanks / Like

33F02197-755B-4AB9-962C-BD4EAF4EEAF5.jpg33F02197-755B-4AB9-962C-BD4EAF4EEAF5.jpg

Just attended the training session boys are looking goid
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

13. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given for most of us this is only the 2nd time ever experiencing this, how about a Grand Final eve vibe check.

How's everyone feeling? What's the plan for tonight?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Given for most of us this is only the 2nd time ever experiencing this, how about a Grand Final eve vibe check.

Feeling good! Tonight I'll watch the NRL and have a couple of jars. Maybe a couple more. I might flick on 2016 PF if I can't sleep.

Tomorrow morning is going to be torture. I think I need to reorganise the garage or something... take my mind off it!

Post Thanks / Like

Feel calm. Our best is better. We need to bring it. I’m switching off a bit. Will be on here, but staying clear of the Melbourne Media. Wind up tomorrow arvo and lose my shit at game time. This is for sheep stations. A loss is a good season. A win makes us multiple premiers in the decade with Hawks & Tigers. We could take a real step up in the world and I want that. Until that anxiety at game time, chill and enjoy what our boys have done.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes Grantysghost, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I took the day off work, officially so that I could take the kids out of vacation care and do stuff with them. The reality is that I needed the distraction, and was no chance to concentrate at work had I have gone in today.

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was nice to wear my bulldogs guernsey to “wear your footy colours” day at work today. Got a few comments, but the majority of people I work with are going for Melb, mainly on the basis of the Neale Daniher link.

All week it hadn’t felt real just yet, even though I’ve watched the majority of Fox footy shows this week.

Tomorrow morning I’m decorating the house with some streamers and balloons just to get the vibe going. Probably turn on Fox about 2pm to watch it up to the game.

I don’t feel nervous or sick. I literally feel if we play our best, we can beat them. I feel Gawn and Oliver are the keys, and if Dale, Daniel and Williams can deliver the ball with precision from defence, we should be able to generate enough scoring opportunities. The team that kicks straight could indeed be victorious.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

21. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was feeling flat. Then I went to Yarraville to meet my sister for a walk. The place was pumping, people in our colours everywhere. I got teary seeing houses and fences painted and I realised that, yes, it’s still a grand final wherever we play it, and how much our club is still the team of the west.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic