Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  519
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne V Western Bulldogs - 2021 Grand Final Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We seem to tire in the second half, and the 19 to 11 centre clearances helped their momentum.

The biggest disappointment for me was the losing margin.
    Exactly. It sucks losing by 70 plus. We just couldn’t keep up towards the end. Travel and injuries cruelled us. They aren’t that much better than us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We seem to tire in the second half, and the 19 to 11 centre clearances helped their momentum.

The biggest disappointment for me was the losing margin.
    Well it is flattering. We knew it was done and just shut up shop for a quarter. Losing margin helps me personally though, I can't sit back and stew on a missed shot at goal or a dodge free. We got hammered.

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to forget the margin. Everything that happened in the 4th is irrelevant.
    We lost this in 5 minutes in the 3rd, against the play. We can learn from that.,
    The 4th was just junk time, due to us having to go hail mary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Well it is flattering. We knew it was done and just shut up shop for a quarter. Losing margin helps me personally though, I can't sit back and stew on a missed shot at goal or a dodge free. We got hammered.
    Sometimes better to be hammered than lose by a goal
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I think we need to forget the margin. Everything that happened in the 4th is irrelevant.
    We lost this in 5 minutes in the 3rd, against the play. We can learn from that.,
    Good points YHF. The margin sucks and I hate seeing it but yeah it probably is irrelevant. There is no way they are a 12 goal better side.

Post Thanks / Like

Bollocks. The last Qtr was junk time. Margins in GF's are not important.
    We needed to posture super aggressively in the last Qtr and were always going to be opened up if things didn't go 120% our way.

Competition doesn't fear us... total bollocks Comrade....I get it's tough post GF loss... I've just spent 40 minutes consoling my crying son.....so I get it....
    There are 16 teams who were unable to get where we got to.
    Was the competition thinking they didn't fear Essendon at the end of 1983?
    I hope they don't fear us. More fool them.,
    16 other teams didn’t make it to the GF, just like those teams didn’t make it in 2000 or 2007 or 2019 etc etc. The comp didn’t fear those losing teams, for good reason. We finished 5th after home and away and had a good run through finals before being completely stomped on. We have numerous deficiencies that reared their head at the worst moment. We’re miles off.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone explain to me how we didn't turn up in the second half?

Post Thanks / Like

That's what disappoints me.

We rolled over after being 19 up. Weird.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Who can I *!*!*!*!ing blame for what I witnessed tonight? Because honestly going belly up halfway through the third and then conceding 70 points is just.. I'm lost for words.
    The players. Bevo. Sorry but they collectively laid an egg. This blowout is on them. They were rightfully praised for getting us here but need to cop their whack for an all-time embarrassing performance tonight. It’s up there with the worst ever. How will they respond? Who the hell knows. I can’t predict this group. It’s part of the fun but it also leads to shit like tonight. If the wind is blowing 25kmh we get belted. If it’s overcast we smash interstate team on their home deck by 70pts. I can’t figure this team out.

13. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We finished 5th after home and away and had a good run through finals before being completely stomped on. We have numerous deficiencies that reared their head at the worst moment. We’re miles off.
    I wasn't banking on our midfield group being one of the major deficiencies but they have curled their toes in critical moments a little too consistently in the last few seasons. Goes without saying that we didn't have the correct mix between attack and defence in the centre set-up in that critical last 10 mins of the 3rd qtr.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Good news, maybe my mum will be OK
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

16. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    16 other teams didn’t make it to the GF, just like those teams didn’t make it in 2000 or 2007 or 2019 etc etc. The comp didn’t fear those losing teams, for good reason. We finished 5th after home and away and had a good run through finals before being completely stomped on. We have numerous deficiencies that reared their head at the worst moment. We’re miles off.
    Enjoy the off season comrade. I'm looking forward to 2022.
    Isn't that the game. Some of us love the Dog's by viewing things as being half empty, some feel half full.
    I hope the club is feeling half full.. Cause jeez it's a shitty journey otherwise.
    Maybe I'm a silly dreamer, but I think we've got a very good path forward from here.

18. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I wasn't banking on our midfield group being one of the major deficiencies but they have curled their toes in critical moments a little too consistently in the last few seasons. Goes without saying that we didn't have the correct mix between attack and defence in the centre set-up in that critical last 10 mins of the 3rd qtr.
    For whatever reason, the worst of round 21-23 came to the fore in the last 45 minutes of the game. Pathetic capitulation that is at the feet of our key mids along with Bevo who couldn’t stem the tide. Just a pathetic capitulation to end the season.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

20. Likes Dry Rot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how we didn't turn up in the second half?
    We dominated the first 20 minutes after half time and had them on the rack for a short period.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the off season comrade. I'm looking forward to 2022.
    Isn't that the game. Some of us love the Dog's by viewing things as being half empty, some feel half full.
    I hope the club is feeling half full.. Cause jeez it's a shitty journey otherwise.
    Maybe I'm a silly dreamer, but I think we've got a very good path forward from here.
    ah - you lose a gf by the biggest second half margin in history...? There's no glass. Just shame. What is going on in here.

THAT WAS A GF!!!!