Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
    Post Thanks / Like

Roarke Smith’s journey from seven rookie contracts to the AFL grand final

Roarke Smith’s journey from seven rookie contracts to the AFL grand final

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...19-p58sy7.html

Sorry for the capitals in the thread title, for some reason it pasted across that way.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Thanks mjp, Insufficient Intent thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, choconmientay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Roarke Smith’s journey from seven rookie contracts to the AFL grand final

Great story. His improvement over the past two years in particular has been incredible. I posted earlier this year that he is just a reliable player...the way he plays now he would be best 22 at every club.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

4. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Roarke. Very happy to have you on the team. Looking forward to seeing you play.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I always believed in him. Please disregard any past posts of mine which might state otherwise.

Terrific story of a player hanging in there. I hope he gets a genuine contract for a couple more years.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

8. Likes Testekill, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to reward him with a senior spot and a proper contract
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Roarke is a good egg and as a character is probably well loved around the club.

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful story Roarke has played out
    His had to live on the edge with these Rookie contracts and his proven to be good enough
    Really good to hear he has some elite traits

I can see more upside with Him , hopefully a 3 goal game in the GF !

Well done Roarke ! I can see him grow into a cult figure at the club

Post Thanks / Like

Could Roarke our new Liam Picken? Seemingly a bit of a plotter who blossoms into a match winner. One can only hope
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Could Roarke our new Liam Picken? Seemingly a bit of a plotter who blossoms into a match winner. One can only hope
    I am very pro Roarke, but no. Picko would not have butchered 3-4 shots/forward opportunities last week. Picko was a dead set gun. Roarke is a great role player with good tools in the toolkit.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do feel nervous seeing an article like this and knowing Smith isn't 100% guaranteed a spot this weekend. Yes, he's highly likely to play but he's far from certain.

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    I do feel nervous seeing an article like this and knowing Smith isn't 100% guaranteed a spot this weekend. Yes, he's highly likely to play but he's far from certain.
    Agree, we could go with JJ and VDM and someone must miss
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

No way Roarke misses.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah with the fact that he got an article in the age and on the AFL website indicates to me that he's not missing.