Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  117
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Grand Final Day - what will you do?

We still have lock down in Melbourne and Sydney, so WOOFers activity on GF day may differ from city to city.

What will you be doing on Grand Final day to start with before the game?

Will you cook a special meal, have a pie and drinks or something else. Meet friends in the park for a picnic???

I normally do the cooking at home, but for GF I will order a special meal in. I will watch the pre-game activity on Ch7, and before that maybe a few old games including the last game against Melbourne?

It will be different to 2016, but need to make the most of it, as Grannies for us don't come around that often. My daughter may sneak over to join me, and stay the night (curfew).

Starting to get excited. Go Dogs !!
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Grand Final Day - what will you do?

I have a feeling many will decline to respond on the grounds that they don't wish to incriminate themselves!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I have a feeling many will decline to respond on the grounds that they don't wish to incriminate themselves!!!

Haha, I have

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

No comment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Totally forgot about curfew... thanks BAD.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I will be having a picnic with friends outside which is inside a house outside. An inside out picnic house. I don't care it's a GF!!!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

So do people have a BBQ, or something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So do people have a BBQ, or something else?
    Normally I am at a mates place for a BBQ. Last year I didn't do anything as I assume Melbourne was in lockdown.

I am actually at a loss what to do this Saturday. No idea what I will do... I'm not looking forward to the day dragging.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Normally I am at a mates place for a BBQ. Last year I didn't do anything as I assume Melbourne was in lockdown.

I am actually at a loss what to do this Saturday. No idea what I will do... I'm not looking forward to the day dragging.
    In previous years, didn't worry me as we weren't playing. This year will be different.

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Likely a BBQ / some signature dishes with fami-...myself.

During the early part of the day I might get a run and a workout in to get rid of a few nerves. Might even go for a kick!

But I'll try and settle in by the time the coverage starts to really take every minute in.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I’m gonna be grilling. I’m too much of a pussy to have anyone over but that’s a personal constitution problem as much as anything.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

8:45 get vaccinated
    9:15 drive past my folks and play the theme song from the car
    10:30 Grand Final parade bike ride, going to pull my daughter in the trailer around the estate to check out the other decorated houses, have her flag waving off the back. Bluetooth speaker playing Club themed music.
    Noon: Have a nap

From there I will eat the 4 Bulldog choc tops I ordered from the Sun Theatre, get stuck into some BBQ from Houston's in East Keilor, mix a highball or five, run a family/Peter Street Pocket Zoom call, watch us win a flag, go nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

In Brisbane so no restrictions on numbers etc. But also not everyone is that into the footy so it won’t be a rager.

I hadn’t thought much about pre-game. But this is prob what it looks like:

- Friday night: a few beers with my neighbour watching NRL prelim.
    - Sat morning: local park run to kill time. If I’m feeling up to it, I might even go for a long run. Battling a few niggles though.
    - Sat mid-morning: I’ll have chores to do, that much is certain. I’ll be banking brownie points for later!
    - Sat-midday: will chuck on 2016 GF. See if my girls (9,7,4) have any interest.
    - Sat-arvo: Pre-game from ASAP. Maybe watch some of the Storm v Panthers NRL
    - From 6pm: I have about 6-7 mates coming over. I have a good set up with a decent sized deck and a projector to view it on. We’ll order in pizza and it’ll be nerves, banter, beer and fear for an hour before the match.
    - Game on: I’ll be nervous… I’ll be trying not to get drunk. At least not during the game. I want to enjoy it. Plus my 2 eldest are going to try and stay up… so, responsibility and all that!

I’m really looking forward to it. The match mostly, but the build up and gathering should be a blast too.

18. Likes josie, bornadog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've ordered the Barkers grazing hamper so I won't have to cook. Just me, husband, and daughter at home with some quiet champies to watch us triumph. Sister-in-law wanted us all to go 30km to her place but that's not going to happen.

20. Likes SonofScray, bornadog, EasternWest liked this post