Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  117
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Grand Final Day - what will you do?

Heading to a pub in London for 10 am and hoping we win

Post Thanks / Like

Ordering some good food to be delivered, a Shinobu 15 year whisky and watching the game with my family.
    Not moving from the sofa from 6:30

3. Likes azabob, EasternWest, jeemak, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Ordering some good food to be delivered, a Shinobu 15 year whisky and watching the game with my family.
    Not moving from the sofa from 6:30
    You can eat !?

Post Thanks / Like

You can’t normally stream the footy on the 7+ app via a Telstra TV, assuming they’ll make the relevant changes this week for Saturday night…..I’ll make their lives unbearable with complaints if they don’t (no antenna in our lounge room)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    What’s a pub?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    The late start is definitely a friendlier timeslot for you, I remember a 5am or so start when I was there.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m kind of at a loss as to what to do TBH, aside from making sure I’m watching.

We’ve got Aussie friends in our building with kids the same age as ours, might invite them up for pizza and to watch. He’s a ex-Sydney rugby man through and through, but in the last couple of months he’s taken quite the interest in the Bulldogs - I might yet get a convert!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    I’m kind of at a loss as to what to do TBH, aside from making sure I’m watching.

We’ve got Aussie friends in our building with kids the same age as ours, might invite them up for pizza and to watch. He’s a ex-Sydney rugby man through and through, but in the last couple of months he’s taken quite the interest in the Bulldogs - I might yet get a convert!
    Are you still in Singapore? How do you watch games?

When I worked in Taiwan and Singapore many years ago, we were at one stage getting live games through Australia TV which I don't think exists anymore.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We have nice neighbours BUT she is a self entitled Melbourne member who continually told my wife throughout the year when Melbourne were on top. This week takes the cake. She says to my wife that she won't feel sorry for her when Melbourne wins. This is all happening in a little seaside town in central Qld mind you. The obvious question comes out "would we like to join them for the GF". No freaking way I said to my wife. I have just filled the tree facing their property with a multitude of scarves and doggy stuff. My only response to her is going to be when we beat the Deeeees with a simple phone call. "Sorry Karen". Yes her name is Karen which makes it even more hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Are you still in Singapore? How do you watch games?

When I worked in Taiwan and Singapore many years ago, we were at one stage getting live games through Australia TV which I don't think exists anymore.
    Yup, still in Singa and Australia TV showing AFL is still a thing. The biggest frustration watching it on that channel (because I’ve been too lazy to organize anything else) is that as soon as the siren sounds they cut the coverage and go to Gardening Australia! I like Costa as much as anyone, but we could get a little vision post siren??
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

12. Likes bornadog, josie, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Yup, still in Singa and Australia TV showing AFL is still a thing. The biggest frustration watching it on that channel (because I’ve been too lazy to organize anything else) is that as soon as the siren sounds they cut the coverage and go to Gardening Australia! I like Costa as much as anyone, but we could get a little vision post siren??
    When I was in Taiwan in the 90s, one day I switched the Cable TV on and suddenly there was a live game from Whitten Oval v Geelong on. I couldn't believe it and had to look out the window to make sure I was still in Taipei. Those days there was no internet, and I could only get games on the short wave radio.

In 1997, I listened to the prelim on short wave as Australia TV didn't show the prelim live. At 3/4 time, I said to my wife, we are 30 min from a GF I had also prebooked flights to go back to Australia

Hopefully we get a win on Saturday.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Bulldog4life, josie, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    When I was in Taiwan in the 90s, one day I switched the Cable TV on and suddenly there was a live game from Whitten Oval v Geelong on. I couldn't believe it and had to look out the window to make sure I was still in Taipei. Those days there was no internet, and I could only get games on the short wave radio.

In 1997, I listened to the prelim on short wave as Australia TV didn't show the prelim live. At 3/4 time, I said to my wife, we are 30 min from a GF I had also prebooked flights to go back to Australia

Hopefully we get a win on Saturday.
    Everyone it's BAD's fault!!!!!!!

I knew someone would eventually own up to it and it was HIM!!!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Worst day ever. I cried like a small man baby child person.

Stuck in the old Northern stand with Crows ferals *shudder*...
    Their song still gives me chills.

Thanks bad!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Don't worry, my wife never lets me forget. Even during these finals, if I predict something

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll be watching on one TV upstairs in my house - Go Dogs! - watched all 3 finals there and we have won so expecting the 4th win which will give us the premiership.

My mum and grandma who are Demons supporters - watching it downstairs on the TV.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"