Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ‘Quiet, but kind of deadly’: Bulldog nicknamed the Cassowary makes his mark

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    The cassowary and Pauline Hanson are both from Queensland and volatile. Coincidence?
    Cassowarys are magnificent. Pauline not so much.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Cassowarys are magnificent. Pauline not so much.
    Maybe more a LyreBird, has a long tail to tell.

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Birds are amazing. Full stop. In Hanoi I rarely saw them, I lived there for sixteen months and there just weren't any birds or any bird songs in the metropolitan area. It's something you miss, especially when you return home and have benders and there's literally no other sound outside as the sun is coming up, other than bird songs.

Mitch, as I've said before, kind of reminds me a bit of Josh Bruce last year. Struggled to get fit enough early to mid season, and struggled to fit in with the highly technical way we play the game. Mitch now seems in tune with what we do as a team and is benefitting from it, and he seems super fit on the back of playing full games within a full season.

There's not many sledges that annoy me on the field of play (I targeted players with some pretty nasty and non-PC stuff when I played), but what he was subjected to against Melbourne at the MCG this year was really poor. The nature of it showed me what Melbourne players are really like and I hope Mitch gets to *!*!*!*! them Saturday like he did that night.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Birds are amazing. Full stop. In Hanoi I rarely saw them, I lived there for sixteen months and there just weren't any birds or any bird songs in the metropolitan area. It's something you miss, especially when you return home and have benders and there's literally no other sound outside as the sun is coming up, other than bird songs.

Mitch, as I've said before, kind of reminds me a bit of Josh Bruce last year. Struggled to get fit enough early to mid season, and struggled to fit in with the highly technical way we play the game. Mitch now seems in tune with what we do as a team and is benefitting from it, and he seems super fit on the back of playing full games within a full season.

There's not many sledges that annoy me on the field of play (I targeted players with some pretty nasty and non-PC stuff when I played), but what he was subjected to against Melbourne at the MCG this year was really poor. The nature of it showed me what Melbourne players are really like and I hope Mitch gets to *!*!*!*! them Saturday like he did that night.
    What did they say?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    What did they say?
    My understanding is they referred to him being a Casey player at best.

8. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post