Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned finals week four 2021 Grand Final v Melbourne

Tell us three things you've learned for one last time in 2021.

And GO BULLDOGS!!!!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned finals week four 2021 Grand Final v Melbourne

1 - Our best is very good but we work harder for scoreboard results than we should have to.
    2 - We need to have a a serious look at all aspects of the footy department. There are a few tweaks to the playing list we need to make and some footy philosophies that need to be tested.
    3 - No excuses for tonight's performance we just didn't anwser the challenge.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We desperately need a ruckman.
    2. We've had a great year, but we've seen how much better we need to be.
    3. Christian Petracca is actually awesome.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Desperately need a good ruckman and defender. Huge test for Sam Power
    2. Need good sports psychology to avoid the scar tissue
    3. 19 points up. Lose 2-1 in well under a half
    4. I wish Hannan 55m out in the third did a lot better than a 11m lateral kick. Goal there and who knows.
    5. Not watching Fox Footy until the draft and watching us get Sam Darcy in the top 3
    6. Watching us get beaten by more than double before millions makes me sick, along with Fritsch kicking a bag
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    4. I wish Hannan 55m out in the third did a lot better than a 11m lateral kick. Goal there and who knows.
    5. Not watching Fox Footy until the draft and watching us get Sam Darcy in the top 3
    Haven't we been calling out for this for a few years now? I know many thought we had enough talls even before Bruce and Keath arrived but it's been an ongoing challenge for us for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Haven't we been calling out for this for a few years now? I know many thought we had enough talls even before Bruce and Keath arrived but it's been an ongoing challenge for us for a while.
    Well. We can do this again, or improve the list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

6. Watching us get beaten by more than double before millions makes me sick, along with Fritsch kicking a bag
    We actually have a good defender in Gardner. Not sure what he did wrong through the finals series to get dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

Well. We can do this again, or improve the list.
    This is the challenge, I think we've been improving the list but not necessarily addressing the concerns.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the most embarrassing second half in GF history.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Luke Jackson and PEtracaca are phenomenal players. Jackson destroyed us in the ruck in the 10 mins in the 3rd Quarter.
    His quick and extremely agile with good skills. Petracca speed and power is elite his probably the best in the comp. Jackson was the ace in that Bevo did not account for. He jumped all over MArtin, and English just went missing when it matter. The whole Melbourne team is so even, and rarely make a mistake.

2. We need to find a way to stop the bleeding in centre clearances, its our achilles heal.

3. Selection favorites don't cut it in a GF. The deficiencies in Cordy's game showed tonight, but it did not help that the ball was being coming in at full throttle. Wood sadly is done. His lost his speed and leap. The game does not slow down in finals. Gardner should have played ahead of Cordy.

4. There are deficiencies in our list and we need to go hard to pushing our players to be elite, and cover those gaps.

We have done extremely well to get here, but second does not matter in GF.

14. Likes Mutz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The gratitude I feel to the club and the team hasn't diminished at all, because this is a year like no other. It's been a very entertaining season, add a time when we easily could've had the season canceled.
    2. Jason has proved himself in the best 22 when I thought he was definitely out.
    3. Melbourne were a better team throughout the whole season by a bit more than I thought. We have some gaps to fill.

For me I think it does prove something being able to get into a grand final. Ask those who can't and continually haven't for season after season. There's a lot about a system that is going right.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

16. Likes divvydan, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    1. Luke Jackson and PEtracaca are phenomenal players. Jackson destroyed us in the ruck in the 10 mins in the 3rd Quarter.
    His quick and extremely agile with good skills. Petracca speed and power is elite his probably the best in the comp. Jackson was the ace in that Bevo did not account for. He jumped all over MArtin, and English just went missing when it matter. The whole Melbourne team is so even, and rarely make a mistake.

2. We need to find a way to stop the bleeding in centre clearances, its our achilles heal.

3. Selection favorites don't cut it in a GF. The deficiencies in Cordy's game showed tonight, but it did not help that the ball was being coming in at full throttle. Wood sadly is done. His lost his speed and leap. The game does not slow down in finals. Gardner should have played ahead of Cordy.

4. There are deficiencies in our list and we need to go hard to pushing our players to be elite, and cover those gaps.

Well thought out post and your points are spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    1. The gratitude I feel to the club and the team hasn't diminished at all, because this is a year like no other. It's been a very entertaining season, add a time when we easily could've had the season canceled.
    2. Jason has proved himself in the best 22 when I thought he was definitely out.
    3. Melbourne were a better team throughout the whole season by a bit more than I thought. We have some gaps to fill.

For me I think it does prove something being able to get into a grand final. Ask those who can't and continually haven't for season after season. There's a lot about a system that is going right.
    Another great post. Absolutely spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post

I can't deal with this shit we had them on ice.

Anyone else watching the game I was?

20. Likes azabob, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We’re miles off the best in the league

That’s all that matters. Power, Bevo and co need to find improvement. That’s all there is to it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.