Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Grand Final Edition 2021 vs Melbourne

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's Grand Final against Melbourne. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Grand Final Edition 2021 vs Melbourne

Hannan at 55m kicking laterally 11m to Dale. Kick a goal with the control we had, who knows.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

B.Smith misses the pass, and James Harmes charges through , grabs the ball on the 50 m line and goals. IT swung the momentum.

Then the next 3 goals in 90 seconds destroyed us. The last one with 15 seconds to go in the 3rd quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    B.Smith misses the pass, and James Harmes charges through , grabs the ball on the 50 m line and goals. IT swung the momentum.

Then the next 3 goals in 90 seconds destroyed us. The last one with 15 seconds to go in the 3rd quarter
    That’s it for me too. If things had been different and we managed to stop all scoring for a bit at that point it’s a different match.

Such a shame. I’m so heartbroken

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post

That was it. They then created from the centre clearances. I felt so confident before that. Thought we had them.

Post Thanks / Like

**deleted**
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 30-09-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cale Daniel standing over gawn when he tackled him over the boundary. Swit was flicked game over
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

The clearance goal they kicked in 15 seconds with 30 seconds left in the 3rd. Boys totally dropped their heads after that
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Last 50 seconds of the 3rd qtr to concede 3 goals when we were under siege but still almost level pegging. The Petracca dribble kick particularly stung.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache getting polaxed. Not sure he got near it after that, when it should have been another strong mark and goal in a performance that was building as the game wore on. Probably the only sliding doors type moment where I’m feeling filthy with the umpires. A goal there would have gone some way to mitigating the disastrous capitulation that followed not too long after.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Last 50 seconds of the 3rd qtr to concede 3 goals when we were under siege but still almost level pegging. The Petracca dribble kick particularly stung.
    That was the game, gone in 60 seconds.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep the last minute of the 3rd quarter was the moment for me.

I thought we looked on top but never in control of the 3rd quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Schache getting polaxed. Not sure he got near it after that, when it should have been another strong mark and goal in a performance that was building as the game wore on. Probably the only sliding doors type moment where I’m feeling filthy with the umpires. A goal there would have gone some way to mitigating the disastrous capitulation that followed not too long after.
    Yep… that was a big moment.

The 15-20sec of play that led to the Brayshaw goal was crucial too. The Daniel kick along the ground, the Petracca throw and then the hack kick that went to Brayshaw. We really needed to take the pace out of the gabs at that stage and it was a cluster *!*!*!*!.

Post Thanks / Like

That last 3 mins of the 3rd was possibly the most heart wrenching I’ve ever watched of us. It was literally shattering.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. Melbourne were always going to surge in the third. Our job was to hold them. The fact they kicked 4 straight to hit the front and then another should have had alarm bells ringing. With 50 seconds to go in the quarter we needed to line up on the defensive side of the ruck contest and kill it. We didn't and the rest is history. It wasn't just disappopinting, it was deer in the headlights stuff!