Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  119
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where's the pain ?

Shattered.
    I feel like putting on every social media outlet…”I hope all those Melb members who voted for the hawks/dees merger in 1996 is enjoying this hypocritical premiership”…but I’m better than that
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

start thinking about next season already. Into it!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

4. Likes SonofScray, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’m pretty flat. I have no idea what happened after we dominated the game for a quarter and a half but there’s absolutely no chance I’m gonna look into it to find out.

The Dees ripping off that celebration has pissed me off so bad what is actually wrong with them. I think I need a detox.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really felt worse after prelim losses.
    I feel like our problems are obvious and easily solvable.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes chef, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I refuse to watch any footy shows, or read the papers and I am struggling reading some comments on hear (not the fault of anyone, just don't want to know about it).

My biggest issue was not just the loss, but the margin.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes SonofScray, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I really felt worse after prelim losses.
    I feel like our problems are obvious and easily solvable.
    They may well be, but damn, Grand Finals are so hard to make.

It seems every year our problems are solvable, for once I’d like us to solve them!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I refuse to watch any footy shows, or read the papers and I am struggling reading some comments on hear (not the fault of anyone, just don't want to know about it).

I’m deleting Twitter and Instagram so I stop punishing myself.

Reading woof is cathartic, as we all are hurting and dealing in different ways - which is what I need right now.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

The margin is the hardest thing to grapple with, considering how quickly it got away from us. Tells a very different story to what I thought I was watching.

Post Thanks / Like

Same BD. Not up to any form of media and socials at this time.

I don’t want to read or see anything externally that will further spike my emotions.
    The completely biased channel 7 special comments were more than I could handle.

We did capitulate midway through the third. Whilst the margin will haunt us for many years, for mine it’s more about identifying and addressing how our tank ran completely dry in the 3rd.

15. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am super flat today.

The margin sucks but that was more about how we looked visibly defeated after those horror few minutes to finish the 3rd. The last quarter you could see half our guys were going half pace and there would be no fightback. That was pretty disappointing and left a bit of a sour taste for me.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. It’s the margin and how we just rolled over. A loss hurts no matter what but if Melbourne outplayed us and we gave it a shot then so be it. Tip your hat. But we got blown out because we refused to fight and do anything about their clearance dominance. That’s what I’m disappointed with. It’s a grand final for crying out loud. What we dishes up half way through the 3rd term was reminiscent of a bottom side in the middle of July.

18. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So flat. 3 goals up in the 3rd!! I mean… I just can’t believe it.

I’m really really sad, frustrated and annoyed.

Post Thanks / Like

Our guys lost a lot of trust from me last night.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

21. Likes SonofScray, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    So flat. 3 goals up in the 3rd!! I mean… I just can’t believe it.

I’m really really sad, frustrated and annoyed.
    Same. At 19 points up I was honestly thinking we were up to our necks in the game. A few more goals for the 3rd and we could’ve been that 4 goal buffer we would’ve desired at 3 quarter time. What happened from there are things of nightmares. I was sitting there completely shell shocked how that last 3 mins of the 3rd obliterated our whole season. Our belief evaporated in a click of a finger. It was gone. It was over. The candle had been blown out. I couldn’t bring myself to watch it after their very early goal in the 4th. I couldn’t take the disappointment anymore, and then seeing the final score this morning, I was just in complete shock. 9 goals to 1 in the final quarter of a GF. I’m so glad I didn’t see it. Now I have to deal with my Melb mate who is over there, celebrating by his Facebook posts, while I’m here in tassie thinking what might have been.
    Flat is not the 4 letter word I’d use.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Like a few others have said, the last quarter, so therfor the final margin, is a bit irrelevant to me. More often than not one team succumbs late in the last quarter when they realise the hope is gone.

I want to talk about why our midfield didn't adjust and the mindset that didn't move to a more defensive set-up when Melbourne got on a roll. I also want to talk about why the backline couldn't defend better during the onslaught.

I won't be listening too much to the media but perhaps they may answer those questions for me.

I'm dirty that we didn't play well when it counted but the benchmark I had at the start of the season for the team was a finals win and we did so much better than that. It's shocking the way we capitulated but the actual margin doesn't mean that much to me because its more about how we dropped our bundle and succumbed so easily.

I'd rather discuss this with my WOOF brothers and sisters at the moment.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

24. Likes josie liked this post