Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  119
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where's the pain ?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The dislike is his punchable head, not his talent
    I mean, I get your point but westbulldog literally just said Fritsch "wasn't that good".
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fritsch would be our best forward. He's a gun.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

My brother bravely rewatched the match and said Wood was his opponent and that 4 of his goals were from virtually uncontested marks where Easton lagged miles behind.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    My brother bravely rewatched the match and said Wood was his opponent and that 4 of his goals were from virtually uncontested marks where Easton lagged miles behind.
    I don't want to get too sucked into the debate over SSEW except to say a number of his gaols, Usain Bolt wouldn't have stopped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I don't want to get too sucked into the debate over SSEW except to say a number of his gaols, Usain Bolt wouldn't have stopped.
    I'll get sucked into the debate then and understand your predicament, but SSEW got badly shown up in 2 of our finals so the question needs to be asked on what he offers us going forward if he can't lockdown on the opposition's most dangerous mid sized forward?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'll get sucked into the debate then and understand your predicament, but SSEW got badly shown up in 2 of our finals so the question needs to be asked on what he offers us going forward if he can't lockdown on the opposition's most dangerous mid sized forward?
    Oh no I agree that he should probably retire, I mean I didn't want to get sucked into the conversation thinking my natural bias mean I'm defending him.

Only that Fritsch got silver service on a number of occasions.

That being said, I don't think SSEW was that bad in the GF and no way in hell am I going back to verify that claim.

8. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no I agree that he should probably retire, I mean I didn't want to get sucked into the conversation thinking my natural bias mean I'm defending him.

Only that Fritsch got silver service on a number of occasions.

That being said, I don't think SSEW was that bad in the GF and no way in hell am I going back to verify that claim.
    Fair call.

I'm going to do it... in my own mind I still don't really know what the hell happened on Saturday so I want to watch it again... once I've done it and made peace with it I'll be burn the tape, but I'm hoping that part of the cleansing process is to watch it again, understand from my own perspective where it went wrong and then move on... happy to share my thoughts.

And agree that SSEW probably wasn't that bad, but he definitely wasn't good and with his history of injuries it's time we looked elsewhere as it's going to be another tough journey to get back to this position again... and I have no confidence his body will get him there.

10. Likes EasternWest, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Fair call.

I'm going to do it... in my own mind I still don't really know what the hell happened on Saturday so I want to watch it again... once I've done it and made peace with it I'll be burn the tape, but I'm hoping that part of the cleansing process is to watch it again, understand from my own perspective where it went wrong and then move on... happy to share my thoughts.
    I salute your intestinal fortitude. You're a better man than me.

Post Thanks / Like

I salute your intestinal fortitude. You're a better man than me.
    I certainly can’t stomach it right now and I’m not sure I’ll ever feel like watching it

Post Thanks / Like

I watched 1 min of the last quarter live.
    1000% glad I didn’t see the rest.
    Never want to.
    Seeing that they kicked 9-1 goals was enough to know we were obliterated.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’m having a tough time with this. Lockdown sort of forces you to get wrapped up in footy too much and now I’m just depressed by the spectre of it. I can’t do list management chats and ruminating about defensive work at stoppages so think I might dip for a bit.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally I will log-on to WOOF and read thread after thread. Lapping up all the info I can get. Then Twitter, Insta and any other social media with info about the game. Win or lose. This one is tough. Chatting with EasternWest yesterday all I could say was I’m flat. I still am. But my son giving me a huge hug as Melbourne lifted the Cup and thanking me for taking him to his first GF … kind of numbs it a bit.
    WOOF Member 422

17. Likes jeemak, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah I’m having a tough time with this. Lockdown sort of forces you to get wrapped up in footy too much and now I’m just depressed by the spectre of it. I can’t do list management chats and ruminating about defensive work at stoppages so think I might dip for a bit.
    Completely understand - I’ve done exactly the same thing, thrown myself into a glorious September bulldogs run, because what else is there to do in lockdown?

And so losing has felt pretty damn deflating particularly for supporters like us who know we care more than we should or is perhaps sensible.

We all deal with this stuff in our own way. I need some of the list management stuff to distract me and then I’ll watch the best and fairest on Wednesday but maybe take a break after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Normally I will log-on to WOOF and read thread after thread. Lapping up all the info I can get. Then Twitter, Insta and any other social media with info about the game. Win or lose. This one is tough. Chatting with EasternWest yesterday all I could say was I’m flat. I still am. But my son giving me a huge hug as Melbourne lifted the Cup and thanking me for taking him to his first GF … kind of numbs it a bit.
    I suspect you are in the majority.

I don't know about others but Woof has felt like a bit f a ghost town to me post Grand Final. Normally we are seething on here after a loss and the post count goes through the roof, discussion ramped up today but yesterday must've been the quietest "day following a game" in years.

*Don't disprove this with stats please Gary.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    I suspect you are in the majority.

I don't know about others but Woof has felt like a bit f a ghost town to me post Grand Final. Normally we are seething on here after a loss and the post count goes through the roof, discussion ramped up today but yesterday must've been the quietest "day following a game" in years.

*Don't disprove this with stats please Gary.

Ah I see. You want me to do it, don't you?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

21. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post