Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  119
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where's the pain ?

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Here’s the Glass half empty…

I’m certain in 1961 people thought that we’d get a few other cracks at it soon enough.
    That to me is the scariest feeling. Maybe this was it. Maybe in my whole life I get to see the doggies play in 2 GF's (one live and one of TV) and that's it. I am gutted, angry, disappointed, bemused and the longer it fades the more and more I think we missed an opportunity - 3 goals up in a GF - you don't lose by 72 points from there......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    And all they talk about is Pickett this and Pickett that. Not sure who had him Saturday, think it was Wood, and only given half the amount of work put into him that we did with Pickett.
    Dureya had Pickett

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    That to me is the scariest feeling. Maybe this was it. Maybe in my whole life I get to see the doggies play in 2 GF's (one live and one of TV) and that's it. I am gutted, angry, disappointed, bemused and the longer it fades the more and more I think we missed an opportunity - 3 goals up in a GF - you don't lose by 72 points from there......
    In 2018 we spent most of the season in the bottom four (check this- I’m relying on memory). From there to the grand final is a miracle and the list can improve. I expect us to be close next year.

Who is good enough to stop us?

4. Likes Twodogs, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Think we have Melbourne as our main rivals for a few years, would love to see revenge next year
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostDog View Post
    Think we have Melbourne as our main rivals for a few years, would love to see revenge next year
    I would love to knock them out in a Prelim.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Funke disco, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I may have a bias not allowing me to see things for how they truly sit, but I believe we will have their measure next year. It's all about finishing in the top 4, preferably top 2, then launching from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    I may have a bias not allowing me to see things for how they truly sit, but I believe we will have their measure next year. It's all about finishing in the top 4, preferably top 2, then launching from there.
    They surely won't have as charmed a run with injuries again either. I wonder if Burgess leaving will hurt them on that front?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    This is the key, we have to finish top 4.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The way they’re going right now they might do a bulldogs in 2017.

Still think they fall apart if they get an injury. Imagine if we had not a single injury all year? My god I can’t even comprehend that sort of luck. It’s bloody easy to maintain structures and chemistry when you play with the same 20-21 blokes for 25 weeks. We were lucky to have 3-4 with the same guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The way they’re going right now they might do a bulldogs in 2017.

Still think they fall apart if they get an injury. Imagine if we had not a single injury all year? My god I can’t even comprehend that sort of luck. It’s bloody easy to maintain structures and chemistry when you play with the same 20-21 blokes for 25 weeks. We were lucky to have 3-4 with the same guys.
    Makes a difference. 2017 we had huge injuries we couldn't cover. Richmond went through 3 years virtually no injuries until this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Fritsch looks like a smug private school kid but he seemed more joyful and less cheeky than say Weightman

Melbourne beat us because 6-6-6 stopped us clogging the game up. None of us wants to watch a game 9 goals to 7 every week, the better team on the day rightly won and defensive structures are deliberately impossible against centre clearances. That's actually why we made it so far

We had to play 4 finals and quarantine but our high energy game style was also a factor. Numbers to the contest in lieu of dominant talls is hard to maintain for 4 quarters
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Fritsch looks like a smug private school kid but he seemed more joyful and less cheeky than say Weightman

Melbourne beat us because 6-6-6 stopped us clogging the game up. None of us wants to watch a game 9 goals to 7 every week, the better team on the day rightly won and defensive structures are deliberately impossible against centre clearances. That's actually why we made it so far

We had to play 4 finals and quarantine but our high energy game style was also a factor. Numbers to the contest in lieu of dominant talls is hard to maintain for 4 quarters
    He does have that look. Funny thing is he is from Coldstream me worked as a sparky before getting drafted.

15. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching it now I didn't think I could

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Shaq started off so well, Weightman doesn't try to mark he kicks out first