Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  119
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Where's the pain ?

I am gutted.

I feel sick.

I want to vomit.

I don't know what to say; what do i say?

We had it.

My pain is flowing from every Bulldogs orifice in my body.

This is worse than Prelim losses.

I'm struggling with my DOGS identity.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where's the pain ?

There is pain. This hurts to the soul. But this team has brought me so much joy throughout what has been a terrible year for this city. I love this club. I love what it stands for. I love how it has survived. I love how it won the 2016 Premiership. I love that we have played in two GFs in five years (which was unthinkable when I was growing up).

So yes. We capitulated at the most critical time. An amazing football team got a hold of us. We were not the only team this happened to. Our best wasn't good enough tonight.

But there can only be won winner. It isn't us today.

You win some. You lose some. That is life. We have a chance to prove the world wrong now. How you react and handle things in adversity says more about your character than when things go your way.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be a slow burn for me. I a, flat and it hurts, but not like 97, or 09.

We were there, our best looked good enough, just not for long enough. I anticipated someone getting flogged and think if that game is played 10 times, we win the flag 4 times over. Lots to unpack, but just not our day in the end. They put 10 minutes of absolutely perfect football together against the run of play and broke us. That we broke is what hurts the most.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Might be a slow burn for me. I a, flat and it hurts, but not like 97, or 09.

We were there, our best looked good enough, just not for long enough. I anticipated someone getting flogged and think if that game is played 10 times, we win the flag 4 times over. Lots to unpack, but just not our day in the end. They put 10 minutes of absolutely perfect football together against the run of play and broke us. That we broke is what hurts the most.
    Nailed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone will have there own way of coping with this loss but I'm feeling like angelopetraglia. It will make the next flag much more special.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When your brown beaten that Melbourne is a certain win for two weeks straight I went into this game expecting a loss, it's alot easier to swallow if you expect defeat..

I'm sure once I sober up tomorrow and have to go to work and deal with my Melbourne supporting work mates it'll hurt alot more.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I get it bro. I feel it. I’m just not articulating it. I think there’s ten of thousands of members and fans feeling the same. I think my coping mechanism is to focus on how we improve and go one better. No words can give us back a rolled gold opportunity. But we all cope with it differently. Doesn’t mean we don’t feel it too, just perhaps we articulate it differently. But I’m hearing you and not going to argue the counter. Just have to hope it stings less as the days drag out more.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon lost the 1983 Grand Final by 83 points. They went back to back in 84 & 85.

Hawthorn lost the GF in 2012 (after stealing one in 2008). They used that as motivation to go and do a threepeat in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

Hopefully we can use this as a springboard.

10. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes boydogs, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Essendon lost the 1983 Grand Final by 83 points. They went back to back in 84 & 85.

Hawthorn lost the GF in 2012 (after stealing one in 2008). They used that as motivation to go and do a threepeat in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

Hopefully we can use this as a springboard.
    Hawthorn traded aggressively. We gave them Lake for nothing to secure that. We too need to aggressively trade to improve our fortunes next year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m upset but not devastated. Perhaps without 2016 I’d be devastated. Looks like the players hit a brick wall. And we were not able to counter centre clearances or reliably stick tackles, whether that’s on the coaches or players or both I do not know. For me it’s how the players and the club respond next year I’m interested in. I’m hoping they get off the canvas and are driven to improve.

Somehow the PF losses for me felt worse. Still really proud of the amazing 3 finals wins this year. I’ve accepted Dees were much better tonight than us and had more steely reserve then I thought they were capable of. Also worried we could fall short against them for a few years more. Their star power is damn good and they fielded a younger and less experienced side then ours. Without a ruck combo that could counter Gawn and Jackson and our inability to stop Petracca and Oliver waltzing out of the middle we were like the boy with his finger in the dike.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely hurts right now. I’m gutted. All week I kept saying I don’t want to lose a close one. I don’t want to forever relay moments over in my head ala 97 and 09. But I never expected this. Never expected an absolute belting. But what’s worse and most gobsmacking is how it unfolded straight after being all over them halfway through the 3rd. From almost 4 goals down to almost 4 goals up and on a roll whilst dominating to then just stop…..I’m speechless. I have no words. I’ve never seen anything like it. I don’t understand. I don’t get it. Melbourne are good but they’re not that good. We just rolled over and let them do whatever they wanted. This season has gone their way for every second. They deserve it but I’ve never seen such luck in my life.

This one will take some time to digest. It’s a weird one. Close losses really hurt. This one will just eat away for a while.

I’ll need to find a new hobby this summer to take my mind away from this club. Need a bit of a refresh. As it stands right now. I can’t and don’t trust this team. No matter when. No matter what. They could dish up anything. That needs to change. We need to become more resilient and stick fat when things aren’t going our way. The midfield needs more balance. The forward line needs more balance. The defence needs more balance. We’re so close yet so far.

Overall, im just….confused. Our clubs personality is so bipolar.

15. Likes ReLoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    When your brown beaten that Melbourne is a certain win for two weeks straight I went into this game expecting a loss, it's alot easier to swallow if you expect defeat..

I'm sure once I sober up tomorrow and have to go to work and deal with my Melbourne supporting work mates it'll hurt alot more.
    Mcdonald and Brown would struggle at Gold Coast.

This is one of the great failures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I’m upset but not devastated. Perhaps without 2016 I’d be devastated. Looks like the players hit a brick wall. And we were not able to counter centre clearances or reliably stick tackles, whether that’s on the coaches or players or both I do not know. For me it’s how the players and the club respond next year I’m interested in. I’m hoping they get off the canvas and are driven to improve.

Somehow the PF losses for me felt worse. Still really proud of the amazing 3 finals wins this year. I’ve accepted Dees were much better tonight than us and had more steely reserve then I thought they were capable of. Also worried we could fall short against them for a few years more. Their star power is damn good and they fielded a younger and less experienced side then ours. Without a ruck combo that could counter Gawn and Jackson and our inability to stop Petracca and Oliver waltzing out of the middle we were like the boy with his finger in the dike.
    Yeah I’m not yet hurting like after a close loss. It’s more disappointment than anything right now. Disappointment and loss of trust and faith. It’s gonna take a fair bit for this team to gain that back. Our last three weeks of the home and away season and tonight’s second half just prove we don’t quite have our shit together yet. This midfield should be smashing everyone else’s, yet it randomly rolls over and doesn’t give a whimper. That needs to stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Worst day in my 42 years as a member.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Worst day in my 42 years as a member.
    97 and 09 hurt way more for me. But the disappointment tonight is greater. We need to be better. No denying that. We’ve got a lot of work to do this off-season but we’ll never get tonight back. Laid a big fat stinking egg. Covid has thrown up all sorts of shit and this is another weird one. Never seen a gf performance like it. It’s why I’m putting an asterisk on this season