Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  119
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where's the pain ?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I don't even know what the final margin was. Had to turn it off after they kicked their 10th in a row.
    Haha, I did the same. I didn't want to see those pricks celebrating, or hear that crummy song.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I left the game early, had a cocky band wagon jumping demons supporter in our area stirring people up
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I’m still trying to process what the *!*!*!*! happened in those last 45min last night… I’ve never seen a game turn so quickly. One minute I’m starting to think we’re going to win and then BANG we’re 4 goals down and despondent.

I feel apathetic to it all and whilst I feel quite measured about a footy game and are to put it in context… but the last 18 months has been so bloody hard and this just feels like another kick in the teeth.

I’ll watch with interest on the fallout and how we respond…. We have lots of good people at the club so they need to get to work to get us to take the next step.

5. Likes The Underdog, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Was too much to expect that these pig scum pricks would have a bit of class. I would encourage us all to not behave like Swans fans and sook about it for years though. I’m not happy for them or there fans, they don’t need that from me, they just won a flag. That’s enough.

When I was playing, if that got leaked, next crack at the opponent would have been a blood bath. Just hope our boys understand that they put themselves in a position to be mocked and find another few gears to get on the other side of the equation.

Agree. We live rent free in their heads. They were thinking about us when they should have been thinking about themselves and celebrating their Premiership. Next time we play them I hope we sit half a dozen of them on their arses and Libba goes full beast mode.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Having overcome all the obstacles placed in our way the Club can be proud of making it the the Grand Final. It was a wonderful effort to get there, 16 clubs didn't. Credit and thanks goes to everyone involved from players to management, coaches, trainers, admin staff - everyone. It may have simply been a bridge too far for us on the day after all we had been through, we were there for 2 1/2 quarters. It seems in hindsight that the three late season losses cost us dearly. I was fortunate enough to be at the game (thanks to Merantau and his family) so I will share my observations for what they are worth.

Melbourne were ready for us and applied first 1/4 pressure, they cut off any smooth avenues out of defence. I suspect there was Choko Williams influence there.
    Bailey Williams fumbled and gifted them 2 first 1/4 goals but he is a fine player, he had an excellent season and those errors were uncharacteristic.
    Our second 1/4 was sublime, inspired and led by the best Captain in the AFL and Adam Treloar.
    When Melbourne came back late in the 3rd 1/4 it was significant, and suicidal, that Bontempelli was on the bench.
    When their avalanche was in its infancy I didn't see any change of focus or direction to stop it, no extra players were deployed in defence. Coaching failure.
    When their avalanche was in full swing nobody stood up, nobody, so the margin blew out, it was catastrophic, bewildering, disgraceful, embarrassing and demands an uncompromising dissection of their every goal in that period.
    Wood, Martin, Hannan and Cordy were ineffectual, got towelled up comprehensively and should not imo be a part of 2022.
    Weightman was a rabbit in the headlights on the big stage, he will learn from that and deliver in the future.
    Alex Keath was not moving freely and was not fully fit imo.
    JJ has been a great player and clubman for us but the trade table may beckon.
    The list players not involved were watching from a room at the back of level 1, not far from where I was sitting. Ryan Gardner must have been spewing.
    If the influence of Gawn and Jackson doesn't spur us to recruit an A grade ruck nothing will. Gawn was kicking for goal at one end and literally a minute later was competing in defence. He is incredibly mobile and skilled.
    We do need an A grade KPD, most woofers are saying that.
    Petracca deserved the Norm Smith medal he is immensely strong and skilled, only the Bont could go with him.
    Fritsch had a once in a lifetime day out, it pissed me off, he isn't that good imo, it reminded me of Gary Rowan beating us after the siren at Geelong.

Go Dogs in 2022 !!

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff westbulldog.

I've got to disagree on one point and maybe woof needs to move past a general dislike for him: Fritsch is a good player. Has a great toolbox and would be awesome on our forward line.
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Great stuff westbulldog.

I've got to disagree on one point and maybe woof needs to move past a general dislike for him: Fritsch is a good player. Has a great toolbox and would be awesome on our forward line.
    Fritsch is a really really good player. Arrogant as all get out, but up there with Tory Dickson for footy IQ and goal kicking accuracy.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Likes EasternWest, FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fritter is awesome. Been good all year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Fritsch is a really really good player. Arrogant as all get out, but up there with Tory Dickson for footy IQ and goal kicking accuracy.
    Fristch is a good player , and good enough to hate when he hurts you in games

His also got the best max headroom hair style in the league . The resemblance is uncanny !

I don’t know how to post images due to size limitation by here is link :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Headroom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Fristch is a good player , and good enough to hate when he hurts you in games

His also got the best max headroom hair style in the league . The resemblance is uncanny !

I don’t know how to post images due to size limitation by here is link :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Headroom

I see your Max Headroom and I raise you a Butthead.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    His scoring output would be my ideal outcome for Cody Weightman. Obviously while being less of a cock about it

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff westbulldog.

And all they talk about is Pickett this and Pickett that. Not sure who had him Saturday, think it was Wood, and only given half the amount of work put into him that we did with Pickett.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff westbulldog.

The dislike is his punchable head, not his talent

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    And all they talk about is Pickett this and Pickett that. Not sure who had him Saturday, think it was Wood, and only given half the amount of work put into him that we did with Pickett.
    Picket had two kicks and two handballs.

I wonder if Gardner could have played on Fritsch. He has killed us every time.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Pretty sure Duryea was on Pickett for large parts, but it's hard to know when watching on TV.

Pickett created a couple of goals though with his pressure on Truck forcing him to make a crucial error in Q1 and then he placed a big block on Dunks when Trac dribbled through a goal at the end of Q3 when the game was in the balance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Pretty sure Duryea was on Pickett for large parts, but it's hard to know when watching on TV.

Pickett created a couple of goals though with his pressure on Truck forcing him to make a crucial error in Q1 and then he placed a big block on Dunks when Trac dribbled through a goal at the end of Q3 when the game was in the balance.
    I was talking about who had Fritsch. I reread my post and it doesn't make much sense.