Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  119
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where's the pain ?

There are a couple of examples where clubs get smashed in a GF and front up the next year.

But there are a heap more who don’t.

Melbourne 1988 & 2000
    Power in 2008
    GWS in 2018

We had them, our best player was the best player on the ground.

No way to spin it, it is a lost opportunity and I am so disappointed we didn’t take it with both hands.

We are not guaranteed anything in life. To piss a grand final away like that is a major major stain on our club.

Coaches, players, and the footy department should be feeling the same way.

If we do not review the 17 minute patch during the 3rd quarter post season or pre season with the players we will go backwards.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Thanks GVGjr, Mutz thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I’m upset but not devastated. Perhaps without 2016 I’d be devastated. Looks like the players hit a brick wall. And we were not able to counter centre clearances or reliably stick tackles, whether that’s on the coaches or players or both I do not know. For me it’s how the players and the club respond next year I’m interested in. I’m hoping they get off the canvas and are driven to improve.

Somehow the PF losses for me felt worse. Still really proud of the amazing 3 finals wins this year. I’ve accepted Dees were much better tonight than us and had more steely reserve then I thought they were capable of. Also worried we could fall short against them for a few years more. Their star power is damn good and they fielded a younger and less experienced side then ours. Without a ruck combo that could counter Gawn and Jackson and our inability to stop Petracca and Oliver waltzing out of the middle we were like the boy with his finger in the dike.
    I'm with you Josie it was a great effort to get to the GF in the first place and I'm proud of the Guys for getting us there.
    Melbourne have a dream run this year and haven't been tested with forced changes to their list and they were fresh coming in to the GF and who knows what niggles we were caring from the scrap to get there in the first place.
    They hit us early and we fought back and in the process might have burnt all our petrol tickets to get there and once they got a shift in momentum we didn't have the gas to stop them.
    I look forward to 2022 with a hope we can have a more normal year and may be fix a few gaps in our list with either new blood or a lift in the players we have.
    If we don't get that extra ruck next year I hope we give Sweet a season to show he can play at the level as he should be coming into the age of when taller players start showing they can perform at the level.
    It should also be the year JUH gets to play more regular so to the club thank you for 2021 and so many wins and getting us to the GF bring on 2022 I'm ready.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

just hurts that we couldn't stem the bleeding and we crumbled way when it mattered most. could handle a smashing from the first bunce or a close loss - but to have them on the ropes and get beaten like that hurts.

the hardest part will be remaining calm when part time demons fans talk about this for the next 12 months.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    just hurts that we couldn't stem the bleeding and we crumbled way when it mattered most. could handle a smashing from the first bunce or a close loss - but to have them on the ropes and get beaten like that hurts.

the hardest part will be remaining calm when part time demons fans talk about this for the next 12 months.
    It does hurt and I'm flat this morning but what's done is done and the only thing we can do is get back on the horse and go one step further next year. I'm lucky that I'm up north and they are more interested in Rugby so I'm going to cop it on Monday from the odd Lions supporter but they didn't get there so it won't be that bad and then it will all be forgotten by Tuesday.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Well the suns come up and it's not the end if the world. At the end of the day we've just made the 2nd GF in my life time, yeah we didn't win but it was a he'll of a ride.

To me it's doesn't sting as much as it could have because we were just beaten by a better side on the day and we had a mare in the 2nd half. It's not a heartbreak loss that'll burn for years like 97, we just didn't deserve it.

Bring on 2022.
    The curse is dead.

8. Likes 1eyedog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    It does hurt and I'm flat this morning but what's done is done and the only thing we can do is get back on the horse and go one step further next year. I'm lucky that I'm up north and they are more interested in Rugby so I'm going to cop it on Monday from the odd Lions supporter but they didn't get there so it won't be that bad and then it will all be forgotten by Tuesday.
    I’d love to cop it from lions supporters. Possibly the most satisfying conversation other than with Port fans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Just saw a video of the bastards mocking us post game. That’s going to change my feelings pretty quickly.
    Yeah, that kind of takes a bit away from it. I was genuinely happy for their supporters, after 2016 who am I to be bitter about someone else experiencing the same thing. Now I wish they lost by a point and went back to being irrelevant.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne are my most hated club. Ever since they trolled JJ back in 2017 pre game.

Seeing that video makes me even more pissed off our blokes turned their toes up.

For a club that has done nothing in 50 odd years they are extremely self righteous and arrogant.

Now they have something to crow about, I just can’t deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Melbourne are my most hated club. Ever since they trolled JJ back in 2017 pre game.

Seeing that video makes me even more pissed off our blokes turned their toes up.

For a club that has done nothing in 50 odd years they are extremely self righteous and arrogant.

Now they have something to crow about, I just can’t deal with it.
    What video is this?

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple of examples where clubs get smashed in a GF and front up the next year.

But there are a heap more who don’t.

Melbourne 1988 & 2000
    Power in 2008
    GWS in 2018

We had them, our best player was the best player on the ground.

No way to spin it, it is a lost opportunity and I am so disappointed we didn’t take it with both hands.

We are not guaranteed anything in life. To piss a grand final away like that is a major major stain on our club.

Coaches, players, and the footy department should be feeling the same way.

If we do not review the 17 minute patch during the 3rd quarter post season or pre season with the players we will go backwards.

Good examples but in none of those game were the losing team 19 points up midway through the third. This gives me hope that we will back up and have the talent to do so. There are adjustments needed on our list but all in all our list is sound and will be thereabouts for a number of years yet. It may not feel like it today, after a 78 point loss, but there is no way they would have beaten us by that margin if this was a normal season. There really is not much difference between us except for those damn centre clearances.

14. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    What video is this?
    Melbourne players celebrating and mocking our celebrations after the port Adelaide win.

Angelopateglio posted the link in the game day thread (I think)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Yeah, that kind of takes a bit away from it. I was genuinely happy for their supporters, after 2016 who am I to be bitter about someone else experiencing the same thing. Now I wish they lost by a point and went back to being irrelevant.
    Was too much to expect that these pig scum pricks would have a bit of class. I would encourage us all to not behave like Swans fans and sook about it for years though. I’m not happy for them or there fans, they don’t need that from me, they just won a flag. That’s enough.

When I was playing, if that got leaked, next crack at the opponent would have been a blood bath. Just hope our boys understand that they put themselves in a position to be mocked and find another few gears to get on the other side of the equation.

Post Thanks / Like

Gutted, just have no motivation to even move today.

Post Thanks / Like

I said to husband last night, I wish I didn’t have so much invested in a stupid game.

I would have preferred to lose to Port. That was f**kin’ horrible.

The escapism of the last few weeks was nice, but what a crash back to reality. And to those f**kin’ smug Demon pr*cks…
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

19. Likes DOG GOD, ReLoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne players celebrating and mocking our celebrations after the port Adelaide win.

Angelopateglio posted the link in the game day thread (I think)
    Just watched the vid and think I’ve missed something - why is that a slight on us?