Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Put your crazy Bevo hat on

... and tell me one of the first weird ideas that come to mind.

English as a Full-back?
    It worked for Roughy, McEvoy has done it, if you're smart you can be slow and cut angles (Sam Collins, Sid). He's certainly got the reach.
    It's no more unlikely than taking an inside mid who could miss targets under pressure (Boyd) and turned him into a gun HB who played as an unofficial captain down there.
    Keath gets released to a second KPD role and gets to intercept more, something we sorely lacked this year.

What other crazy-Bevo ideas can we think of?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Put your crazy Bevo hat on

Bailey Williams to the midfield.

Is composed in traffic and a good user under pressure (please ignore the Grand Final). Naturally finds the ball and is a strong body and not slow. Think he could work well as a more defensive minded mid to complement the others.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

4. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post

Is composed in traffic and a good user under pressure (please ignore the Grand Final). Naturally finds the ball and is a strong body and not slow. Think he could work well as a more defensive minded mid to complement the others.
    If he can stick a tackle why not try it?

Post Thanks / Like

Lachie Hunter as a run-with mid-fielder/tagger. He can run all day.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Jamarra as that intercept marking backman we are talking about. Maybe like the run in defence for Schache, it will help build his intensity and defensive pressure. Of course it wouldn't be permanent but definitely a teaching opportunity for at least the pre-season.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Gets caught way too often second guessing his first decision.

Vandermeer as a +1 in the midfield. Multifunctional player who can burst away or create chaos defensively.
    Daniel deep forward. His stoppage goal in Ballarat was the stuff of legends.

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roarke Smith in midfield defensive role or as a mid sized pressure forward.

Post Thanks / Like

I like idea but also think Bailey Dale would be good in the midfield. Has pace, can break tackles and of course disposes the ball (generally) well. Off HBF he has been fantastic but there are still one or two areas that concern me and one of those is his man on man defending. This wouldn’t be exposed as much in the midfield. We definitely need more pace in the midfield and he would complement a Libba, Dunks and the like.

12. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Richards inside mid, Macrae to a wing.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner as number me backman
    Keith as the interceptor
    VDM / Garcia burst midfield in short stints
    Young as ruck . We need to try him in ONE position and play the whole season.
    Richards on the hb

Fast track JUH in Hannan role . Sorry Hannan , love your story and achievement but in the big stage was found wanting
    Garcia/scott/McNeil/Cody get them to be the small feds who crumb. I like scott and Garcia’s versatility they can play in the midfield
    And good tacklers

Learn to make tackles stick .Big weights program to improve groups core and strength. Oliver is so strong how in world he can break those tackles ?
    Trading :

Trade Dunks and convert into round 1 or 2x2 picks to get the best talent to plug those holes.

Melksham , is he gettable ? He could be our fwd/mid , maybe burst mid ?

Ask Grundy if he wants to play in another GF ? Somehow find a way to convince him or his management .His one of the missing pieces

Bring Mumford in as ruckcoach

Not popular suggestions , some are going to hate it .

I want to win another premeriship
    Last edited by macca; 27-09-2021 at 06:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont to CHF. Bruce (when he's fit again) to defence.

I don't mind Mof's idea of moving English to FB, he's certainly got the skillset to play down back.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Gardner as number me backman
    Keith as the interceptor
    VDM / Garcia burst midfield in short stints
    Young as ruck . We need to try him in ONE position and play the whole season.
    Richards on the hb

Fast track JUH in Hannan role . Sorry Hannan , love your story and achievement but in the big stage was found wanting
    Garcia/scott/McNeil/Cody get them to be the small feds who crumb. I like scott and Garcia’s versatility they can play in the midfield
    And good tacklers

Learn to make tackles stick .Big weights program to improve groups core and strength. Oliver is so strong how in world he can break those tackles ?
    Trading :

Trade Dunks and convert into round 1 or 2x2 picks to get the best talent to plug those holes.

Melksham , is he gettable ? He could be our fwd/mid , maybe burst mid ?

Ask Grundy if he wants to play in another GF ? Somehow find a way to convince him or his management .His one of the missing pieces

Bring Mumford in as ruckcoach

Not popular suggestions , some are going to hate it .

I want to win another premeriship
    A bit to unpack macca, but I don't mind the Melksham suggestion. He would also add a bit of hardness to our forwards and midfield.

On Dunkley Jeemak went down this route last year- so maybe pick up that discussion in jee's thread so he can get to 3,000 post count.

What do you see in Young to see him make it as a ruckman?

Agree on your commentary around Scott, Weightman, Garcia, McNeil and you can also add in VDM to that group.

What can we do with Ed Richards to get him into best 22? He is too talented not to be playing.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

17. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

English on a wing. Channeling his inner Richo. That position requires elite running capacity much more than one-on-one competitiveness, which suits him to a tee.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

19. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    English on a wing. Channeling his inner Richo. That position requires elite running capacity much more than one-on-one competitiveness, which suits him to a tee.
    Also an ability to hold position and not get sucked into the contest, something a lot of elite mids can't help doing (Macrae).
    I think other wings would burn him off but wasn't English trialled on a wing during some VFL games a while back?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep, nearly mentioned this one myself.
    Bevo to the MC "I think they're onto us with English into the ruck so lets move him onto a wing and really shake this game up"
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"