Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
    Post Thanks / Like

Five years ago today

What an overwhelming, magnificent, inspiring day that was, capping a completely unlikely four weeks of footy.

The 2016 achievement will grow more imposing and epic as time goes by. No one has been able to “do a Bulldogs” again. Not even the Bulldogs.

At times this year we have all pondered whether the 2021 breed is more talented. I don’t know if they are, but the greatness of 2016 was that it was about more than talent. I don’t know if there’s ever been a flag won on the back of such sheer fanatical desire and commitment, of getting so much out of players with limitations combined with the steel and hunger of the older blokes who’d known heartache.

Grand finals are so hard to get to. We knew that. Grand finals are so hard to win. We know that now.

Whatever magic blend happened that four weeks I’ll be thankful forever that we saw it.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

2. Likes macca, 1eyedog, josie, Eastdog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Five years ago today

Oh thank god for 2016. I want to keep winning no doubt. But reminiscing with 2016 sure takes the edge off.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Day.

Looking forward to Another Day.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, although last Saturday was a downer 2016 always brings back great memories. Goodness knows how I’d be if we’d lost both.

Watched all 4 x 2016 finals before last weeks game and doubt I’ll ever tire of watching them again at least once a year.

7. Likes Eastdog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Planning on watching the 2016 GF on DVD soon. What a great day that was. That whole finals series for us was unbelievable. All those games were great.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

9. Likes josie liked this post