Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
    Post Thanks / Like

And now there are six left

The unrelenting churn of footballers through the system continues like the spinning of the globe. We're down to the last six now - the Bont, Daniel, JJ, Libba, Jacko and Toby.

Last year my money was on Dunkley to be the last Premiership player to be running around in the RW&B. Now my money is on the Bont.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: And now there are six left

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    The unrelenting churn of footballers through the system continues like the spinning of the globe. We're down to the last six now - the Bont, Daniel, JJ, Libba, Jacko and Toby.

Last year my money was on Dunkley to be the last Premiership player to be running around in the RW&B. Now my money is on the Bont.
    Need to get another flag. Things change quickly at club land.
    It might be a foot race between Daniel and Bont from here.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

This easily fixed by winning the 2023 Flag.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your money was on a guy who was coming out of contract having tried and failed to be traded a year earlier? Remind me not to follow your horse racing tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Your money was on a guy who was coming out of contract having tried and failed to be traded a year earlier? Remind me not to follow your horse racing tips.
    Don't worry I don't follow the gee-gees or the dish lickers. In my defence I think I might have started a thread like this a couple of years ago when we still had 11 players left.
    I'm very disappointed in Dunkley tbh. Played in a flag side when he was just 19 and had only 14? games behind him. My thinking at the time was that he was the youngest of those left and had been very consistent. I guess I place a bigger store on loyalty than those from other generations. But, then again, in football these days loyalty runs both ways. It's a business, like any other, but the product it's dealing in is supporters' emotional attachment and tribal identity.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry I don't follow the gee-gees or the dish lickers. In my defence I think I might have started a thread like this a couple of years ago when we still had 11 players left.
    I'm very disappointed in Dunkley tbh. Played in a flag side when he was just 19 and had only 14? games behind him. My thinking at the time was that he was the youngest of those left and had been very consistent. I guess I place a bigger store on loyalty than those from other generations. But, then again, in football these days loyalty runs both ways. It's a business, like any other, but the product it's dealing in is supporters' emotional attachment and tribal identity.
    I am filthy with him.......Murphy, Wally.....far more deserving of the Premiership medal

9. Likes merantau, BornInDroopSt'54, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bloody amazing and tragedy in some sense, if we do not get another gf or premiership or two from some of those six.