Thanks Thanks:  107
Likes Likes:  266
Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2022 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

For all discussion of Doggies memberships and also to post up the tally when that is known. I’m hoping for 50,000 members in 2022.

Go Dogs!
    Last edited by Eastdog; 03-10-2021 at 11:53 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes Grantysghost, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    For all discussion for Doggies memberships and also to post up the tally when that is known. I’m hoping for 50,000 members in 2022.

Go Dogs!
    Surely we crack the 50k in 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Surely we crack the 50k in 22.
    Would be a great achievement if we could. Will see how it goes.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a couple of years off im signed up again.

PS. Grabbed the members hoodie as well.
    Last edited by Danny the snakeman; 04-10-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny story I had to contact the membership department today to update my credit card details.

Two minute wait it said…cool cool cool.

”Sons of the west..bada da da daaa” starts blaring invoking involuntary imaginary scarf waving…..

By the tenth rendition, waves of pain were crashing over me, those smug demons were encircling my every thought I was close to giving up on my loyalty streak !… then..

Hi Bulldogs membership how can we help ?

Me :

HERES MY CC AND I WANT THE BEANIE !

8. Likes EasternWest, 1eyedog, hujsh, DOG GOD, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Signed myself and junior pup up once again. 26 years for me, 12 for my son.

Did it online, but will have to ring tomorrow. Didn't get the choice of cap/beanie/scarf/voucher on my online membership
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post

Did it online, but will have to ring tomorrow. Didn't get the choice of cap/beanie/scarf/voucher on my online membership
    I had the option of a Beanie or a cap but I’m not sure if it’s related to my tier or not? Surely everyone can get a cap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post

I'll be a member next year but need to work out if the player sponsors group and even going to the games is worth the investment.
    I understand that Covid has been a huge hurdle in the last 2 years for the club but what really gripes me is that for a number of years prior to that they have been essentially closing access to the club down to the supporters.
    For example training sessions are very hard to get to with the club having so many closed sessions.
    The East meets West day is also gone. For someone who has been use to going to the club frequently during the off season this is a huge adjustment and the connection to the club is diminishing.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'll be a member next year but need to work out if the player sponsors group and even going to the games is worth the investment.
    I understand that Covid has been a huge hurdle in the last 2 years for the club but what really gripes me is that for a number of years prior to that they have been essentially closing access to the club down to the supporters.
    For example training sessions are very hard to get to with the club having so many closed sessions.
    The East meets West day is also gone. For someone who has been use to going to the club frequently during the off season this is a huge adjustment and the connection to the club is diminishing.
    Noticed GA to the two Ballarat games was an add-on not complimentary next year for Player Sponsors.

Not a big deal, but considering we get two less games at Marvel and we’ve pretty much donated over the last two seasons it’s not hard to do little things like that to keep people engaged.

Especially when we are making a profit.

Don’t get me wrong love that we are, but we need to look after our people as well.

I think it’s important to feed how you feel back to the club GVG; Dale is pretty responsive even via text and it can only help them formulate a more inclusive experience using the data we provide.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that will be able to get our same reserved seats back next year that we had prior to Covid assuming everything is back to normal in 2022. I think that you need to notify the club to update that into your account.

14. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think it’s important to feed how you feel back to the club GVG; Dale is pretty responsive even via text and it can only help them formulate a more inclusive experience using the data we provide.
    I've completed a few surveys sharing some comprehensive thoughts and even left my number to no avail.
    Dales great but he can't change the clubs attitude towards training sessions and club nights etc.

16. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've completed a few surveys sharing some comprehensive thoughts and even left my number to no avail.
    Dales great but he can't change the clubs attitude towards training sessions and club nights etc.
    Has it gotten worse under Beveridge?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Has it gotten worse under Beveridge?
    Substantially. The blinds in the cafe, the number of closed training sessions, the removal of the East West day and the access to club presentations and a number of other fan engagements opportunities have either been diminished or cancelled all together.

For a competition that does it's best to have something of interest for every month and to keep the AFL in the news except for the month of January as a club we have 'managed' the fan engagement to more or less snippets on the clubs website or what we read about in the media.
    For many people, I guess 'switching on' in March and off in October is okay but for those of us who have traditionally been more invested the loss and removal of the engagement opportunities just distances us from the club.

Clearly Covid wouldn't have helped but if we look deeper then it's been trending that way well before that.

Post Thanks / Like

Substantially. The blinds in the cafe, the number of closed training sessions, the removal of the East West day and the access to club presentations and a number of other fan engagements opportunities have either been diminished or cancelled all together.

For a competition that does it's best to have something of interest for every month and to keep the AFL in the news except for the month of January as a club we have 'managed' the fan engagement to more or less snippets on the clubs website or what we read about in the media.
    For many people, I guess 'switching on' in March and off in October is okay but for those of us who have traditionally been more invested the loss and removal of the engagement opportunities just distances us from the club.

Clearly Covid wouldn't have helped but if we look deeper then it's been trending that way well before that.
    I agree since Beveridge has taken the helm a few things have started dropping away. I must admit it seems to go against what Beveridge stands for inclusion, embracing the fans etc.

It is the balancing act between chasing the ultimate and keeping fans engaged. I am sure there is a better balance that can be had.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I believe that will be able to get our same reserved seats back next year that we had prior to Covid assuming everything is back to normal in 2022. I think that you need to notify the club to update that into your account.
    Called the club up today and Lachlan helped me out updating everything in my account.

My silver reserve seat is back and I added the away add on as well continuing the social club for the guaranteed GF ticket if we make it.

Hoping 2022 is a very different year and that we are going to matches normally.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 05-10-2021 at 08:47 PM.

21. Likes GVGjr, EasternWest, Prince Imperial liked this post