Thanks Thanks:  107
Likes Likes:  266
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Further update - apparently there aren't guest speakers before the game because TWO more people would've meant that player sponsors would've been locked out due to room size (it's probably the same if not bigger).

"Regarding the players and MC, with room capacity constraints in the Quill Room (not based on covid, just size), we wanted to monitor ticketing uptake for our initial home games to ensure that we could safely get all of our Players Sponsors back to the footy and we wouldn’t initially end up with a situation where we had guest speakers, but a significant number of Player Sponsors being denied entry into the room."

Two people, a player and an MC would've led to a SIGNIFICANT number of player sponsors missing out.

FMD - What horsesh1t.
    I'm securing other seats from now on and will just sit out with the other members.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm securing other seats from now on and will just sit out with the other members.
    It's so very disappointing.

The update is there's a new person starting to replace Dale next week Micheal Peart. Again 0 comms around this.

Also "the terrific news is they are going to reintroduce talent prior to games".

And...signed photos are still apparently in the works ! (yeah ok).

The person who I am communicating with clearly is treating me like a mug and now I've called his bluff and made him accountable is going over the top in such a sickly fashion I really don't want to talk to him at all.

I've communicated directly with Bains, let's hope he can respond.

Post Thanks / Like

It's so very disappointing.

The update is there's a new person starting to replace Dale next week Micheal Peart. Again 0 comms around this.

Also "the terrific news is they are going to reintroduce talent prior to games".

And...signed photos are still apparently in the works ! (yeah ok).

The person who I am communicating with clearly is treating me like a mug and now I've called his bluff and made him accountable is going over the top in such a sickly fashion I really don't want to talk to him at all.

I've communicated directly with Bains, let's hope he can respond.
    This pisses me off, you have to complain to Baines to get this sorted. Surely he has better stuff to do. This is a dig at the “club employee “ and not you GG.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    This pisses me off, you have to complain to Baines to get this sorted. Surely he has better stuff to do. This is a dig at the “club employee “ and not you GG.
    Amazingly round 2 wasn't an issue with room capacity and the dam walls breaking because a player would talk.

Every player sponsor would have expected a player to speak prior to that game. As they've done for every game for the last 5 years I have been there and many more I expect.

What a lame excuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazingly round 2 wasn't an issue with room capacity and the dam walls breaking because a player would talk.

Every player sponsor would have expected a player to speak prior to that game. As they've done for every game for the last 5 years I have been there and many more I expect.

What a lame excuse.
    I'm in my 16th year I think and it was always player and/or past player or club official interviews.
    I understand and accept that Marvel has left them in a bit of a predicament
    They'll get a couple of more memberships from me this year and I'm happy to do that but I'll be looking for seating away from the Sponsors room.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Aza, most years I get sent 2 or 3 surveys from the club and I take the time to highlight opportunities to improve based on my on views and feedback I hear from others. I think there is also a box where you can tick that says would you accept a call based on your feedback and I can't say I've been called to clarify anything.

There was a coterie manager years back when I first joined called Michael who really worked with what was an emerging sponsors group. He was proactive, reasonable and flexible and if you were going interstate to watch a game he would lead you in the right direction. Then we had Chris who I also rated but over the last few years with the numbers growing to capacity I think there is a chance things have been taken for granted and it's now very much a take it or leave it approach.
    This is not having a go as I don't have a bad word to say about any of them but it might be the price you pay when you have a group that is at or near it's capacity. It just doesn't suit now and I'll look for an alternative solution to get my footy fix.
    They will not lose me as a paid up member though.

Post Thanks / Like

9. Thanks Bulldog4life, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Closing in on our club record.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

According to board at Whitten Oval.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post

According to board at Whitten Oval.
    Be nice if we can crack 50k
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

14. Thanks bornadog, josie, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is the club record broken.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

16. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

50k looks unlikely unless one or two are feeling generous..
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    That is the club record broken.
    It depends on what you count actually. In the 2017 annual report, the club said we had 47,709 but the total officially counted by the AFL that year was 47,653. I suspect the former total included a few after the AFL cutoff date.

Anyway, I'm guessing we'll hear something from the club tomorrow about breaking the record.

19. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on what you count actually. In the 2017 annual report, the club said we had 47,709 but the total officially counted by the AFL that year was 47,653. I suspect the former total included a few after the AFL cutoff date.

Anyway, I'm guessing we'll hear something from the club tomorrow about breaking the record.
    I think we should get 50K. The cut off date is sometime in June/July I believe.

I became a EJ Whitten social club member at the start 2016 so fortunate to have it when we made the GF and won. I’m also a provisional MCC member.

21. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post