Thanks Thanks:  107
Likes Likes:  266
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Got an email today from Australia Post saying that my membership pack is on its way. Just need to be patient due to Covid and the staff shortages. They are doing the best they can under the circumstances.
    It's such a shame that they cannot get the membership packs out before Christmas. I used to buy Young Scraggers his for one of his Christmas presents ... not anymore. By the way, Covid isn't the reason. It is cheaper for them to produce/package/mail en masse than it is to send when they membership is purchased. They have been doing it this way since 2018. I rang and asked why we hadn't received the package 2 months after we renewed ... that's what I was told. Most clubs do it this way now.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    It's such a shame that they cannot get the membership packs out before Christmas. I used to buy Young Scraggers his for one of his Christmas presents ... not anymore. By the way, Covid isn't the reason. It is cheaper for them to produce/package/mail en masse than it is to send when they membership is purchased. They have been doing it this way since 2018. I rang and asked why we hadn't received the package 2 months after we renewed ... that's what I was told. Most clubs do it this way now.
    Makes sense to do it that way. As Long as I have my pack well before round 1, I am fine
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    The cost of my kids membership packs are a cost of doing business that I am happy to pay (ie making sure they are Bulldogs supporters). They arrived today, a month out from round 1, so I am fine with the current process.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Prince Imperial; 15-02-2022 at 11:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Get your membership - Only 30 days before the first bounce

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Something to note; as per other sports like the A League your plastic card is not used for entry.

I'm actually surprised we still got one.

I have my A League membership in my Google Wallet (Android Phone), iPhone users have the same in their Apple wallet and you simply scan this at the gate.

Looks like Dogs will use the Bulldogs App, but I'm sure you'll be able to add to wallets too.

---
    From membership email :

You may have noticed that your 2022 membership card does not include either your membership barcode or Reserved Seat details (AFL Reserve Seat product holders only) and we acknowledge that this has caused some confusion relating to match day access arrangements.

Your membership card acts as an important identifier of Club membership and is a great way for members to show their loyalty and support at all home games. It does not, however, enable access to the game itself and in the way membership cards were used prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Clubs will be required to deliver a digital scan-in approach for home games in season 2022, meaning that all Western Bulldogs reserved seat and general admission (Bronze) members will require a digital barcode to access games. This digital membership card will be available via the Western Bulldogs app on your smart phone device prior to each home game and can be used to enable your walk-up entry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Something to note; as per other sports like the A League your plastic card is not used for entry.

I'm actually surprised we still got one.

I have my A League membership in my Google Wallet (Android Phone), iPhone users have the same in their Apple wallet and you simply scan this at the gate.

Looks like Dogs will use the Bulldogs App, but I'm sure you'll be able to add to wallets too.

---
    From membership email :

You may have noticed that your 2022 membership card does not include either your membership barcode or Reserved Seat details (AFL Reserve Seat product holders only) and we acknowledge that this has caused some confusion relating to match day access arrangements.

Your membership card acts as an important identifier of Club membership and is a great way for members to show their loyalty and support at all home games. It does not, however, enable access to the game itself and in the way membership cards were used prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Clubs will be required to deliver a digital scan-in approach for home games in season 2022, meaning that all Western Bulldogs reserved seat and general admission (Bronze) members will require a digital barcode to access games. This digital membership card will be available via the Western Bulldogs app on your smart phone device prior to each home game and can be used to enable your walk-up entry.
    What about those that don't have a smart phone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Good question.

I had a look on the Victory FAQ and they say to contact the club.
    I assume they'll be able to organise tickets for pick up or the like (maybe print at home).

My mum is in this boat so I'll have to find out.

10. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Pick up at tic window after arrangement with club. If people don't have a smart phone , im pretty sure they wouldn't have a printer at home.

12. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

14. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post

40k by round 1 a real possibility, if we slam dunk Melb in R1 I'd expect a big boost as well
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    40k by round 1 a real possibility, if we slam dunk Melb in R1 I'd expect a big boost as well
    Absolute certainty, memberships will always ramp up leading up to the first round.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Good question.

I had a look on the Victory FAQ and they say to contact the club.
    I assume they'll be able to organise tickets for pick up or the like (maybe print at home).

My mum is in this boat so I'll have to find out.
    Absolutely hate this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Absolutely hate this.
    I've contacted the club regarding this - and they can email to you the week of the game which probably isn't too much of a hassle.

See below :

-----

Good afternoon,

I hope you are well,

In this case your mum or yourself would need to contact the club the week of the event and we can email the tickets to you or they can be picked up from the game.

Kind regards,
    Western Bulldogs Membership Department
    Western Bulldogs
    Tel: 03 8899 7414

Post Thanks / Like

Love the beanie.
    The curse is dead.